Fordmods Logo

EF Windsor on LPG 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: EF Windsor on LPG
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I Have a stock EF Ghia 5.0, a Redback 2.5 exhaust being the only mod so far. It runs on LPG, quite good too I might mention. It is for all intents and purposes a daily driver, doing around 700-900k's per week,90% freeway driving.

I have in mind a decent set of extractors maybe pacies, a set of race series underdrives, K&N panel, GT Snorkel.

The car has 160,000 on the clock- and must be kept in good order, be economical, but above all else must be reliable also be fun to drive.

Due to it being on LPG is it even, in all honestly worth putting in 40p heads, explorer mani's, throttle body and upgraded MAF?

Just dont wanna waste my time for a no brainer that looks good on paper, but is not practical.

what do you guys think, seriously?

cheer's ,

Mick :wink:

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

My wagon started out nearly the same as your EF. I'm running a cam, ported and polished(exhaust) E7s, explorer inlet, pacemakers and a redback exhaust and I run it all on LPG most of the time. I still get over 500km out of a tank of LPG with a mix of 70% highway/30%town driving. Economical but has grunt when I need it.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

what so you recommended I just leave the e7's?? How much for p/p of exhaust valves??? dunno what she'll get yet...very budget conscious!! I'll have 2 kids at school by next year*lol*

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

I ported both inlet and exhaust but polished the exhaust ports only. I had the pitted exhaust valves reground. Both heads had 0.030' licked off for more compression. I can say that along with the cam, pacemakers and explorer inlet, it has given the motor something to bark about. Goes like a 302 now, even on LPG!

If you can use spanners and have mechanical competence, there is much to save by doing this stuff yourself. I bought the cam from the states for $130 or so delivered, ROL Windsor full gasket set for $100 delivered, AU V8 manifold for $350 delivered, spare set of E7s for $100 delivered and pacies for $550. Everything except for the exhaust valves and milling of the heads was done at home.

The only issue I have now is that the DL computer doesn't like the cam as much as my older ED V8 computer.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]