Fordmods Logo

EB V8 to EL Fairmont 6. Info required! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: EB V8 to EL Fairmont 6. Info required!
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hi all
I have been looking at a few similar posts but nothing has covered exactly what I am doing or looking at so I thought I will ask.
I am seriously looking at buying my bro's EB Falcon S V8 when it runs out of rego at the end of the month. I want the V8 but much prefer our EL Fairmont as a car , so I figured I would swap the driveline over.
I understand that I will need to fit the EB V8 wiring loom , ECU and TCU and get that up and happening. My question is but will the EL Fairmont BCM run as a stand alone module once I fit the new driveline or does it have to run with the EL ECU?
Or to make everything work will I need to track down an EL V8 wiring loom and ecu and try and make the EB TCM work there?
Also apart from the tacho being different onthe EL cluster will I be able to hook it up to the EB ECU so the speed sensitive power steering etc will work?
Any ideas ect will be great. I understand it wont be as easy to convert it as it used to be putting a 351 into an XD , but seeing as though the bro only wants $2500 for the whole EB running but with only a couple of weeks rego it might be worth the effort.
Matt

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

You're going to need EL V8 specific ECU and TCM if it's an auto. The V8 will go in and you can use the injector loom off the EB. Nothing else will work ie, you'll need EL everything or at least EF wiring and then change some the wiring for the thermo fans. Big job mate.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

So there is no way I can fit the EB ecu and TCM as their own unit to get it all to run and then have the Fairmont BCM running on its own?

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:02 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

The BEM isn't really the issue - the datalines from the EB & EF/EL ECU's are - read these:

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59564
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58218

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]