Fordmods Logo

Ford considers axing V8 Falcon 

Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:54 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

brad351v8 wrote:
I think Ford is still suffering the effect of droping the v8 in the 80's. they lost a hole generation of young people to Holden. Holden had the persiption of being the Aussie high performance vehicle to have. The young people then could not afford to buy a v8 but you could still buy one if you had the money. As time gose on these young people become the main people that purchase new cars they still might not buy a v8 but there loyalty goes to Holden. It is only now that you can find some young folk that go for Ford Why because you can get a v8 Ford. If ford gets rid of the V8 they will have lost another Generation of people. might not hurt in the short term but long term it will hurt. Todays sales are a result of the 80's. Hope Ford thinks before they act.

totally agree .....they have never got back what they lost when dropping the v8 and have been playing catch up ever since

i think the boss motor has cost ford a lot of customers for its lack of grunt down low ,heavy weight and fuel consumption

a v8 that makes power high in the revs is just not practical....its impossible to keep the fuel consumption to an acceptable level

IMO ford nedds to stop doing things on the cheap and either develop a new high tech versatile (capacity) v8 ......or drop it all together
and when bringing out new models .....dont take the motor from the fpv range slap it in the xr8/xr6t and shaft the fpv's resale overnight

if they keep doing that ....they'll lose all the sales of people who just like the car then get burnt on resale value
THESE buyers wont come back!!

so i really hope they dont slot in some v8 thats not quite right ....do it properly or not at all !!

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

fairy v8 wrote:
brad351v8 wrote:
I think Ford is still suffering the effect of droping the v8 in the 80's. they lost a hole generation of young people to Holden. Holden had the persiption of being the Aussie high performance vehicle to have. The young people then could not afford to buy a v8 but you could still buy one if you had the money. As time gose on these young people become the main people that purchase new cars they still might not buy a v8 but there loyalty goes to Holden. It is only now that you can find some young folk that go for Ford Why because you can get a v8 Ford. If ford gets rid of the V8 they will have lost another Generation of people. might not hurt in the short term but long term it will hurt. Todays sales are a result of the 80's. Hope Ford thinks before they act.

totally agree .....they have never got back what they lost when dropping the v8 and have been playing catch up ever since

i think the boss motor has cost ford a lot of customers for its lack of grunt down low ,heavy weight and fuel consumption

a v8 that makes power high in the revs is just not practical....its impossible to keep the fuel consumption to an acceptable level

IMO ford nedds to stop doing things on the cheap and either develop a new high tech versatile (capacity) v8 ......or drop it all together
and when bringing out new models .....dont take the motor from the fpv range slap it in the xr8/xr6t and shaft the fpv's resale overnight

if they keep doing that ....they'll lose all the sales of people who just like the car then get burnt on resale value
THESE buyers wont come back!!

so i really hope they dont slot in some v8 thats not quite right ....do it properly or not at all !!
one could argue ford/fpv have been quite good limiting the power hikes.. after all.. xr8 stayed at 260kw and gt 290kw 2002-late 2007... pretty darn good... and great for resale...

whereas hsv holdens ls1 has in the same time seen...
220kw-250kw 255kw-285 kw.. 297kw 307kw now coming up to 317kw...

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

but arent they up to LS3 now ? ....different spec , different engine ....my point was they havent just plucked a motor out of a clubby and dropped it in the ss new model downgradeing the clubby

A -la BF FPV- FG XR8?

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:51 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Holden are alot worse!
They do it with in the same model FFS!
VT to VTII anyone?
VEII HSV is going to get LS3, whats the bet VEII SS gets LS2 and 307kw to stay ahead of FG XR8s 290?

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Just read this thing and iam sure that the LS3 is old news seen one on overhauling or something basically a corvette engine with a four barrel holly on it

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:04 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 09 FG XR6

Power: 208 rwkw

NSW, Australia

i think were in deep s**t if they dump the v8 they should do what they did in the early days have a few v8's to choose from like the mustang 4.6ltr its a exelant sounding engine has adequate power and easly modified with superchargers and cam kits everywhere then also have the bigger v8 like the boss motor or even better the 5.4 mustang cobra R motor or the 5ltr out of the mustang GT-R with direct injection they could sort the fuel and emmitions out no worrys as for the 6 department i think it's silly getting rid of the i6 and i6 turbo they come this far already and want to dump it it's like finding a nugget of gold and throwing it back cause it have a bit of quartz in it i don't realy like v6's to commonwhore like i can see it now s**t exhaust note bwwwoooowww yuk keep the i6 310kw in the new fg F6 wont be beaten by hsv in a wile hahaha

2 FOR TURNING & 2 FOR BURNING

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:05 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

i think were in deep s**t if they dump the v8 they should do what they did in the early days have a few v8's to choose from like the mustang 4.6ltr its a exelant sounding engine has adequate power and easly modified with superchargers and cam kits everywhere then also have the bigger v8 like the boss motor or even better the 5.4 mustang cobra R motor or the 5ltr out of the mustang GT-R with direct injection they could sort the fuel and emmitions out no worrys as for the 6 department i think it's silly getting rid of the i6 and i6 turbo they come this far already and want to dump it it's like finding a nugget of gold and throwing it back cause it have a bit of quartz in it i don't realy like v6's to commonwhore like i can see it now s**t exhaust note bwwwoooowww yuk keep the i6 310kw in the new fg F6 wont be beaten by hsv in a wile hahaha

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:05 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:06 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

ahh sorry guys pc s**t it self:@

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

It also dosn't help that the FG XR6 turbo does 0-100 in 5.1sec (with the AC on) and does 13.4 quarter mile. Wait untill we get the JAG 5.0l, 374kw V8 then, they Ford will be back on track

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Fairlaine XR, ford thunderbird

QLD, Australia

i think its a shame they are dumping the v8 and the boss engines however ford has been putting a lot of research in to the 6s im hoping that if they take the v8s out they will research the 6s making them more powerful than any v8 on the market to compete on the performance market

Fairlaine XR, it’s the James Bond of Fords

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
It also dosn't help that the FG XR6 turbo does 0-100 in 5.1sec (with the AC on) and does 13.4 quarter mile. Wait untill we get the JAG 5.0l, 374kw V8 then, they Ford will be back on track
374kw is the supercharged version... it's considerably less NA.. woould Ford have the balls to release a factory supercharged 8?

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2004 Mazda Tribute

GeZza200 wrote:

Won't get Jag's engine now that TATA own them, I don't think.

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

96ghia wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:

Won't get Jag's engine now that TATA own them, I don't think.
bring back the "Hurricane "6.2"... :twisted:

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

they should go back to the 5.6L used in the TS50's they had quite alot of balls

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next