fitting cleveland into 6 banga XE 

Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: fitting cleveland into 6 banga XE
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Bummer about the Xe, but why not use EFI still, there are so many cheaper parts around these days, a J3 chip would probably be up for the job reasonably cheap, just need a swirl pot, bigger fuel lines, bigger injectors and bobs ya uncle....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: NA Fairlane / FE LTD

VIC, Australia

That doesn't matter IF the engine was an option in that model, as the 351 was an option in the XE falcon. You can bolt in any engine option that a car had IF you fit all the other items that the factory fit with the optional engine.

At the end of the XE model life you couldn't buy a 351 optioned XE, only because ford ran out of the engines, no other reason.

351 was not an option on 84+ models. I have heard there was a s**t load of clevos left and they were sold overseas for boat raceing because they could not make them meet emmision regs.

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

nalane wrote:
That doesn't matter IF the engine was an option in that model, as the 351 was an option in the XE falcon. You can bolt in any engine option that a car had IF you fit all the other items that the factory fit with the optional engine.

At the end of the XE model life you couldn't buy a 351 optioned XE, only because ford ran out of the engines, no other reason.

351 was not an option on 84+ models. I have heard there was a s**t load of clevos left and they were sold overseas for boat raceing because they could not make them meet emmision regs.

Ford didn't want to re-engineer the 351 to run on unleaded, and sales were poor due to fuel economy issues, so they stopped production & sold them until they ran out, in the ESP pack. I have seen 84 model XE ESP's factory fit with 351's. Granted they were very early 84 model cars. You couldn't get the 351 in povo pack falcons like in earlier years.......

I dunno about that s**t load of clevo's left.

Xe's ended in 84 & the Xf started. Yes the 351 wasn't an option in the XF and would require an engineer certificate, but not an XE, as it was a factory option in the XE model. If you could buy ANY XE with a 351 you can fit any XE with a 351 without an engineers report. That come straight from an engineers mouth, about 12 mths ago as my mum almost got a mint XE 6cyl wagon to replace her XD wagon & wanted me to swap the 351, c10 & 9 inch over to it, so i inquired with Vic roads & an engineer (the one who engineered my engine swap in my mighty boy).

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: NA Fairlane / FE LTD

VIC, Australia

Almost got the details of the engine right. If you Wiki xe falcon it gives all the engine details. I know its wiki but I have heard similar storys from other sources.

How can an engine that was unavailable be offered as an option?

There is no big drama getting an engineers report as long as you use factory fitted parts or better.

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

nalane wrote:
Almost got the details of the engine right. If you Wiki xe falcon it gives all the engine details. I know its wiki but I have heard similar storys from other sources.

How can an engine that was unavailable be offered as an option?

At the start of the model life it was an option. That's the part that matters. If ford ran out of them, during the XE model, that doesn't matter. As long as XE's did have 351's, and some did, you can fit the 351.

The stock pile of v8's lasted longer than wikipedia says. Remember, 351's in the XE were only available in the ESP pack, unless you were the police ordering them as highway patrol cars.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
nalane wrote:

Ford didn't want to re-engineer the 351 to run on unleaded, and sales were poor due to fuel economy issues, so they stopped production & sold them until they ran out, in the ESP pack. I have seen 84 model XE ESP's factory fit with 351's. Granted they were very early 84 model cars. You couldn't get the 351 in povo pack falcons like in earlier years.......

I dunno about that s**t load of clevo's left.

Xe's ended in 84 & the Xf started. Yes the 351 wasn't an option in the XF and would require an engineer certificate, but not an XE, as it was a factory option in the XE model. If you could buy ANY XE with a 351 you can fit any XE with a 351 without an engineers report. That come straight from an engineers mouth, about 12 mths ago as my mum almost got a mint XE 6cyl wagon to replace her XD wagon & wanted me to swap the 351, c10 & 9 inch over to it, so i inquired with Vic roads & an engineer (the one who engineered my engine swap in my mighty boy).

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Here in Qld, you can have a 302/351 in an XF, but it must run on straight LPG....no petrol.....and must have rear disc brakes fitted ( 351 only ).
Also, the cyl head lines up with the heater core pipes, and they must be hooked up and working.....or the A/C must be hooked up and working.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

With or without engineers report? You need the report down here in vic, easy to get if you fit all the XE v8 stuff & run straight lpg.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4