EB V8 - Help needed 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: EB V8 - Help needed
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Blueprint EB II Fairmont 5L

WA, Australia

ok....im in the process of collecting some top end imrovements for my engine..now all the shops i speak to say that its not gonna run properly coz the ECU cant be set up to run with the mods...now they say EF/L ECU's are ok, but they have never had an EB that was running sweet..has any one got around this problem....
wat are my options...????

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

Generally the EB/ED EEC's cope slightly better with mods compared with the EF/EL ones. Unless you are going for a fairly aggressive cam then you won't have a problem with the stock EEC IMO, what mods are you doing? But if you want the absolute best performance or you are going for a very big cam, you will want a custom tune. With the EB/ED's you have the option of the Tweecer which IMO is the best option, otherwise you can look at a chiptorque or unichip.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

i was looking at edelbrock intake, alloy heads (not sure which ones yet) mild cam - 530 lift & 286 duration, 70mm t/b & bigger MAF.....was gonna build this top end now then do a 347 bottom end at the end of the year....how do u reckon the ECU will cope

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

It should be fine IMO, as long as the 50th duration not much more than 220-224deg (maybe a bit more for a 347ci). However, if you are going to the expense of the 347ci, you should really invest in a custom tune at some point, and as I said the tweecer would be an excellent option for you IMO.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

EDXR8 wrote:
It should be fine IMO, as long as the 50th duration not much more than 220-224deg (maybe a bit more for a 347ci). However, if you are going to the expense of the 347ci, you should really invest in a custom tune at some point, and as I said the tweecer would be an excellent option for you IMO.

yea the 50th duration is 216....ok..thats cool..as long as i know that i can get a tune for it, coz alot of shops are saying theres no option, except like a Haltech, and even then theres no garauntees...are u speaking from experience????

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

veeate wrote:
yea the 50th duration is 216....ok..thats cool..as long as i know that i can get a tune for it, coz alot of shops are saying theres no option, except like a Haltech, and even then theres no garauntees...are u speaking from experience????

Yeah they either haven't done many Ford V8 EECIV/V's so don't know, or are just trying to make some extra $$$$.

Personally I have run a number of engines with more aggressive cams on the stock EEC without any major issues (I do have a tweecer now but still haven't touched the idle yet), and know of many others who have done the same. With a tweecer you can run almost any combo, there are numerous people in the US running 10sec 1/4 mile cars with the EECIV and a tweecer or custom chip.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

you spoke to A1 Performance then? that what they told me..

if your cam is mild you'l be fine.. considering theres a bunch of EEC4(eb/ed) 347s gettin around i wouldnt worry too much..

current ride: worn out chuck taylors

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

-clampy- wrote:
you spoke to A1 Performance then? that what they told me..

if your cam is mild you'l be fine.. considering theres a bunch of EEC4(eb/ed) 347s gettin around i wouldnt worry too much..

spot on clampy..thats who i was talkin to....cool....so who does TWEeCeR in WA ???

Post subject: 5.0ltr
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:28 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ef xr8

NSW, Australia

Ive got a 5.0ltr with cam 50th duration figures of int 224,ex 232 lift int 542,ex 563 with stock EF ECU and chiptorque chip custom tune.Idles really good and 168rwkw with a dodgy stall.2800 stall being put in soon.

----------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE;EF 5.0 auto ecu with tweecer $600
----------------------------------------------------

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

veeate wrote:
spot on clampy..thats who i was talkin to....cool....so who does TWEeCeR in WA ???

You are in luck, the only tweecer tuners I know of are in WA. Talk to Pete at PIE (http://www.icenet.com.au/~pie/) or Batterns (http://www.norcom.net.au/~bpt/) for tweecer or any other ford info.

Post subject: Re: EB V8 - Help needed
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:47 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

veeate wrote:
ok....im in the process of collecting some top end imrovements for my engine..now all the shops i speak to say that its not gonna run properly coz the ECU cant be set up to run with the mods...now they say EF/L ECU's are ok, but they have never had an EB that was running sweet..has any one got around this problem....
wat are my options...????

I have a microtech in mine. It works sweet with big cam, heads done etc.

Plus I have it running with no air flow metre at all, thats gotta help.

Cost me a fair bit, just plug in and tune.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

wat did the microtech cost u...as pissing off the MAF will save me a few hundred $$$.....although i have sourced guys that can do the twEECer so i might stick with it....but wats the mocrotech worth anyways

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:49 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Microtech cost me $1500 brand new. I can use it on other fords later on so thats why i bought it. No MAF sensor required.

I have a pretty big cam so needed the computer done. Keeps it running well.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]