Fuel 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Fuel
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

NSW, Australia

running the car on standard unleaded the car drinks the fuel faster but when puting in say 95 or 98 the car gets better economy but really the EB-ED 5.0L's were tuned for standard unleaded but the 2 98RON fuels I notice power gains are ultimate or synergy 8000.

Whats your opinons as I know the later V8's requier 95RON+?

MEMBER 1390

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

I only use Ultimate 98 because of the better burn and its cleaner to run your car on for the environment and for your cars engine.
The flame front when it ignites gives a better burn for better power and economy. I only use Ultimate 98. I go out of my way to get it. I would never contaminate my cars with anything less.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

I found that premium gave slightly better economy but you won't see its major benefit or any noticable power increase unless you bump the timing up a bit to make use of the extra octane.

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

I found that even on a stock engine, stock timing - she would often ping like a muel on regular unleaded - particularly when hot. I believe the design of the E7TE heads were prone to detonation...

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Does the exhaust smell sicker (not fully sik but vomiting style sickness) when using premium fuel?

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:25 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 1984 FD LTD

QLD, Australia

bp's 98 octane ultimate fuel is made in a totally different section of the refinery to that of regular and premium unleaded fuels. there are more detergants and the like that are good for your engine in ultimate due to the different way that it is made.
i had one tanker driver tell me that the extra octane jst evaporates away when you burn it in the motor meaning that it has no benifit.
but i beg to differ on that point, as a fairlane i once owned used to ping like crazy on regular unleaded and run nice and smooth on the good stuff.

(can you tell that i work in petrol stations.. BP in particular.. and i have the sales speach about it? but i love the fuel, shame its so much more expensive than regular unleaded really...)

Member Of "Team LWB"
FD: My Current Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/ ... age029.jpg

ZL: A Work In Progress - that went to the tip!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/ ... maller.jpg

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

zk wrote:
bp's 98 octane ultimate fuel is made in a totally different section of the refinery to that of regular and premium unleaded fuels. there are more detergants and the like that are good for your engine in ultimate due to the different way that it is made.
i had one tanker driver tell me that the extra octane jst evaporates away when you burn it in the motor meaning that it has no benifit.
but i beg to differ on that point, as a fairlane i once owned used to ping like crazy on regular unleaded and run nice and smooth on the good stuff.

(can you tell that i work in petrol stations.. BP in particular.. and i have the sales speach about it? but i love the fuel, shame its so much more expensive than regular unleaded really...)

i don't think that tanker driver is a very smart man. seriously the octain just evaporates :roll: . sorry doesn't work like that. you want your fuel to evaporate in the engine it mixes with the air better, thats why things like heated intakes where invented. help the feul evaporate better and gives a better burn. next time you see him ask where it evaporates too? it's not like it can leave the combustion chamber

back on topic i use 95octane feul in my car, i found with 98 the car felt a bit dosile and i got poor economy. when i have an engine that needs 98 i'll use it

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:44 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I run a tank of Ultimate98 through the fairmont whenever I can, mainly for the detergents it, I figure seeing as it's duel fuel, and runs waaay to rich on gas, it might help keep the combustion chamber a bit less deposit free. I found that the first time I ran a tank of 98 thru it, it really started to make a difference, performance and economy wise.
The sprint gets fed only the finest of gasolines, mined from the finest oil fields... :D

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NC II Fairlane

NSW, Australia

i put a tank of ultimate in my car once every 2 months or so cause the somethings or another are to soft and the lpg does something to em .(they changed them in the egas cars to the ones used in the typhoons) oh well the part name escapes me at the moment but people in the know willl know what im on about.lol
cheers

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Now with el thermos fitted.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:07 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Valve seats I think...
I don't like gas cause in my area, you get a bad "batch" if that's even possible with gas, plus to get it running satisfactorily on Petrol and Gas, I have to have the gas running richer then Bill Gates.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NC II Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
Valve seats I think...
I don't like gas cause in my area, you get a bad "batch" if that's even possible with gas, plus to get it running satisfactorily on Petrol and Gas, I have to have the gas running richer then Bill Gates.

yeah valve seats thats it

well ive got a happy mediam at the moment ,the trip is reading 15.2 l/100kms and im getting around 17-18l/100kms on gas

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Now with el thermos fitted.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]