Fordmods Logo

EL with 347 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EL with 347
Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:08 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford EF Gli

WA, Australia

Hey guys does anyone know anything about putting a 347 in a EL fairmont ghia just looking at rough price maybe and getting engine and box mounts

Sex is grand, sex is golden, you will never get ladys driving a Holden. Driving with yourself you'll soon become bored be a real man get yourself a Ford

Post subject: Re: EL with 347
Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

WA, Australia

Budget about $15000 for the engine and its associated bits (Plus tuning) and you will have yourself something pretty good. You can do it cheapr ofcourse. BPT do good stroker rebuilds, I have one of thier Stage 2 Kits in my XR8. First you need to figure out exactly what you want from the end product in terms of power and drivability. Then the guys here can help you more.

questions to ask yourself: do you want to rebuld your current V8 or start with a new block? A new block can open the door for more HP at the end of the day, but cost goes up. Also need to consider what kind of engine control you want. Aftermarket or chipped ECU. Aftermarket ECU can be better, but more expensive.

347 XR8 Build Thread

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Sorry Steve, I'd have to disagree with you regarding the aftermarket computer on the V8s. A few people I know with aftermarket computers on their Windsors are far from happy. It's just a matter of finding someone who is competent at tuning the EEC with a twEECer/Quarterhorse/Switch Chip/etc. In either case, a lot of time is required to get the tune right, but some people aren't willing to pay for that much time and some workshops aren't willing to put that much time in.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

WA, Australia

You are correct it's just down to finding a competent tuner. You could say that for either factory or aftermarket. It's easiest to use the factory EEC as it's been done a million times and it's already in situ. I've heard good stories and bad stories about aftermarket. And good and bad about factory EEC being chipped. Im happy with my chipped factory EEC.

347 XR8 Build Thread

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 98 au1 xr8

WA, Australia

bpt did my stroker in my au we tuned it with "sniper" loving every second of it.....
but i would put my left nut on it that if you asked them about after market ecu's they would more than like say "DON'T WASTE YA TIME WITH THAT s**t, we can tune ya ecu and be more reliable"
mate proof is in the puddin i got 480hp runing in on stock ecu with a sniper tune

au1 xr8 347ci votech v2 536.5rwhp

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]