converting eb2 6cyl to 5.0 v8 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: converting eb2 6cyl to 5.0 v8
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

ok im toying with the idea of pulling the running gear from my eb1 5.0 sedan and putting it in my eb2 6 cyl wagon (who hoo then ill have 2 v8 wagons) has anyone converted a 6cyl to v8 in eb before ive done s**t of xy/xe ect but never a efi,but seeing i have the 2 cars surely it cant be hard,so can any one see any hick ups,the only thing i can think of is the eb2 computer runs the auto aswell but the eb1 auto has a stand alone computer???not sure thought i read it somewhere.so what will i need to do elecs wise??? coz a mock xr6 wagons kinda cool but a mock xr8 wagon is very cool in my eyes lol,ive got a hoist ect and workshop thats no probs,just a bit scared of the electrics lol

Post subject: Re: converting eb2 6cyl to 5.0 v8
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

v8fordman351 wrote:
ok im toying with the idea of pulling the running gear from my eb1 5.0 sedan and putting it in my eb2 6 cyl wagon (who hoo then ill have 2 v8 wagons) has anyone converted a 6cyl to v8 in eb before ive done s**t of xy/xe ect but never a efi,but seeing i have the 2 cars surely it cant be hard,so can any one see any hick ups,the only thing i can think of is the eb2 computer runs the auto aswell but the eb1 auto has a stand alone computer???not sure thought i read it somewhere.so what will i need to do elecs wise??? coz a mock xr6 wagons kinda cool but a mock xr8 wagon is very cool in my eyes lol,ive got a hoist ect and workshop thats no probs,just a bit scared of the electrics lol

is the EB2 pre-smartlock?

if it's not, you will need to some how wire up the engine loom side of smartlock. (should be easy)

All E-series V8's have a stand alone computer for the transmission. It was only the I6's that got them built into the ECU.

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
v8fordman351 wrote:

is the EB2 pre-smartlock?

if it's not, you will need to some how wire up the engine loom side of smartlock. (should be easy)

All E-series V8's have a stand alone computer for the transmission. It was only the I6's that got them built into the ECU.
well yeah i think it is it hasnt got a smartlock flashing light or remote locking thats awsome about the computer for the auto so its just a swap the ecus over,what about the speed thingo under the consule???

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

v8fordman351 wrote:
well yeah i think it is it hasnt got a smartlock flashing light or remote locking thats awsome about the computer for the auto so its just a swap the ecus over,what about the speed thingo under the consule???

the speed thing is for the cruise control computer :)

the EBII being pre-smartlock should make things much easier. If you use all the engine looms from the EB1, the ECU and TCM should be plug and play :)

and yes, the engine/ECU looms will plug into the dash loom no problems

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Hilux

VIC, Australia

maybe just completly strip it and just put EVERYTHING in

Now driving a Hilux

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
v8fordman351 wrote:

the EBII being pre-smartlock should make things much easier. If you use all the engine looms from the EB1, the ECU and TCM should be plug and play :)

are you telling me there is a seperate engine loom with a plug,now i feel like big kev im EXCITED lol if thats the case ill do it for sure

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

v8fordman351 wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:
v8fordman351 wrote:

are you telling me there is a seperate engine loom with a plug,now i feel like big kev im EXCITED lol if thats the case ill do it for sure

lol you didn't think all the wires in the engine are all joined as one big piece through the whole car? how do you think they got it in there? it all unplugs :P

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
v8fordman351 wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:
v8fordman351 wrote:

lol you didn't think all the wires in the engine are all joined as one big piece through the whole car? how do you think they got it in there? it all unplugs :P
lol i did coz they dont have plugs in all the old cars but then again they dont have that many wires lol the eb sedan ive got for sale just got a whole lot cheaper coz its gunna be a 6 thanks heaps you boys have made my day/night lol

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
v8fordman351 wrote:
fordzatmyplace wrote:
v8fordman351 wrote:

hey where do i find these plugs????

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

under the dash near the pedel box. You'll see the plugs and then the loom going through the firewall

theres also the plug for the ECU which is under the left hand side of the dash

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Should be pretty easy mate as you already have both cars there. As far as the electrics go, the V8 loom has a transmission control module(galvanised steel box with yellow plugs) and its located on your pdeal box. The loom for this will come out on the driver side firewall and it then goes to the passenger side to meet up with a round 10 pin plug and a 6?? pin rectangle plug and both go to the auto.

I would think that the V8 loom and the auto loom should detach from the cars loom but I cant be sure. The hardest bit will be the loom behind the dash. The rest should be straight forward.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

banarcus wrote:
Should be pretty easy mate as you already have both cars there. As far as the electrics go, the V8 loom has a transmission control module(galvanised steel box with yellow plugs) and its located on your pdeal box. The loom for this will come out on the driver side firewall and it then goes to the passenger side to meet up with a round 10 pin plug and a 6?? pin rectangle plug and both go to the auto.

I would think that the V8 loom and the auto loom should detach from the cars loom but I cant be sure. The hardest bit will be the loom behind the dash. The rest should be straight forward.
why did i have to look in your gallery now im thinking a 5 speed would be better aswell,your wagon looks sweet,but for now ill just fit everything i have sort the bugs out then start playing!!

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

banarcus wrote:

the transmission control loom is a part of the engine loom mate.

He won't have to worry about changing the dash loom either. They are the same between I6 and V8

^^^ What He Said

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]