Fordmods Logo

e series twin exhaust 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: e series twin exhaust
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:58 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA XR8 & EF Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

are there any companies that make an off the shelf twin 2.5inch system to fit an e series falcon?
i have a custom twin 2.5inch system on my fairmont at the moment but it hits the diff housing and body when i go over a decent bump in the road. the guy that did the system has told me it is the best he can do, and no one else iv spoken too is willing to even look at it because they just say it is too hard and they dont want to do it.
cheers.

Post subject: Re: e series twin exhaust
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Ford EL XR8

NSW, Australia

Same thing up my way, most say it will not be worth it and the extra bends in one of the pipes would add up to alot of restriction anyway. And they could not guarantee it wont bang on the diff or floor. Best bet is to change to 3- 3.5inch over the diff and out

EL XR8 II Manual, Ported GT40P's, E303 cam, Au220TB, 70mm MAF, HiFlo Cats, Tune (215rwkw) and some bigger brakes

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

It can be done, and had been done.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:10 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Explorer

NSW, Australia

look up bestmufflers.com, its located in victoria. they have a kit made by manta. cat back but its close to $1000

kangaroos and radiators are a bad mixture

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:40 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

thanks i will have a look.
i know it has been done, but all the exhaust places around here are just lazy and not really willing to make the effort. and as for going for a 3 or 3.5 inch pipe over the diff and out the back, i did think of that but that size pipe with the ef tickford rear lip looks a little stupid in my opinion.

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:53 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: xr8 no.3 Au3 Ute

QLD, Australia

is ur car lowered at all? the twin system i had in my ef xr8 was good, never hit. but was standard height. my el xr8 was a pain in the a***. the exhaust guys had a 2nd go to try make it better, but it still hit. although my el was fairly low in the a***, and spongy too. all i did was put a heap of sickaflex on the diff where it hit. stopped the horrid noise that came out, turned it into a very dull light thud. barely noticeable. and once the sickaflex wore/burned off i just put more on.

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

'Manta' make a dual 2.5, retails for about $1k. It just needs a X-pipe and it would be perfect.

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

my fairmont sits at xr height, so its not overly low. i have an x-pipe sitting in the shed ready to in, so when that goes in i might just change the rear section where it goes over the diff and see how it goes. if it continues to frustrate me i'll have to consider a new system like the manta one.

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

Someone had a twin system for an E series Fairlane for sale here a while back, check out the pics. it was twin 2.5 up over the diff and then single 3" to the back, although you could just make it twin all the way which is what i plan on doing. I've just saved his photo's and then i'll give them to my exhaust fella to work with.

Oh and by the way, what does your x-pipe look like? I have a magnaflow "tru-x" but it's completely hollow in the middle.... which obviously promotes gas mixing but surely it would create a fair amount of turbulence?

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

This is the design u want in ur XR8

http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information ... xe_esp.htm

or get the manta system from Chris at Best Mufflers which he said was a good system but personally, i dont like the standard big mac meal that everyone else get's :D

http://www.bestmufflers.com.au/

Go to his online store section and on the left click Manta and then ford and it will bring up the system.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

MICKYYYY wrote:

or get the manta system from Chris at Best Mufflers which he said was a good system but personally, i dont like the standard big mac meal that everyone else get's :D

Go to his online store section and on the left click Manta and then ford and it will bring up the system.

The system on the XE looks pretty sweet, although why go single at the end? Why not just coarry on the twin pipes?

If only stainless wasn't so damn expensive. Does anyone know of a place that does cheap stainless mandrel bends? I have talked to a few muffler shops here in NZ but they reckon that 2.25" stainless is hard to get.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:20 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

the esp system is sort of how mine is set up over the diff at the moment, but its twin 2.5 all the way out to the back. but it hits on the body and diff. i didnt want a normal run of the mill single 3inch system or single 2.5inch, so i went for the twin 2.5inch, now just have to try and get it to clear everything... or give up and throw a $1000 at it and get the manta system.
the x-pipe i have is a magnaflow one, im not sure how it will go, but il give it a shot, if i dont like it i will try and convince one of the welders we get through work from time to time, to weld something up.

Attachments:
index.jpg
index.jpg [ 3.79 KiB | Viewed 2767 times ]

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
MICKYYYY wrote:

The system on the XE looks pretty sweet, although why go single at the end? Why not just coarry on the twin pipes?

If only stainless wasn't so damn expensive. Does anyone know of a place that does cheap stainless mandrel bends? I have talked to a few muffler shops here in NZ but they reckon that 2.25" stainless is hard to get.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Single at the rear becuz of space and easy to make up and easy to remove and done correctly like Chis does in all his jobs it works perfect.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

fairmont v8 ghia wrote:
i have a custom twin 2.5inch system on my fairmont at the moment but it hits the diff housing and body when i go over a decent bump in the road. the guy that did the system has told me it is the best he can do, and no one else iv spoken too is willing to even look at it because they just say it is too hard and they dont want to do it.
cheers.

Mine was custom fabricated like yours. I initially had a slight rub / bump too when the suspension was compressed hard but I took mine back and pointed it out and he just cut and re-welded it to clear properly. He didn't have a problem with adjusting it so I guess you got unlucky with your fabricator. I think there's a pic of mine in my gallery.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

A couple thread with twin setups

http://www.boostedfalcon.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17008

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11303621

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next