Fordmods Logo

EL GT Modifications 

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Yes the fbt has same style extractors, how ever i was under the impression the exhuasts were slightly different, ive read this somewhere explaining thr 5kw difference in the cars.. might be wrong, never seen under a gt, heard a stock one tho, sounded different howeven that might be the length playing there.

FBT doesnt have the GT bbq plate, has the normal one, realt shame but i will live haha.

These ceramic pads you speak of, how do they perfom in comparison to EBC greenstuff pads; any idea on prices or availability? :)

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:43 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: SVT Cobra S/C 4.6 4V - 440bhp

VIC, Australia

Darby's Brake & Clutch in Preston stock them but call them first & ask for the Corvette C4 ceramic compound pads.
AU$180- a set.

Compared to the greenstuff I couldn't comment, but certainly out perform the Ford part #'s under continuous hard braking. No fade, less dust, work much better under heat/duress.

1997 EL GT - (1/240 AU Production Models)
2000 SVT Cobra R - LHD (1/300)
2003 SVT Cobra [10th Anniversary] - LHD (1/242) 330rwkW
2014 Shelby GT500 - LHD 495rwkW______________

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
Just to let you know, but the FMS kit is designed for the blower to be mounted on the drivers side of the car. If you were cluey, then you could swap the top of your intake manifold so the TB is on the other side, relocate the battery and coolant tank to the passenger side then run the FMS kit. The CAPA option may not be as expensive as you think. As the d**k around with swapping the inlet to the other side could become time consuming and labour intensive. The reason i know this is that i explored this idea earlier this year and put it in the too hard basket early on
Brett

Hey there TerroristGhia,

I appreciate your feedback & I no longer have the appettite to reinvent the wheel, but if I purchased just the FMS blower unit & then the brackets etc. over here would that work?
I'm a stickler for original (Ford Branded) equipment.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NL FBT #079

VIC, Australia

The exhaust for the GT and FBT are slightly different, only in the tail pipe though. The difference seems to be that there is an extra resonator in the FBT. And the FBT has a different unique part # for the tail pipe - NLTVE 5K214A. The price is also much worse - $1312.00 retail.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

LEGT, i also think you're chasing down the right track looking into forced induction. Some might say i have a biased opinion as im a fellow addict of the air pump....

I think they key is in keeping the car near-stock should you (god forbid) ever choose to part ways with the GT.... blower definately the way.

Regarding the sourcing of parts, if you're willing to put the time in, it should be fairly easy to figure out which option will be cheaper....

The easy option is to go straight to CAPA. $8k for a vortech kit, with a few hundred $$$ for 'just in case' type stuff. $6k for a powerdyne setup (like mine) but i'd only be recommending this if you dont want to tap oil lines for the vortech...

OR... source the bits from CAPA that you REALLY need... basically the bracket and the pulleys. It's in their price list on www.capa.com but i recall the bracket being worth about $800 and the pulleys being around $600. Souce the belts locally from a good supplier (CBC are great for these)... should also be able to source intake plumbing locally, then see what you can source from the US... the blower, injectors, oil feed system if needed... MAF...

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Oettinger Golf GTI

NSW, Australia

Got these pix from ff ages ago from some bloke who did a supercharge for his el gt.. and some othre random pix which might give u an idea/help too on looks /setup if u cant visualize it.

Image (turbo?)

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:02 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Love ya work folks this stuff is awesome. Everybody here gives me a warm fuzzy sensation.
;-)

Can I ask which blower the 2 cars are using respectively?

Really appreciate this stuff.

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:41 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Couple of things folks;
Don't buy a powerdyne blower of the belt driven type...they're rubbish! Get the gear driven one(BD-11 I think)...they're good.
Don't blow through the MAF like that dodgy capa kit does....the blower will cause turbulence that will throw the MAF a curve ball.
If you want a centrifugal blower that is relatively quiet,compact and still a good unit, get a Vortech SQ S-trim. It has helical gears. Otherwise the Paxton Novi range which all have helical gears.
Another very good option is the Kenne bell 2200 autorotor screw type blower kit. Use the '94-'95 Mustang Cobra kit for an EL GT. The only problem is the t-body faces the drivers side but you could modify or fabricate you own t-body plenum to keep it on the same side.
Can you let me know the catch code of your EEC legt?(look at the label on the EEC connector or the EEC) It may transferable to the EL XR8/TwEECer testing I'm doing at the moment.
Oh btw the Z304 heads are very good and would be perfect for a stout blown 5.0 application. Geez I am slipping...yes fitting a 351 is also a good idea 8-) and with that bonnet bulge you may be able to fit it under(although I'd grab another bonnet so you don't chop up the original).
If you wanted to stay with GT40 intake you would have to find a 351 GT40 lower(ala' '95 Cobra R, '93-'95 Lightning) which unfortunately are no longer offered by Ford racing. Otherwise there are choices from both Edelbrock and Trickflow.
If the car were mine(and I had plenty of money) I'd use a 351 with a Scat 392 stroker kit, Z304 or AFR205 or Pro-Topline 200cc heads)Kenne Bell 2200(or adapt a Lysolm Whipple charger 2300ax)or for a centrifugal; a Paxton Novi-2000 or Vortech T-trim. Tremec TKO-II with .87od. use the borgwarner axle tubes and brakes etc in an XC 9" centre section.

Cheers,
Pete.

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

legt wrote:
Love ya work folks this stuff is awesome. Everybody here gives me a warm fuzzy sensation.
;-)

Can I ask which blower the 2 cars are using respectively?

Really appreciate this stuff.

The top pic appears to be a vortech... the red one looks like a powerdyne... altho the bracket seems to be a weird one... have a look at engine pics in my gallery for the CAPA setup....

I'm running the internal belt-driven powerdyne (BD-11a, gear driven is the XB series) with the blow through MAF (CAPA setup)... basically the exact setup Pete has recommended against, lol. Altho fair to say my standards are much lower than pete's.. hehe.

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:35 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Ah well EF4.9,

You can only do what you can afford right? So for me that means waiting longer before things happen :(
It's pretty easy to move the MAF ahead of the blower and at least you have the later version powerdyne which has less problems. If it ever s**t itself you can always replace with a Vortech or the XB series if the bracket fits.

Pete.

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
Ah well EF4.9,

You can only do what you can afford right?

My sentiments exactly. That, and i figure for the first engine i've ever played around with i thought i'd start off in the shallow end. Yeah the later powerdynes seem fine for an automatic trans/std HO that never sees the light of day beyond 5500rpm. And the XB series of blowers will fit straight in....

We'll get serious when tweecer supports these ungodly EEC's!!!

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3