Fordmods Logo

EL XR8 Roller Lifters 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: EL XR8 Roller Lifters
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:55 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 41

Joined: 8th Jun 2005

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Hi,

One of my friends, an avid ebayer, bought me a cam X303 or something, hydraulic roller, and it came with 16 roller lifters. Is there supposed to be a tie-bar with these lifters ?? How do you stop them from rotating in the bores ???

Thanks for any information.

Damian
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 596

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

if they are the same as the stock ones, they use a removable bar like an open end spanner on top of them, BUT if they are after market or upgrades from the factory type they SHOULD have some type of anti rotating device ,otherwise they will dig into the cam as you have already sort of pointed out. dont use them without, E303 cam is a bit over rated too, as it loses too much bottom end power for a daily driver.

 

_________________

Image
IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1440

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Yes, just use the link bars (or what ever they are called) that are already on the engine.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1440

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

kenny wrote:
E303 cam is a bit over rated too, as it loses too much bottom end power for a daily driver.


He said X303, not E303. There are plenty of US guys getting good results with the X303 cams however I am not too sure it will work well unless you have decent flowing aftermarket heads.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 830

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

Location: yarrawonga
VIC, Australia

how much did you pic them up for??
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 596

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

this is one of the reasons why a lot of people stop visiting fordmods, because no matter what GOOD advice you have for someone, there is someone who has to try & make a d***head out of you, WHY?
I have met a lot of people who have been turned off what generaly is a good site for ford fan/owners to have a yarn ,by know it all's with nothing better to do

 

_________________

Image
IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 41

Joined: 8th Jun 2005

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Got the Cam and lifters (from the us) $350 inc freight.

And got a set of Victor Jnr Heads sitting here.. Just waiting for a stroker kit, and then maybe one of those BBK manifolds..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1440

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

kenny wrote:
this is one of the reasons why a lot of people stop visiting fordmods, because no matter what GOOD advice you have for someone, there is someone who has to try & make a d***head out of you, WHY?


I assume you are talking about my comment. Was purely pointing out that he said X303, it was no suppose to make a d***head out of you, I dont know why you feel that. I fully agree with your point regarding the E303, and its a very similar issue if not a bigger problem with the X303 cam too.

kenny wrote:
know it all's with nothing better to do


Whatever you recon, really only offering advise not being a know it all. Honestly who needs the crap for just helping out, can't really be bothered with these forums if it just leads to insults.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:59 pm 
Site Admin
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 8831

Joined: 18th Dec 2002

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Cool it guys.. don't take things the wrong way. The more people who give their 2c means the more that can be learned by the readers. Theres not always one right or wrong answer.

Both of you guys (EDXR8 and Kenny) are very knowlegable with the Windsors, both a great asset to Fordmods. I personally have learned lots in my recent conversion to the mighty 302 from the 4L :)

 

_________________

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 596

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

Waggin wrote:
Cool it guys.. don't take things the wrong way. The more people who give their 2c means the more that can be learned by the readers. Theres not always one right or wrong answer.

Both of you guys (EDXR8 and Kenny) are very knowlegable with the Windsors, both a great asset to Fordmods. I personally have learned lots in my recent conversion to the mighty 302 from the 4L :)

hey all, I apolagise for my outburst, but I felt it needed to be said at the time, as I have spoken to a lot of people who will not go to this forum because of that reason, and I did not mean "know it all" singly aimed at EDXR8, but in general terms, any how
We're all on the same side.
kenny

 

_________________

Image
IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1440

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

kenny wrote:
but I felt it needed to be said at the time, as I have spoken to a lot of people who will not go to this forum because of that reason


I still don't understand why what I said was suppose to be attacking you. If you disagree with the wording maybe talk to the person directly instead of just insulting them.

kenny wrote:
and I did not mean "know it all" singly aimed at EDXR8, but in general terms


Well thats nice to know that it isn't directly aimed at me, but clearly you think I am a member of this 'know it all group'. The good part of these forums compared with some of the other ford forums around is that it generally has more tech minded people who actually know a bit, and I cannot see why this would scare off anyone. As I said I cannot be bothered spending the time giving advice and then be criticised for it.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:34 pm 
Site Admin
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 8831

Joined: 18th Dec 2002

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Thats the spirit!! There certainly are some on the forums who rant on like they know it all, its a shame.. but we get to know who they are. Luckily we're quite sheltered in the V8 forum.. we have lots of people who really do know their stuff.

Cheers :D

 

_________________

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:22 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 311

Joined: 10th May 2005

Ride: ebxr8

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

whats wrong wit the e 303 cam??

 

_________________

347, crane cam, Pro topline 180 heads, Edelbrock victor efi intake, 80mm C&L maf, 75mm tb, 30lb injectors and 1/4 horse

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 596

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA mkII XR8

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

greg302 wrote:
whats wrong wit the e 303 cam??

NO COMMENT!

 

_________________

Image
IF YOU HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL
YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH POWER!!!
Detroit 8V71 for sale, taking offers

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 46

Posts: 3763

Joined: 25th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

Location: Sydney Australia
NSW, Australia

You guys both have a good knowledge of the 302. I am very impressed with the results of both vehicles from Kenny and EDXR8. On a side note, does anyone know if the Edelbrock Victor Junoir EFI lower will bolt up to the RPMII upper. Reason i ask is this is the injection system i will be running on the new motor
Brett

 

_________________

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:31 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names