Fordmods Logo

Engine Help for my Blown AU XR8 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Engine Help for my Blown AU XR8
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:08 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU XR8 220

WA, Australia

Im in the final stages of completing my supercharger project for my AU XR8 220 and want to make sure that the top and bottom end will be upto the task of holding about 14psi of boost before it hits the dyno.
The car is currently running standard 9.4:1 compression. Is this okay at 14pounds?
Are the gt40p heads able to cope with this much pressure or should i be looking at an upgrade to alloys? I will be installing a cam (crane 2031) and valve springs if i keep the gt40ps.
Will the bootom end be okay or should i look at getting it freshened up with bearings, arp bolts and get a change of pistons to lower compression?
Im hoping for 400-425rwhp. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

How has it been tuned? is it just chipped? flashed?

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Its got 42lb injectors with dual fuel pumps which will get custom tuned on the dyno with the Ford Flash Tuner 2 at BPT Motorsport in Perth.

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

Chris: Do you ever plan on getting in touch with anybody over on Perth Falcons about the money you still owe from Powercruise? Surely with all the money being spent on this build, you can pay back the amount the club put up for you?

I have tried calling/smsing/PMing (both here & PF) many times and you seem to refuse to acknowledge any form of contact.

Cheers
Damon

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

BlacklistedXR wrote:
Its got 42lb injectors with dual fuel pumps which will get custom tuned on the dyno with the Ford Flash Tuner 2 at BPT Motorsport in Perth.
All should be fine if its getting dyno tuned then, most ive seen people throwing blowers is 8-12psi so 14 shouldnt be that bad,
Ive seen somwhere that stock windsor blocks dont really like 2 be pushed passed 400rwhp? not sure on that one

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Molloy wrote:
BlacklistedXR wrote:
All should be fine if its getting dyno tuned then, most ive seen people throwing blowers is 8-12psi so 14 shouldnt be that bad,
Ive seen somwhere that stock windsor blocks dont really like 2 be pushed passed 400rwhp? not sure on that one

Cheers. I wont be pushing much past 400rwhp and the tune will be very safe so the block should hold fine.

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

More importantly, how mant kms has the bottom end got. That will tell us more than anything else. Sure stock blocks can take some power before they crack, but usually they're still talking basic bottom end rebuilds..

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

150,000kms on the clock. Runs really good. Im not afraid to give the bottom end a freshen up if it means it will be alot more reliable under that sort of power then if i didnt do it.

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Kilma wrote:
Chris: Do you ever plan on getting in touch with anybody over on Perth Falcons about the money you still owe from Powercruise? Surely with all the money being spent on this build, you can pay back the amount the club put up for you?

I have tried calling/smsing/PMing (both here & PF) many times and you seem to refuse to acknowledge any form of contact.

Cheers
Damon

I see you are good at ignoring posts as well. An acknowledgement of some sort would be nice, or maybe some reasoning? It appears it's falling on deaf ears though.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Karma Kilma... Karma

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:13 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

[quote="KilmaI see you are good at ignoring posts as well. An acknowledgement of some sort would be nice, or maybe some reasoning? It appears it's falling on deaf ears though.[/quote]

not really the way to go about it dont you think?
takes the topic off topic doesnt it

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

WA, Australia

^^Name and shame is quite acceptable for people who abuse good will as far as I am concerned. Especially after recent events in the club over here.

347 XR8 Build Thread

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Trikee wrote:
not really the way to go about it dont you think?
takes the topic off topic doesnt it

As mentioned before, this isn't the first option. I have been trying to get a response from Chris since October for the money he owes the club without success. He is ignoring PMs, phone calls, SMS's, and doesn't post on the PF forum any more (I assume because he knows he is in the wrong).

When I see he is posting here on FM, I sent him a PM and still got ignored, so thought I would make a public post on a forum I know he is visiting and see the response.

As Steve said, after abuse of good will, I don't really care about his threads going off topic (and would expect the same of me if I was to do the same). For anyone else, I wouldn't be dragging it so far off topic (nor would I have any reason to if they didn't owe money).

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]