EGR spacer on EFi Windsor 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: EGR spacer on EFi Windsor
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Blueprint EB II Fairmont 5L

WA, Australia

i dont understand why theres coolant flowing through the EGR spacer...wouldnt heating up the air as it goes in to the motor be robbing it of power..??

Post subject: Re: EGR spacer on EFi Windsor
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

veeate wrote:
i dont understand why theres coolant flowing through the EGR spacer...wouldnt heating up the air as it goes in to the motor be robbing it of power..??

YES strange the Cobra inlet doesn't have this..
I guess its for all invironments. It heats it but on the other hand stops it from getting too hot.. Keep in mind thats not the reason EGR is used.Its put through into combustion chamber to DROP chamber temps and help cat exhaus temps rising..I guess pre burnt gas can't burn again.. This way i prevents detonation, heat, by advancing spark up to 50* it helps engine pass epa due to long burn n part throttle etc .. The EGR only opens at clossed & part throttle so there's no performance gain by disconnecting it...Infact it can cause detonation by preventing it from working... By retarding timing to prevent detonation is very much going to bring performance down somewhat!!!!

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:42 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Actually EGR operates from medium cruise to heavy acceleration and cut's down on NOx gases. The coolant is there to Cool the intake down where the hot exhaust gases are flowing in.
You will notice poorer fuel economy if you disconnect EGR mainly because under warm cruise the unburnt fuel will not get recirculated and burnt up but also because if the EVP picks up no EGR valve movement it will not advance the timing in anticipation of a more difficult to burn, exhaust contaminated inlet charge and will also not reduce the fuel injection pulse for the less oxygenated air.

Pete.

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ba

VIC, Australia

my motor has no egr is that y im geting s**t fuel ecomomy but its not ment to its an AU motor. dose the egr have any thing to do with thge computer cose im still runing the EB 1

Cheers Duff

Ba Stock As A Rock

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]