Fordmods Logo

FG GT mods 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: FG GT mods
Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:49 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 95 EF XR8 & a 09 FG GT

WA, Australia

Hello all, I have just bought an FG GT and I just wondering where is the best place to go for engine work in Perth, should I go with APC or BPT or else where?, I am basicaly after best products for that type of car and or best prices..

thank you, Aaron

Post subject: Re: FG GT mods
Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 327 rwkw

WA, Australia

I can only reccomend BPT for any work, they've done all the work and serviving on my ride. no complaints at all. great tuners too. 430hp doesnt lie =)
They are doing their own supercharger development for the V8's too. Worth havin a chat with Terry at least.

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

WA, Australia

ive only heard bad things about bpt man, have f**k a couple of people around that i know, work not getting done, wrong parts installed etc. i rang a bloke up about buying his xr8 ute the other day and he is the second person ive heard bad things about them from. also ive heard their dyno reads about 40rwkw higher.
ive never heard a good word about APC either

could just be bad luck though.

but ive only ever heard praise for simon at xtreem ford tuning, theres where ill be taking my car.
i doubt you'll here a bad word about him from any members either.

have a ring round mate

BA Fairmont Ghia
Optioned.
V8.
Superlows.
18's

Alot to come

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:13 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

oh ok I will do, but funny you should say that mate, I took me EF XR8 to a mobile air con guy and met him at BPT, and after it was done, well it wasn't because my compressor was fu*ked, the woman at BPT said "Have you paid the boys for the power" and I said "what on earth do you mean, what power??" she said "well you used the power point for that aircon regas machine" I said "Ok well how much do you expect me to pay, how do you have any idea what to charge me, $10, $20, $50....how much" she said "well speak to barry or terry and they'l sort it out" I said, "I'm not paying a cent, how rude is that, since when would you charge for power!, youv'e got no way of telling how much power was used, I was not even 5 mins, and I am an electrician and considering power is only 13.97 per Kilowatt Hour! the amount ive used would be that small it would be less than 0.0000000001 of a cent! so Im not pay you nothing!!.

She gave me a "look" and I just left....trying to charge for power!! just as bad as the rip off at Nanutarra roadhouse!!!

As for APC they seem "half-assed" when it comes to Fords, I had my XR8 there and they put cheap s**t on it, did not even mandrel bend exhaust after my request, but was charged for it though and took me 7 times there and back to change an "oil pressure sender", 200Kms each round trip I add, and was charged $120 for the sender and $90 to fit it!! to just screw it onto the front of the block! would take five minutes or $7 labour to be exact, not $90!! rip off!!, well dare I say it...if you have a Holden your sweet, my brothers take their VE R8's there and get perfect work every time, where as me I don't want to chance my FG GT to them ay, not sure where to go now...

thanks, Aaron.

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

shouldn't ya FG GT be fine with-out doing mods? Maybe i would chuck a different exhaust and a bigger induction setup.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Simon at XFT, He has a 616rwkw FG F6 (6 Manual), a 500rwkw blown FG XR8 Ute (6 Auto) and has tuned a 528rwkw Blown 4.6L AU TS50.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:49 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

EFford wrote:
oh ok I will do, but funny you should say that mate, I took me EF XR8 to a mobile air con guy and met him at BPT, and after it was done, well it wasn't because my compressor was fu*ked, the woman at BPT said "Have you paid the boys for the power" and I said "what on earth do you mean, what power??" she said "well you used the power point for that aircon regas machine" I said "Ok well how much do you expect me to pay, how do you have any idea what to charge me, $10, $20, $50....how much" she said "well speak to barry or terry and they'l sort it out" I said, "I'm not paying a cent, how rude is that, since when would you charge for power!, youv'e got no way of telling how much power was used, I was not even 5 mins, and I am an electrician and considering power is only 13.97 per Kilowatt Hour! the amount ive used would be that small it would be less than 0.0000000001 of a cent! so Im not pay you nothing!!.

She gave me a "look" and I just left....trying to charge for power!! just as bad as the rip off at Nanutarra roadhouse!!!

As for APC they seem "half-assed" when it comes to Fords, I had my XR8 there and they put cheap s**t on it, did not even mandrel bend exhaust after my request, but was charged for it though and took me 7 times there and back to change an "oil pressure sender", 200Kms each round trip I add, and was charged $120 for the sender and $90 to fit it!! to just screw it onto the front of the block! would take five minutes or $7 labour to be exact, not $90!! rip off!!, well dare I say it...if you have a Holden your sweet, my brothers take their VE R8's there and get perfect work every time, where as me I don't want to chance my FG GT to them ay, not sure where to go now...

thanks, Aaron.

If it was me I would have offered to pay for using the power and certainly would have asked first! The A/C guy is not employed by BPT!
You got off lightly I reckon! I would have told you and your freeloading A/C mate to f**k off!
As for xtreme....I've seen his "calibration" efforts.....you may as well put a carby on it!

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:51 am 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

Just bofore you start getting worked up too much, I did ask if I could do it there, and I was told it would be fine, that's why I was there in the first place! And no I should not have offer to pay for power at all, because like hell bpt would notice
It on the their power bill, like I said, for how much power I would of used, it would of been less than one cent!!, does your mate charge you to plug in you phones power adaptor at his house???

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:19 am 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

Seeing as you asked and it was ok then ok.
Your point about mates charging for things wouldn't happen.
The difference is this is a business and what often happens is you give people an inch and they take a mile.

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

i've heard Simon from XFT does a good job...

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
Seeing as you asked and it was ok then ok.
Your point about mates charging for things wouldn't happen.
The difference is this is a business and what often happens is you give people an inch and they take a mile.

Yeah mate, your not wrong........
ill try XFT, sus them out..

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:58 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

I'd check out the FFAU forums, that's where most B and F series owners are, and where the various tuners already mentioned are discussed ad nausium.

And Froudey, enough is never enough.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:21 am 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

data_mine wrote:
I'd check out the FFAU forums, that's where most B and F series owners are, and where the various tuners already mentioned are discussed ad nausium.

Whatsa matter with this forum?

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:32 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
data_mine wrote:

Whatsa matter with this forum?

Where did I say there was a problem here?

Simple fact is most of this site is E series owners, and FFAU happens to have sections for most of the shops already discussed. So it's probably the best place to get the info the OP is after.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:00 am 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

Where did I say there was a problem here?
Stay here and discuss it and it won't be mostly an E series site will it?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next