Fordmods Logo

Headers for GT40P heads. 

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Gli

VIC, Australia

thats ok then, big dollar headers for a big dollar motor. they are a fantastic header but some people put them on mediocre engines, just throwing money away me thinks.

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

WA, Australia

^^yeah true that aye. It's not the biggest budget stroker motor but it needs a helluva lota exhaust flow...

347 XR8 Build Thread

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

s-tranzor wrote:
Scaffy wrote:
By the sounds of things I'm glad I never fitted the GT40Ps to my engine. The plugs come in and out of the twisted wedge heads a piece of piss! :)

They come out of the GT40ps the same... just the lead boot that gets stuck on some types of headers.

Ah ok. Then the DiFillipos are the go then cos there's plenty of clearance. I think my boots are 45s.

They seem to be a little big for my application at the moment though. Not sure whether to downsize to tri-ys til I stroke it or just leave them as is.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

What pacemakers will fit GT40Ps on E series leads?

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

pacemaker used to make a header to suit gt50P's on s-series but stopped making them due to low demand. they told me they don't have anything to suit that application anymore.

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ELXR6lookalike wrote:
pacemaker used to make a header to suit gt50P's on s-series but stopped making them due to low demand. they told me they don't have anything to suit that application anymore.

Guess I'm sticking with the ELGT headers then.

EL XR8

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

there are headers out there that are designed for E7's but still work with GT40P's it's just a bit of hit or miss as to which ones do and don't work. I have hi-tech's on my LTD with GT40P's and i couldn't be happier, there cheap and there designed for E7's but fit the 40P's. I have 8.8mm top gun leads with 45deg boots on them and haven't got a problem, although i have billet lead seperators which help and the leads are custom made too be a little longer than stock.

Post subject: Re: Headers for GT40P heads.
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EDV8 Fairmont

WA, Australia

steven13 wrote:
Hi guys, have had a read through posts but couldn't find no real answer. I have Hitech headers on my EL XR8 and have installed GT40P heads. Only spark plug I have trouble with is number 4 cyc with leads and need to loosen pipes to get to plug. Are there any headers out there that you don't have to loosen or remove headers just to change plugs, plus still use original leads with 45 deg boot. If not where do you guys get your leads made up. Mine on no4 needs protection as I've already melted 1 lead.
Thanks Steve

I too ran hitech's with the GT40P's - #4 plug was a problem. Heated the bend in the tube & knocked it in a bit with a ball pein hammer - no problem after that.
I dont think the Hitech's really suit the GT40P's ( if they are the same as I had on mine) as they were still very restrictive - I dont think they can move that volume of gas. Tossed them & bolted on Pacies PH4000's - gases certainly flowed better but may have lost a little down low.

Richie

1993 ED F/mont 5.0L, Auto, Edelbrock RPM's, CompCam XE276HR, Crane Gold Race 1.7's, Edelbrock Performer, 75mm T/B, MAP, 42lb , GenIII coils, PH4000's , Twin 2.5", Thermos & underspeeds, 3.7 LSD, 2800 stall and MoTec M800, 372fwhp @ 5400rpm & 387 ft-lb @ 4400 rpm.

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

^^The HM headers I am replacing have a prob with #2 and #5. Could sort the prob out like you did, but need more flow in the end. and banging in some clearance would probably add more flow restriction. If the pipes dropped down an extra centimeter or 2 there would be no problems with lead clearance... sux.

347 XR8 Build Thread

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Scaffy wrote:
s-tranzor wrote:
Scaffy wrote:
By the sounds of things I'm glad I never fitted the GT40Ps to my engine. The plugs come in and out of the twisted wedge heads a piece of piss! :)

They come out of the GT40ps the same... just the lead boot that gets stuck on some types of headers.

Ah ok. Then the DiFillipos are the go then cos there's plenty of clearance. I think my boots are 45s.

They seem to be a little big for my application at the moment though. Not sure whether to downsize to tri-ys til I stroke it or just leave them as is.

Geez Scaffy, why didnt you say something before? We could just swapped headers and saved an a*** of money on new headers :P haha, the HM's I have at the moment are Tri-Y.

347 XR8 Build Thread

Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Just what I was thinking earlier mate!

One thing to look out for on the De Fillipos is the welds. I've had problems with them leaking from day dot. Had the gaskets changed a number of times, all to no avail. Took it to Prestige and Dom had a look and listen. As it turns out, they're not leaking from the gasket, it's the vertical welds between the primary and the flange. Because they're larger primaries, they have to weld the verts on the inside so there's still clearance for the bolts. It's some of these welds that have failed. I'm yet to get it fixed, just need the time.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Advance Headers make a GT40P INTO E SERIES HEADER.

I have em in my car, I'll take a pic tomorrow and show them.

I had them installed when I was planning to use them, glad I still went with the advance headers over Pacemakers, they did great things for the car stock (189 rwhp, e7 heads and HO manifold, auto) and I might be looking towards GT40p heads, or more.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

schnoods do you know what part number?
I've had a look at their website and they have E series and AU series V8 headers but nothing specific for AU heads on E series.

EL XR8

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Scaffy wrote:
Just what I was thinking earlier mate!

One thing to look out for on the De Fillipos is the welds. I've had problems with them leaking from day dot. Had the gaskets changed a number of times, all to no avail. Took it to Prestige and Dom had a look and listen. As it turns out, they're not leaking from the gasket, it's the vertical welds between the primary and the flange. Because they're larger primaries, they have to weld the verts on the inside so there's still clearance for the bolts. It's some of these welds that have failed. I'm yet to get it fixed, just need the time.

Oh ok, thanks for the tip Scaffy. The extractors just landed @ Dom's today so I'll ask him to have a quick lookie before they get put on this wednesday :)

347 XR8 Build Thread

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Does anyone know who sells/disributes hurricane headers in Vic, from what i have read these seem to be the go in the old windsors along with a twin 2.25" systerm.

Also when you guys talk about a good twin system, do you mean twin the whole way trough. I get it will be twin from the cats to the diff, but is it possible for to fit twin pipes over the diff and to the back of the car. It seems a tight area where the factory pipes run around the guards and bumper. Could you guys post some pics of you twin systems, im keen to see them??

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next