Fordmods Logo

fuel consumption 

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

sounds about right.. i normally get 50kms before the needle moves..

strangely tho, no matter how far i push in to the red, when i go to fill up it only takes 61 litres...

i get just under 400kms most of the time out of my series 2 EL xr8.. but then again its been tuned and fiddled a bit, and its generally 20 minute trips with constant lights, not to mention an impatient hoon behind the wheel. wahhhrrrp!

current ride: worn out chuck taylors

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:29 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

I wish I could get 400 Km out of a tank in my S2 EL XR8 auto. On petrol I was getting at best 270km city driving in sydney. It's been now converted to gas and I'm getting 230 km's from 68 Litres. Anyone experienced high fuel consumption like this or know what the problem might be? any help would be appreciated.

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

VIC, Australia

in my EB Ghia on ULP i get about 270km's a tank, using PULP i get about 340km's a tank, most i've ever got out of it was 440km's mostly highway driving.
has been looked over a few times, wouldn't have a clue what it is

4 cylinders are like chinese food, few minutes after you have them you just want more!

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

dang that sucks.. ignition system all healthy, yeh?

current ride: worn out chuck taylors

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:00 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: NF Fairlane V8

VIC, Australia

I'll join the chorus, mine does around the 4-500km per tank around town and I can squeeze another hundred or so by driving like an old mole (but bugger that, she sounds much better reaching out to 4 or 5 grand. :D :twisted: )

On a couple of country runs tho she got over 700km, Filling up before leaving Melb I got to the servos on the Hume at Yass. And cruising back from Adelaide, I filled up just before going up the cutting and made it all the way to Rockbank on the outer sub's of Melb :D :D The trip comp was telling me I had 5km left in the tank :roll:

The TORQUE Monster project begins!

Pic's, details and all the yummy stuff:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22693

"There's no replacement for displacement!"

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

It all seems healthy. feels a little low on power though. Guess it's just one of those freak cars that loves to drink. going to have it looked at here in Sydney soon.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

yeh, i mean when i bought it i never expected it to be good on fuel but i only get around 350 to a tank driving fairly normal but i guess alot is stop start traffic light driving

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Damn, you guys do well for your city driving, I drive my EF the same all day every day, and the worst i get around town is 180k, and the absolute best city driving is 230k. On the highway its a different story tho, as i regulary get between 500 and 700k to the tank. On the return trip from Melbourne for the All Ford day, she averaged 8.2l/100k, and that was worked out manually, not with the trip comp, as it isnt accurate now the 24lb's are in her.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

8.2l/100km with 3.9 diff gears???? are you serious???? thats pretty f**k good

Post subject: fuel consumption
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

ACT, Australia

I am driving from Canberra to Sydney and return every three weeks to pick up my sons and then return them at the end of the weekend. My El Fairlane V8 does the round trip, up and back, aprox 650km's on one tank 75l. I am thinking of going to LPG, any thoughts? :roll:

Attachments:
File comment: THE DOMINATOR!
CarSm1.JPG
CarSm1.JPG [ 41.98 KiB | Viewed 180 times ]

NF Fairlane 5l V8 blue interior lights,LED Brake and Indicator Lights, Motorola V600 car kit (for sale), Missile Switched Driving Lights. LPG.TomTom 500 GPS.

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:39 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

dedicated or duel fuel?????
whats it actually worth to get it done???? i've never really looked into it or considered it, although i am interested wat its worth to get done

i spose it depends what your after, if your after fuel economy yeh sure why not??

if ya mainly do long trips does it warrant it????

beats me :roll:

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

ACT, Australia

There is a new vapour delivery system which is, Sequential Vapour Injection or "multi point" and doesn't reduce any power. I think it costs around 2800 or a traditional LP Gas conversion (Single point delivery) for around 2000. A good tool if your thinking of converting is at Parnell Gas http://www.parnell.com.au/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=34
Try it if u wish

NF Fairlane 5l V8 blue interior lights,LED Brake and Indicator Lights, Motorola V600 car kit (for sale), Missile Switched Driving Lights. LPG.TomTom 500 GPS.

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

The problem remains the same as it always has for people who have bought a petrol engined car and want to convert it to LPG. The conversion costs are still substantial and for anyone to break even, before the LPG setup actually starts to save them money, they will spend a lot of money or even years getting to that point. Plus the way the cost of LPG is going wherever you are in whichever state - especially if you're rural, you might end up extending that break even point further down the track just from the rising cost of LPG itself.
I think the only time anyone actually saves money with an LPG setup is when they bought the car with it already installed.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

hi,mines duel,the way lpg systems are set up is important,i have gas research 3 stage,high performance system,i get 320-380ks per av. on 44-47ltrs lpg,driving express way and city,about 67ks aday and FASTTTTTT,on a trip should be better. :roll: :roll:

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

yes vic,its expensive,you also loose horse power-due to slower burning gas and more heat produced,but at 105-110 ron the motors idle sweet,the biggest problem is petrol cams,the induction system is made to suit.if you build a gas motor they go hard and the gas cam loves petrol it goes harder,but you have to drive them-20k plus a year for two years should pay for it,and keep the weapon for a while, i do v6s of the line on gas when they pi******s me off! my other is a v6 vn duel 190kw and you know the rest! but on averg. i get 6-8 per ltr on gas-lpg,happy cruising :roll: :roll:

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next