Fordmods Logo

Good Buy or What! 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

PC EB wrote:
19lb injectors were only on the series 1 175kw engine.

I Love it, the 19lb injectors were also fitted to early build S1 XR8's

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
What did they blue ones come off? The reckons it come off a 2003 XR8, but didnt the 2003 xr8's have the blue 24Ib injectors instead of these orange 19's? Would the ECU be any better than the current EEC IV even if i got all the right bits?

03 xr8 is ba. sorry just nit picking.

i'm still running 19's on mine with gt40p's and explorer. making around 170rwkw and tuner says the 19's are coping fine at the moment.

explorer will bolt straight up but you'll need to source another couple of long bolts. ho manifold has 4 short and 2 long whereas explorer has 4 long and 2 short.

also you may have to join a couple of vacuum lines. au's don't run egr either so you'll need to do something there. mine was blocked off anyway so i just got rid of it all.

you won't notice much (if any) difference with just the manifold and t/b though as the heads are a major restriction.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

explorer will bolt straight up but you'll need to source another couple of long bolts. ho manifold has 4 short and 2 long whereas explorer has 4 long and 2 short.
Quote:

Cheers for the info.

also you may have to join a couple of vacuum lines. au's don't run egr either so you'll need to do something there. mine was blocked off anyway so i just got rid of it all.

How do you block off the EGR? In Kiwi land they dont care too much about emissions with the EGR so it wont matter if its there or not. It came with the whole shi-bang so hopefully it works out. next will be the GT40p's.

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

just bolt it all up as it is in the top pic. au's don't have egr so that will take care of that.

if yours is an auto, you will need to swap over your tps's as well. you will also need to file down the blade on the 65mm t/b so that the e series tps will go on all the way. the other issue i had was the tps screws are different thickness, so you can't re use the e series ones and the au ones are too short if you have twin tps. you may also need to file the holes a bit as they don't perfectly line up.

i managed to do it so it can't be too hard. :)

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

Be aware of IAT sensor aswell.
You will either have to source an AU one and lengthen the wiring and change plug to AU.
Or,
Keep your original one and drill and tap #5 intake runner to suit.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

PRYDEY, The xr8 this came from was an auto as well so will it matter if i dont swap the TPS?

What/where is the IAT sensor?

My dads the mechanic so he will end up doing it.

Cheers

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

e series run twin tps, one for engine, one for auto i think. i don't think the au's do which is why you need to run the e series tps's.

my knowledge on this is fairly minimal though.

xh5lwepn would have more of an idea on this subject. send him a pm.

sorry i can't be of more help.

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
PRYDEY, The xr8 this came from was an auto as well so will it matter if i dont swap the TPS?

Yep. You'll have to modify both your factory TPS's to suit the AU throttle body. AU runs one for both ECU and Trans but the e-series needs two. When you modify them to fit and its all on the car and base idle speed is set, set them both to 0.98v by probing the black and the green wire with a multimeter.

Quote:

IAT sensor in yours is located in the lower manifold in #5 runner (very front on passenger side). AU runs it in the intake elbow between MAF and T/B. It obviously monitors Intake Air Temp.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:
XFWAGON wrote:

Yep. You'll have to modify both your factory TPS's to suit the AU throttle body. AU runs one for both ECU and Trans but the e-series needs two. When you modify them to fit and its all on the car and base idle speed is set, set them both to 0.98v by probing the black and the green wire with a multimeter.

Quote:

IAT sensor in yours is located in the lower manifold in #5 runner (very front on passenger side). AU runs it in the intake elbow between MAF and T/B. It obviously monitors Intake Air Temp.

i thought that was the case but wasn't 100%.

didn't have to stuff around with iat on mine as it was off an e series (probably not originally) and had the hole tapped in near no.5.

also due to me running microtech, i didn't have to stuff around with tps under the bonnet either. tuner just calibrated them in the ecu.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2