Post subject: Re: IRS
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

XTT909 wrote:
well can do it for you $3900 without compliance of $4500 with engineers report this was the first one a test bed and sad to see go to waist so NEW PROJECT TIME!! been in the car for 13 months and driven 29,000 ks and let me tell u irs with 300 kgs lighter body well F### me does it stick just need some mid range torque to punch it out of corners mstart with a cam then a blowzilla me thinks
well the seats and dash NO not a easy fit need to scavange centre hump out of a ef el and weld it in to fit seats and handbrake and dash missing the centre mounts and side mounts are diff but just make some of ya own
o and price ??? hahahahahahah my wifes watching me type this!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
and btw it startedlife as a 6 cyl ea auto piece of leaksbought for 1000 bucks 18 months ago

Well tell us more about the IRS conversion, what was needed to be done? I was just thinking about this today as to why someone hasn't already done this to a pre AU.
Do you think you could write up a document into how to do it, I can assist if you need help.
Can you take more pictures of the IRS setup in the EA.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Post subject: IRS DOCO
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:15 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BLOWN 347 EB GT/ BF XR6 TURBO

Power: 345 rwkw

NSW, Australia

yea no problem but will have to wait as it will be going into the shop for respray will get some pics soon when on hoist to remove engine it maybe a while before i can get then done say maybe a month but need any questions on it i can answer for you, but not a easy job only qualified welder should be tackling it. as you need to restrengthen boot floor and reweld petrol tank mounts and cut and shut the chassis rail. it took 2 of us guys that know what we are doing 14hrs straight just to modifiy the rails and reposition the tank mounts :shock: :shock: :roll:

MY CAR PLZ TAKE A LOOK forums/xtt909-update-t66227.html

DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DAZZLE, EBI347, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN ,SWC, XTT909

Post subject: Re: IRS DOCO
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

XTT909 wrote:
yea no problem but will have to wait as it will be going into the shop for respray will get some pics soon when on hoist to remove engine it maybe a while before i can get then done say maybe a month but need any questions on it i can answer for you, but not a easy job only qualified welder should be tackling it. as you need to restrengthen boot floor and reweld petrol tank mounts and cut and shut the chassis rail. it took 2 of us guys that know what we are doing 14hrs straight just to modify the rails and reposition the tank mounts :shock: :shock: :roll:

Well at least with a doco anyone would be able to see the amount of work that goes into it and will be able to see if it is worth them trying etc, you might be able to get a few jobs out of it, I know from experience overhead welding sucks, I would have to cheat and turn the car upside down on a rotisserie. (Even then it might turn out s**t :lol: )

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2