Fordmods Logo

EL GT Modifications 

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: F350

QLD, Australia

Interceptor, if you are north of the sunshine coast, the car you may be talking about also has a 351 in it......one very tough ELGT indeed.....

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:21 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: SVT Cobra S/C 4.6 4V - 440bhp

VIC, Australia

So then that begs the question. Would the 351 Windsor with its extra deck height, & with ELGT intake setup fit under the hood?

1997 EL GT - (1/240 AU Production Models)
2000 SVT Cobra R - LHD (1/300)
2003 SVT Cobra [10th Anniversary] - LHD (1/242) 330rwkW
2014 Shelby GT500 - LHD 495rwkW______________

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:27 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Daniel wrote:
Having same engine Id also be looking towards supercharging it if it were legal for my age, i do understand what you mean by keeping the drivablilty of it and this is why i say nothing else but a supercharger as honestly they go well and sound good stock with the kicker of being very smooth and drivable imho!

So does the TVE Fairlane also use the same GT computer (with adaptive shift), have the same BBQ plate, intake, TB, MAF, Roller Rockers, exhaust, Brakes, etc. I would be interested to know when sourcing parts. Or what are the differences as I don't know much about the TVE Fairlanes.

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

QLD, Australia

Yeah theres an EL GT that went to a cruise with the newcastle fpv club, that was supercharged also had a nice sticker "shhhhh i'm hunting lions." i laughed, and then he started it up, and my eyes widened, i heard the suprcharger as soon as he kicked it over, F**k it was loud, and he gave it a boot full and it friggin flew.
i have about 2 or more pics of it if you are interested. of his setup, and a few of the car itself (i think, i'll have a look)

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

QLD, Australia

As promised. Ok its only a crappy shot of the engine bay, and i lost the other shots of it. :cry:

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: eb falcon s series 2

NSW, Australia

f**k that ugly a** radiator res just ruins the engine bay.

why is it bubbly??? it looks hideous and they left it in falcons for sooo long too

‮‮

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:37 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Hey TwinturboBMX with the goods,

If you ever find the pics, please show me. Have you got any of a spark plug change...!!!!

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Just to let you know, but the FMS kit is designed for the blower to be mounted on the drivers side of the car. If you were cluey, then you could swap the top of your intake manifold so the TB is on the other side, relocate the battery and coolant tank to the passenger side then run the FMS kit. The CAPA option may not be as expensive as you think. As the d**k around with swapping the inlet to the other side could become time consuming and labour intensive. The reason i know this is that i explored this idea earlier this year and put it in the too hard basket early on
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

legt wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Having same engine Id also be looking towards supercharging it if it were legal for my age, i do understand what you mean by keeping the drivablilty of it and this is why i say nothing else but a supercharger as honestly they go well and sound good stock with the kicker of being very smooth and drivable imho!

So does the TVE Fairlane also use the same GT computer (with adaptive shift), have the same BBQ plate, intake, TB, MAF, Roller Rockers, exhaust, Brakes, etc. I would be interested to know when sourcing parts. Or what are the differences as I don't know much about the TVE Fairlanes.

Same everything except slighty different exhaust, sounds omre throaty n obviously is a little longer due to body length.

Read up a little here: http://www.fpv.com.au/index.asp?link_id=4.129

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

legt wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Yos, the Fairlane by Tickford engine is basically the same engine, said for the Explorer upper as per all AU Falcons. It is just a cast alloy version of the GT manifold anyway.
It has the rollers, MAF, T/B and 24lb injectors that the GT had too, but good luck using them to source parts, they are so much rarer than the GT. There was only 106 of them made, with only reputedly 94 left in existance.
That would have to make it one of the rarest, and least produced Australian Fords of all time.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

And yes, the 351 does fit in the bay, I am doing the job now, although bonnet clearance could be an issue, seeing that it was one thing I was not concerned with in my XR, I was planning on using a 93 Cobra R bonnet bulge, or alternatively a BA bulge, if clearance was an issue, but seeing the GT uses a different bonnet to the XR, with a raised section in the middle, so I wouldnt mind betting that it will fit.
Pretty much all you need is a 351 GT40 lower, and patience, some tools and an engine crane.....
And think of the stroking capabilities of the 351, same $$$ as a 302, but with 80 more cubes available......and think of the torque.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

And Daniel, the exhausts are identical, and if you look under your car, if it still has the original exhaust, you will see 2 about 6" sections between the cats and exhaust, with flanges on each side. Ford just made up some lengthening pipes so the GT exhaust would fit....

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Sorry for another post, yes the FBT does use the same engine computer, abielt the auto version with the adaptive shift. It is, in every way, a long wheel base GT, with the same suspension, brakes, everything.
I believe that right up untill the 11th hour it was going to be called the Fairlane GT, but the beancounters canned it due to thinking the demographic buying the car may not, with the Hoon status associated with the GT nameplate.
Pity they didnt, seeing the history of the Fairlane GT nameplate, this car would have been worthy.
It has nothing to do with me owning one....lol

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Single turbo! :mrgreen:

I wonder if CAPA has a kit for the Windsor.. I know they do for the LS1.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Are you calling me a hoon!!
How remarkably similar the FBT & ELGT specifications are! So out of curiosity did the FBT get the TVE branded Carbon Fiber Barbeque Plate & the Ceramic Coated S/S Extractors? What are the differences, there must be some not so obvious differences. Please indulge me as you guys seems to know more on this topic & I'm just another ignorant GT owner looking for education.

This sort of takes me back & reminds me of the Phase4 situation of some 30 years ago where all the Phase 4 go fast parts (oil sump, solid cam, 780 Holley, extractors, etc.) found themselves in some XA RPO's like mine for one and multitude of ZF Fairlanes. Obviously this was far less organised in 1972/3 & definitely not advertised due to the huge media scare campaign surrounding & causing the demise & subsequently Ford having to pull the plug on the Phase4 operation due to the government influences of the time. God damn the subjective perspectives of the media.

PS> Hey Daniel, you might be interested to know that our Front Disc Brake calipers are a PBR revision of the Corvette C4 barakes & the C4 pads fit straight in, so go & get yourself a set of ceramic compound pads & save time cleaning those wheels of brake dust, as the ceramic compound yields less dust & perform better under heat & duress. I've got a set clamping the same DBA slotted rotors by the look of your gallery pic's.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next