Fordmods Logo

Dart 400 cube stroker or Dart 347 cube stroker??? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

I have read the box intakes aren't all that effective until you are running mass boost. Would that still be the most effective intake for around 15 psi?

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:15 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Kilma wrote:
I have read the box intakes aren't all that effective until you are running mass boost. Would that still be the most effective intake for around 15 psi?

This was true of earlier designs where the upper was effectively just a box on top of the lower with next to no runner length. Long runner length is required to build torque(the reason the small 5.0 Ford engine makes good torque is due in large part to this), shortening the runner length usually(but not always) increases top end power at the expense of low end torque. This is true whether normally aspirated or not.
The TFS-R with box upper is very similar in it's design to the TS50 Ford intake in that there are still some staggered runners with bellmounths inside the box. Of course the TS50 engine has a larger capacity, therefore it can afford to give up some runner length that would otherwise have created a torque deficiency on smaller displacement engine.

Pete.

Post subject: comp
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

What comp you running?

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
EBXR8380 wrote:
I have Twisted wedge heads but any afterarket head will make power when air is forced in there..In my case I'm using turbo's. I have them set up so rpm runs out around 6500 so there not much chance of over rev etc.. Plus ecu rev limit setting...

Sorry to hijack the thread but how did you get the rpm to run out at 6500. Did you just pick some heads that were suited up to 6500rpm on a standard stroke engine, and any higher then that and their flow just drops off?

NO I have rev limiter set soft at 6500 and hard at 6800 rpm.. Mainly due to Hydro cam & heavy roller lifters.. The turbine housings are .63 also. Fitted with T04 sized T350 P trim 61mm wheel X's two..More than enough...
TFS track heat heads flowheaps esp ported by Gatt bros...
Besides with 588 rwhp there's traction issues...

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Just took a look at the Trickflow Box-R manifold and apparently you need aftermarket fuel rails to run the thing.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... =1&N=700+0

Do aftermarket rails exist or would these need to be made up as a custom jobbie?

V8 Windsor here we come.....

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

That's due to the std rails only supporting 500 h.p...
There are plenty of aftermarket rails around...[U.S- summit or Jegs]
We made our own from alloy bought fr $50 a meter drilled holes for injectors 13.5 mmX 12m deep @ 20* angle then 1/8 into rail ..
Then welded superflow fittings on ends.. They can be drilled and tapped also ...
They are much cheaper to mke yourself, but without changing them power is limited...http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku
pics
http://store.summitracing.com/largeimag ... S-51580001
Fuel reg is included due to having higher fuel flow a bigger return is required ...
Some pics of my rails .. this is early the fuel reg is at the front between fuel rails now

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's

Post subject: intake
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I currently have a 347 bottom end and thinking of going bigger, Could my allloy heads & trickflow intake fit straight onto a 351w block???

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

You'll have to buy another TFS "lower" manifold as block is wider.. The heads will bolt on.. You MAY have to drill head bolt holes in head alittle bigger as 351's have 1/2 bolts...No big deal..

As in ZOOM 126 edition

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3