Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: exhaust advice
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:12 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Fairy

WA, Australia

hey all,
i need some advice on where to go with a new exhaust system for my EB fairmont 5L. want to get it done this week as it is a little asmatic.
i was thinking about running a duel 2.5inch cat system into a single 3inch dump pipe so i dont have to change the rear bar, but i really don't have a clue what works and what doesn't. any help would be great.
cheers

SSV bodykit, 18" BA XR rims, full ghia options,k&n filter.
stock as a rock....... for now.

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

I think you'll be struggling to get it done this week mate.

First of all, are you planning future work to the engine?, Do you just want something cheap and loud?, Are you aiming for performance as well without losing bottom end torque?

If you want cheap and loud just get a press bent 3" single system, about $280-300. This will sacrifice bottom end torque. It is large enough to allow for some future minor engine mods.
If you want cheap, and maintain bottom end torque and still be quite loud just go for a press bent single 2.5", bout the same price as above. I would reccomend this if keeping engine stock.
If your not worried about cost, want to maintain bottom end torque and still make good power up top, want a nice exhaust note and still be loud, i'd go for the twin 2 1/4" system. An x-pipe will quieten this down if its too loud. Depending on what exactly you go for could be as cheap as $450 and as expensive as $1500.
As far as noise goes i think it all comes down to muffler choice/positioning etc. Different mufflers will give a different note and resonators can be used to take out drone and quieten systems.
Also press bent systems will always be almost half the price of mandrel bent. I would only go for mandrel bent if your after maximum flow and performance and IMO looks alot neater.
As far as where to get it done i would reccomend Prestige Exhausts in Malaga, he done the all the work on my ute. Thats if your NOR or dont mind the drive up from south.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:12 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Fairy

WA, Australia

cheers for that xh,
that actually helps out alot.
cost is not a really big issue, and i need something that will work with a few things for the near future. i'll give malaga a buzz and see what they can recommend, and its not to far from me.

SSV bodykit, 18" BA XR rims, full ghia options,k&n filter.
stock as a rock....... for now.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]