Fordmods Logo

Ford EFII v8 fghia 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford EFII v8 fghia
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hey all
Its time to upgrade my xd. even though it was nothing special im in need of a new car. currently looking at an ef series 2 ghia v8. and a holden vs statesman v8.
Just wondering how they go performance wise stock against eachother head to head and also handling?
Im after any information valuable to narrow down my search in any pros and cons against eachother
Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

VS will perform better than the EF, no question. And easier to get more power out of as well.

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

No way will a stato go better than a fairmont.I would go the fairmont any day of the week.A nicer car inside too.

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

VIC, Australia

I have owned both a 5 litre Statesman and a 5 litre Fairmont. I currently own a 5 litre Fairmont, if thats anything to go by. :-P

From my experiences the 302 seems to go a fair bit harder then the 304, my mont beats my old stato and two of my mates both own VN and VS SS's and i smoke both of them, all three are stock other then exhuast and intake and all are manuals. BOTTLEDUP is right in sayin its much easier to get power out of GM's 304. There are so many parts and resources available making large power gains comes easy. That's not to say you can't chase power with the winsdor though, it will just be a little harder. Handling between stato and mont? The mont handles better but in stock form suffers a little body roll, however remember the stato is LWB so the mont should be handling better. I believe an e series fairmont is a better car but I will always have a softspot for statesmans. They have a very comfortable interior and they look gorgeous when lowerd on a nice set of wheels, just watch the power steering, its a weakness on VR/VS/VT and could set you back 500 bucks. Hope i have helped.

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

In a nutshell, both will perform pretty much the same however it is much, much cheaper to get power out of the Holden. No need for heads, inlets and MAFs etc. Give the heads a mild port job, get another cam with a memcal update on the ECU and bore out the throttle body if you want to. In saying all of this though, the one thing that peed me off more than anything else on my stato was the mutli v belt arrangement!!

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

Burns wrote:
From my experiences the 302 seems to go a fair bit harder then the 304, my mont beats my old stato and two of my mates both own VN and VS SS's and i smoke both of them, all three are stock other then exhuast and intake and all are manuals. .

s**t man, you must have one healthy 302 if your mont is beating VN SS's in a straight line! They were an absolute rocket ship off the mark. They just don't stop or go around corners too well.

I totally agree that the EF mont would be the better car out of the two tho...... the VS had a really badly designed interior I thought. The EF has held it's age a lot better I reckon!!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:04 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 9 images

VIC, Australia

Statesman has a much nicer sounding engine and easy to get power out of.
Bang an exhaust and extractors on and they sound beautiful.

EF V8 will always be slow unless you spend alot of money

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

philaddis wrote:
Burns wrote:
From my experiences the 302 seems to go a fair bit harder then the 304, my mont beats my old stato and two of my mates both own VN and VS SS's and i smoke both of them, all three are stock other then exhuast and intake and all are manuals. .

s**t man, you must have one healthy 302 if your mont is beating VN SS's in a straight line! They were an absolute rocket ship off the mark. They just don't stop or go around corners too well.

I totally agree that the EF mont would be the better car out of the two tho...... the VS had a really badly designed interior I thought. The EF has held it's age a lot better I reckon!!

Yeah mine seems to be a bit of a freak for some reason, not that im complaining, plus his VN has 250,000 km and mine only 180,000. The 5 Litre VT SS are slow pieces of crap, however the VS are quick and VN are quicker. As for the stato interior, its ugly and aged horrendosly, however the seats are vert comfy :-)

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Stevo wrote:
Statesman has a much nicer sounding engine and easy to get power out of.
Bang an exhaust and extractors on and they sound beautiful.

EF V8 will always be slow unless you spend alot of money

They sound nice but lack substance in their note, they are kinda just loud and thats it, though a cam will fix that pretty quick. With the right exhaust the winsdor sounds tough and lively, best note i have had out of all my cars.

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

banarcus wrote:
In a nutshell, both will perform pretty much the same however it is much, much cheaper to get power out of the Holden. No need for heads, inlets and MAFs etc. Give the heads a mild port job, get another cam with a memcal update on the ECU and bore out the throttle body if you want to. In saying all of this though, the one thing that peed me off more than anything else on my stato was the mutli v belt arrangement!!

Agreed, and the IRS in VR/VS was woeful! Not to mention they suffer weak power steering and idle bearings. But bang for your buck mods wise GMH is the go!

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Gli

VIC, Australia

windsor sounds 11tybillion times better than any holden 5litre. There a bloody loud thing the GMH 5L's but there a very ordinary sound I find. But yer pretty easy to get power out of. +1 for the interiors on the stato's being ordinary also.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]