Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Gt40p heads & HO intake
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Hi everyone,

Did a search, but couldn't find the exact answer I was looking for.

I've got a EB Xr8 with GT40p heads on it atm, a weiand carby type LPG setup, and I'd like to stick this engine into another EB XR8, that is currently dual fuel, with a HO manifold.

I KNOW I will loose some power, not an issue right now, I can get an explorer manifold later, when time & money permits. It's just that this is probably an easier option than converting that car to single fuel LPG setup, doing a wiring loom swap & so on. 1 car is s1 auto, no smart lock, other car is s1 5spd manual with smartlock.

All I need to know is - will it work? Are the ports in the heads different enough that it won't work?

I'm hoping to swap the engine over next weekend, weather permitting.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Post subject: Re: Gt40p heads & HO intake
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

It will bolt up fine. You already know it will be your restriction, but everything else will line up.

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
It will bolt up fine. You already know it will be your restriction, but everything else will line up.

Brilliant, thanks dude! That's just the info I need to know. Looks like I can get the thing going dual fuel after all.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Ghia 5.0

SA, Australia

Unfortunately I still have the HO intake bolted to my GT40P heads, so definitely not a problem for you. It still lacks top end power but it's a torquey bugger! Watch for cracks around the outer bolt flanges on the upper section when you put it back together.

Mike

EF Ghia 5.0 - XR8 in a tuxedo....classy, low and loud

Bordeaux Purple, Tickford kit, slammed, 18" BA XR8's, EL Ghia chrome, full leather, Pioneer audio, C&C, ABS, LSD, Crane cam, GT40P heads, high flow cats, Genie extractors, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights!

Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Mike,

Thanks for the tip on the cracks. I'm glad yours still has low down power, this setup will be in a red Xr8 for my fiance, so it needs low down grunt to make her happy with the Xr8. Kayt is used to driving a turbo 4cyl that comes on boost a tad over 2000rpm will full boost by 2700rpm, so as long as this setup is responsive in the 1500 to 4000 range I think it will keep her happy lol.

I hope to be doing the engine swap & intake setup sway this sunday. Weather pending lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EB V8 wagon- with kiddy seats.

VIC, Australia

You know its not going to matter, don't you dude. No matter how good it goes, you won't keep the mrs happy for long.
Its their job to push us.

Metalcraft Engineering. Ballarat. Custom machining and welding.

Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

eb dan wrote:
You know its not going to matter, don't you dude. No matter how good it goes, you won't keep the mrs happy for long.
Its their job to push us.

That I do know, as long as it's long enough to get some work done on my toys, I'll take it anyway lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]