Fordmods Logo

f**k lemon... 

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: f**k lemon...
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

that ticking noise will be from the purge valve solenoid for the charcoal cannister. it hits on the body which makes it sounds louder. as suggested wrap it in some foam and that'll stop.

as for the engine tick, check your spark plugs are tight. happened to my bro's 5L. sounded like an exhaust leak tick, his plugs were hand tight, tightened them up. noise gone

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 09 FG XR6

VIC, Australia

lol ok i may have been a bit drastic in the title... its just a heap of little things that add to one big thing...

i found the arking sound, inside the front passanger wheel arch behind the gaurd in the bumper theres a little box that looks sorta like a flasher unit which has 2 wires conected to the bottom and one to the top, you put ur finger on it and when the ark sound happenes you can feel it pulse... dunno what it is but its getting replaced...

as for the ticking it sounds like it comes from around where the pedels are... the cat or headers section... cant pinpoint it tho... im pretty sure its a gasket but im definatly gettin some more opinions... needs new plugs so might give that a go aswell...

oh and nah, not independant in morwell, vast automotive in traralgon... gana get opinions from AYRES automotive and ANR care care in traralgon... Oh and thanks for the suggestions guys... they are extreamly helpfull, much appreciated...

NOTHING BEATS THE SOUND OF A GRUNTY V8!!!

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

dude, that box is the charcoal canister! They all f**k do it! Mine does it, as Mont 5.0 said, it's known as the Tickford Tick! No point wasting your money replacing it, the new one will do the same thing!

Look and see if any gaskets are broken around the heads and cat area for the exhaust noises. If not, check pipes for cracked welds.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:57 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: XHII XR8 Ute - Supercharged

WA, Australia

For $30 its worth just changing the exhaust manifold gaskets!

Don't waste your money paying someone. Just go to repco, buy some new gaskets and put em on.

Mine have blown like 3 times since I've owned a Windsor (yes, I flog it too) - it happens.

The funny thing is you'll think it's everything else (i.e. lifters/cracked headers etc) but more than likely it's the gasket. Just change it!

Old - XF with XH XR8 Driveline... http://www.fordmods.com/ford-v8-f2/my-xr8-power-xf-falcon-t20529.html
Current - XHII XR8 ute - Kenne Bell Supercharged - Build in progress

SUPERCHARGED XHII XR8 UTE - BUILD THREAD >http://www.fordmods.com/post1195532.html#p1195532

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

blown gaskets is also what we thought to with my bro's windsor. turned out to be a few loose plugs. tightened. noise gone

Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Post subject: Re: Its not a f**kin lemon, I dont look after it.
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory SX TX

QLD, Australia

Im part Scottish so Id be inclined to check the plugs are tight before anything else, but Id bet the ticking noise near the footwell is either a cracked manifold, buggered manifold or Cat collector gasket or a split in the secondary pipe. Where do the O2 sensors screw in on those puppies? Id be checking the join on those as well. One last thing, manifold face could be warped like a banana too.

Look at the top of my post, I fixed your thread title.

Post subject: Re: fine it not a lemon, quite b**ch that i called it a lemon.
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:06 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I'm going to check the whole exhaust tonight n tighten the plugs, hopefully one of the gaskets is f**k so I can get them from work, I work at repco so everything is cheap as chips when I buy it... oh and dazza, I bought the car 3 weeks ago smartass... the ticking noise was there when I bought it, just thort it was something simple... hopefully it actually is...

Post subject: Re: Exhorst leaks are gay.
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Hehe, i think you'll find its something piss easy. Get it on a hoist and when its all cold, start the motor and feel around the pipes for exhaust leaks. By the way you have described it id say its more likely to be up close to the head and not down near the cat. Get a friend to do the other side just in case and try to work fast as it will get hot pretty quick. For the areas you cant get to use a metre long piece of 3/8 fuel hose or somethen and listen for the leak by slowly moving the end of the hose past all the joints etc.

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:29 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Thanks dazza, that's actualy very helpfull, don't have a hoist tho... so on the garage floor it is tonight... should be fun...

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

You need to get it up off the ground a bit otherwise you wont be able to get all the way around the zorst. Your gunna need some stands. Bricks and bits of wood dont like having s**t piled up on top of them much. Hate the next thread to be 'so I was under my v8 falcon and the bricks went sideways, thats when my para-olympics career started'

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dazza027 wrote:
You need to get it up off the ground a bit otherwise you wont be able to get all the way around the zorst. Your gunna need some stands. Bricks and bits of wood dont like having s**t piled up on top of them much. Hate the next thread to be 'so I was under my v8 falcon and the bricks went sideways, thats when my para-olympics career started'

f**k LOL

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:39 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Lol na workin at repco iv bought a decent set of stands and trolly jack so I'm not gana end up being crushed, but thankyou for the concern and theat haleriouse outcome if I pile it on bricks...

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Does repco have country wide pricing? If so, whats an engine crane worth?

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Mechpro 1,000kg engine crane is $450... and yea prices are australia wide...

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Do you guys have some kind of member awards program like autopro does? I get 10% off just for walking through the door there.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next