Fordmods Logo

ed v8 o2 sensor problems. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: ed v8 o2 sensor problems.
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford falcon

VIC, Australia

Recently purchased an ed v8, noticed in the first couple of trips with the car that it seemed to be just a little hunrgy on either gas or petrol

Did a test on the o2 sensors and neither are giving off a reading.

Always says that there rich, doesnt matter which one you test.

Put 2 new sensors in thinking that this may have been the problem, but hasnt changed.

Does anybody know exactly where I can find the fuseable link for the o2 sensors?

The books that I have (ellerys and gregorys) say that there located near the brake booster, dont seem to be able to find them

Any help would be great.

Post subject: Re: ed v8 o2 sensor problems.
Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

bgun50 wrote:
Recently purchased an ed v8, noticed in the first couple of trips with the car that it seemed to be just a little hunrgy on either gas or petrol

Did a test on the o2 sensors and neither are giving off a reading.

Always says that there rich, doesnt matter which one you test.

Put 2 new sensors in thinking that this may have been the problem, but hasnt changed.

Does anybody know exactly where I can find the fuseable link for the o2 sensors?

The books that I have (ellerys and gregorys) say that there located near the brake booster, dont seem to be able to find them

Any help would be great.

I thought it was either next to the battery or up under the coolant tank?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lots, all Fords

New Zealand

Trace the loom back and you will find an in-line heavy duty plug-in fuse. All the ones I've seen have a pink body 20mm x 10mm x 10mm with a clear plastic window on top.

XA Faimont 351C, AU2 XR8 Manual 5.0, DA LTD 5.0, Mk1 Capri 5.0, 1995 Mustang 5.0, EF2 XR8 Manual, EF2 Fairmont Ghia 5.0, AU3 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Auto, AU2 XR8 Manual Ute, TE Cortina 5.0 Manual, DU LTD 5.0 soon to be manual

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

xafalcon wrote:
Trace the loom back and you will find an in-line heavy duty plug-in fuse. All the ones I've seen have a pink body 20mm x 10mm x 10mm with a clear plastic window on top.

In my I6 EB it's on the wiring loom that runs up from the o2 sensor towards the relays under the coolant tank. I'll have a look under the hood of my Xr8 & see if i can find it in the same location.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

** EDIT ** - had a look under the hood of the Xr8, can't find it in the same position as on the I6. There is something that resembles a plug in fuse attached to the wiring on the firewall behind the passenger side cylinder head - could it be there?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:51 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

The HEGO's should get up to temp at some point during normal running without the heaters having power to them. When did you check them? Have you checked the HEGO ground?...Orange wire going to a bolt on the rear of the intake manifold.
btw which wire did you attach the meter to?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]