eb 5.0L VS bronco 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: eb 5.0L VS bronco
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

NSW, Australia

on me way home going under wallgrove rd on the M4 2nite in the road works zone I got next to a bronco we were both crusing at 80kms but as soon as he got under the wallgrove Rd bridge he tromped it and so did I his car was loud but I seen him jump up to see me coming next to him he put his foot down more & so did I but I left him for s**t :lol:

MEMBER 1390

Post subject: Re: eb 5.0L VS bronco
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Ben_Daui wrote:
on me way home going under wallgrove rd on the M4 2nite in the road works zone I got next to a bronco we were both crusing at 80kms but as soon as he got under the wallgrove Rd bridge he tromped it and so did I his car was loud but I seen him jump up to see me coming next to him he put his foot down more & so did I but I left him for s**t :lol:

Err, and what did you expect?
lol, expect it to suddenly loose traction n leave you in a smoke storm?
LMFAO

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

A Bronco, wow man, lol...

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

lol dont allways take things for granted.... i got thrashed senseless by a 1977 F150 SWB a few months back (i was in my WB, 308, manual)

it looked like a piece of s**t (old black paint, half the grille missing, a few dings, etc.......) but f**k it hammered!

Banned

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

I understand that man, but come on lol, its funny!
I mean, nick on one of our cruises last year took on an old pos toyota or some s**t 4wd that looked like it was gonna fall apart, as his talking about over the UHF with his window down we him kick it in the guts and the 4wd starts to spool up, the things front wheels nearly lifted, pml - it would kill 90% of the cars on this site and i think its funny as, sleepers - gotta luv em! :wink:

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Same size engine less power and MORE weight !!
Now let me see...????

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

I think it really depends what sort of bronco it was, for example the XLT's had a 460!

They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes!

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

EF 4.9 wrote:
I think it really depends what sort of bronco it was, for example the XLT's had a 460!

We didn't get factory 460 "Broncos" (don't know about private imports), you could get any engine and transmission combo in the Bronco you liked, "as long as it was a 351C and C6 auto".

Most of the 460 Broncos you see around Aus are 351C factory imports with a engine conversion, later 5.0L Broncos were private imports as Ford stopped importing them from 84 I think.

We all remember this F350 Crew cab don't we? There wouldn't be to many street cars full stop that beat it.
F350 Crew Cab vs RX7 IV(?)

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Be carefull if it has a Lightning bagde on it too!!!!

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:50 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Damage wrote:
We didn't get factory 460 "Broncos" (don't know about private imports), you could get any engine and transmission combo in the Bronco you liked, "as long as it was a 351C and C6 auto".

Most of the 460 Broncos you see around Aus are 351C factory imports with a engine conversion, later 5.0L Broncos were private imports as Ford stopped importing them from 84 I think.

My mistake, thanks for the clarification, A bloke i one new had an XLT with a 460 in it but i guess it was an import.

Luke

They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes!

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 EL Falcon - Last of the EL's

NSW, Australia

those Bronco's Dont like to turn at anything above 50kph, it was actually the biggest (as in most likly to happen) roll over car that was produced in America, it stayed like that untill the 2002-3 model (Explorer), when they finally fixed the design that they had been puting off since it was made, all they had to do to fix the design was lower it by about 2 inches and widen the track by about 1 inch either side.

why are women like clouds? eventually they f**k off and its a really nice day.

telling the truth is just lack of imagination

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

GTFORDMAN wrote:
those Bronco's Dont like to turn at anything above 50kph, it was actually the biggest (as in most likly to happen) roll over car that was produced in America, it stayed like that untill the 2002-3 model (Explorer), when they finally fixed the design that they had been puting off since it was made, all they had to do to fix the design was lower it by about 2 inches and widen the track by about 1 inch either side.

That is a bit weird, Explorers have a "much" smaller track than F series, one of the reasons for poor popularity for F series, they don't fit on normal 4WD tracks, only in the last 10yrs have Jap 4WD vehicles started to get close to F series track width.

Also give you a hint, dumb a*** Americas love soft as s**t suspension but also love the height, doesn't mater what brand of vehicle you have, the higher you go the more likely it is to roll, the narrower the track the more likely it is to roll, check how many Hilux 4WDs have rolled, I know of heaps (they weren't being d**k heads either), add soft suspension and you have a disaster.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:45 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

sorry for hijacking the thread here, but speaking of keeping up / traffic light brawls, i was keeping up with and eventually beating an old grandad driving MG RV8. he gave the thumbs up after giving him 3 good traffic light examples at how lawnbowl cars can do alright....

kids, remember that racing is for the track...i'm an idiot which is why i was commiting such acts....

good job with the bronco... now try a crewman, those would have to be the biggest POS in the world...

TEAM FAT RACING

TEAM LWB

Copyright (c) 2006 Landbarge Racing. FAIRLANE and COBRA are registered trademarks owned and licenced by Ford Motor Company.

Post subject: WTF
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

NSW, Australia

NL_50_GHIA wrote:
sorry for hijacking the thread here, but speaking of keeping up / traffic light brawls, i was keeping up with and eventually beating an old grandad driving MG RV8. he gave the thumbs up after giving him 3 good traffic light examples at how lawnbowl cars can do alright....

kids, remember that racing is for the track...i'm an idiot which is why i was commiting such acts....

good job with the bronco... now try a crewman, those would have to be the biggest POS in the world...

s**t this topic got pulled out from the dust draw I remember posting it but to look at the date :lol:

MEMBER 1390

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]