Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
they should go back to the 5.6L used in the TS50's they had quite alot of balls

How much further could they have pushed that engine. Emissions wise the 220 AU motors were right on the edge. I don't know how much of a buffer the 5.6 motors had.

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:09 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA MkII XR8

TAS, Australia

Keep the V8, australia without a V8 ford is wrong. If this s**t keeps up we will become a bunch of rice burners with no young kids knowing what 'V8' means

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:15 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

fordfreak ef wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:
It also dosn't help that the FG XR6 turbo does 0-100 in 5.1sec (with the AC on) and does 13.4 quarter mile. Wait untill we get the JAG 5.0l, 374kw V8 then, they Ford will be back on track
374kw is the supercharged version... it's considerably less NA.. woould Ford have the balls to release a factory supercharged 8?

cant see it .....seam to be reluctant to spend any development money on v8's down under

i cant see them spending cash on a new v8 that might have limited use and a short lifespan??... especially when theyre already losing money big time

you read of them already talkin about ecoboost v6's for Mustangs ??...its not lookin good for the v8 :cry:

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:12 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EB xr8,EB faimont wag. v8

QLD, Australia

i'm a Ford man through and through. But i can't get over the fact that Holden seem to do very well in the v8 depatment. They are even going to a 7.0lt engine for a limeted edition vehicle. they even export vehicles world wide some of them v8's. Ford use excuises that its to hard to make a v8 to comply with new laws and that demand for them is not that good.I can remember the same excuses in the 80's. It all comes down to markiting.I think Ford makes a much better performance vehicle than Holden yet Holden is way ahead because of there marketing and exporting policies. I have just returned from a week in Dallas Texas. I good not believe that in such a big city i actually saw three pontiac GTO (Holden monaro) running around. the Ford boys over there only have the mustang to play with. its very nice and moves quite well. But an Aussie GT,GTP,Pursuit and super pursuit would turn them on there ear.Ford instead of making excuses and pulling back on production. why not look at expanding.

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:29 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 09 FG XR6

Power: 208 rwkw

NSW, Australia

couldent agree more i think there lazy and scared at the same time still i don't think any 1 will ever beat gm there to globle and powerful and can afford risks

2 FOR TURNING & 2 FOR BURNING

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

who cares about the V8 when theyve got a s**t hot turbo six....new F6 has 310kw....

the old xr6 and f6 had their power levels deliberately under quoted to keep the v8s looking good....why this obsession with v8s....its not 1972 still....

they need to choose what they want - an 8 or turbo 6....they dont have the sales to justify both

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Ford didnt just shoe-horn the old F6 motor into the new XR6T, it is completely different but they did just do it with the XR8 and you can tell my the fact it still is SLOW!!!!!!!!!

Ford if they wanted to could get the Alloy 5.4 Supercharged V8 from the GT/lighting pick up in america. Now before everyone says that it can cos of cost and maintaince. It is fitted to the Ford F-150 Lighting Pick up truck. the F-series is the most sold car in the world!!!!!!!

That must mean they must has some relence about them and dont break every 100,000km.

I also believe that with a few sutle body kit changes (like the monaro to pontica) that Ford could sell the Falcon XR8 AND the XR6T.
Remeber when the XR6T first came out??? It has become a cult car cos it can do everything ANY other perforemance V8 can do and can actually do it better. I think the same thing would happen in America and if they could sell the XR6T and XR8 even in smallish numbers compared to the American market then that would be saying alot.
I mean the F-series pick up's sell around 1 MILLION a year. 1 MILLION F-series alone. thats what the Whole Australians car sence is.

I hope peopl understand where im coming from.

Ford needs to pull its head in and stand up to the Global Boss' and say that they want the money to make a left hand drive XR and to get help making the I6 more ecco friendly to keep it rather then go the gay torqueless V6

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EB xr8,EB faimont wag. v8

QLD, Australia

Right on. that would be cool to see xr6t and xr8 running around the states. i understand that the turbo six out performs the 8 but nothing comes close to the sound of a v8. Imagane doing the same engine work to an 8 as they do to the six

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Fairmont 5.0

SA, Australia

Just to clear a few things up.

Ford Aus can't export Falcons to anywhere Ford US sells cars. It's been a looong standing rule by Ford US, as it will take away from Ford US making cars. Yes, it's typical Seppo attitude, but what can ya do.

Ford have stopped making Windsors (EB-AUIII V8 for the uneducated) in 2002. They won't start re-making them for production, though they still make parts for the aftermarket.

As said, Jaguar have been sold to TATA in India recently, so a Jaguar V8 will be hard to get now. 4.0 is probably too small for the Australian market anyway.

HSV are using the LS2, Holden are using the L76. There are reports HSV are evaluating the 6.2L LS3 for HSV's in the future, and they will probably use them eventually.

The BOSS V8 is assembled in Australia. Ford basically buy the bottom ends from the US, cast their own heads, based on the US Cobra R here, then assemble them here. Holden/HSV have heaps of crate engines to choose from. Ford Oz have to build their own from truck parts, because they decided the 4.6L is too small.

Ford don't get much money to develop cars from Ford US, they have to sell cars to make money to develop new cars. Because they don't have a LHD market, they have no point to develop the Falcon for LHD, as well as US approval, which is even more expensive.

The problem with the Hurricane/Boss 6.2L Ford have planned is the size. It was originally planned for use in SUV's and pickups. Ford plan it to have much larger bores, which means more width and length. They want to use similar valvetrain from the current mod motor, so there can't be much of a weight saving.

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Aaron_EF8 wrote:
HSV are using the LS2, Holden are using the L76. There are reports HSV are evaluating the 6.2L LS3 for HSV's in the future, and they will probably use them eventually.

The BOSS V8 is assembled in Australia. Ford basically buy the bottom ends from the US, cast their own heads, based on the US Cobra R here, then assemble them here.

The problem with the Hurricane/Boss 6.2L Ford have planned is the size. It was originally planned for use in SUV's and pickups. Ford plan it to have much larger bores, which means more width and length. They want to use similar valvetrain from the current mod motor, so there can't be much of a weight saving.

Almost there matey! HSV already have the LS3 motor and will be on the roads very soon.

Modular 4V heads are not cast here in Australia, only the inlet manifolds and pistons. The heads come from the US as does the crank, rods, block, valve springs etc etc.

From what I have read on limited information on the web about the Hurricane, it will be basically a mod motor with proper bore spacing making it a bit longer and wider like you said. Better for cubes. Perhaps they will adopt a all alloy Hurricane if they ever use it?

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: V8 Falcon, Nissan Patrol

QLD, Australia

After a quick read of the 1st post all i could think of is that Ford is about to go bankrupt, sell your shares quick and if you work for Ford get out while you can!!! First they say their using V6's, now they add now more V8s, WTF!!!!

1993 Ford Fairmont EB II 5.0L V8 Wagon
1992 Nissan Patrol TI 4.2L Diesel 4x4 Wagon

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:28 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

i would like too see Ford aus source their v8,s from the aftermarket section Dart, World ,FMS etc ......they'd sell heaps coz people would see the potential in them
do a bulk deal !! .....Dart block, AFR heads , forged internals etc

then you wouldnt mind payin a premium for them!

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

If I cant buy a v8 ford, i'd be buying a v8 holden.

Like they did during the xf-ea period, they lost quite a few ford people, they certainly wont be doing it again. Even if the v8 isnt as competitive to the other camp, they still need one there.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

schnoods wrote:
If I cant buy a v8 ford, i'd be buying a v8 holden.

Like they did during the xf-ea period, they lost quite a few ford people, they certainly wont be doing it again. Even if the v8 isnt as competitive to the other camp, they still need one there.

Yep Ford lost of lot of sales due to the market image Holden had with performance V8's, many people would have purchased one due to the last Australian V8 until VTII was released, I am have always been a Ford boy but I signed the "V8's to 98" partition as a teenager, at least it was Aussie.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

VIC, Australia

Its simple, Ford need to bring out a 8 litre option

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next