Fordmods Logo

Hi there, newbie here. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Hi there, newbie here.
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:53 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Hi everybody, just joined this site, and have just purchased a 03 Fairmont ghia with the 5.4lt, It is a great piece of machinery, one of the best cars i have owned yet. And to make it even better i picked it up for only $15000!!! I jumped on it when i saw it 8-)

Anyways, i was just wondering what some are, that i could do to my new toy. I have planned a BF GT body kit, with bonnet buldge. A little lip spoiler on the rear. Will be put on airbags, i need this to get up my driveway so dont flame me please :lol: , the usual stuff like tint the windows, black tail lights etc i will be doing aswell.

But just want to know what can be done performance wise?

Exhaust/headers- i will be getting this, just not sure what to get, as i want it to rumble, but i also want it quite as it will be used as a company car and i dont want to be deafening customers when they are in the car :twisted:

so what can i do to get it going a little better?

Also i cant find the info anywhere, but does anyone know if it came out with LSD, or is it a single? also wish to know the ratio of it.

Thanks in advance.

5.4 Mont Ghia

2002 5.4 Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

The biggest killer of performance is the restrictive intake piping on the 3V V8. You need to get a rubber elbow to replace the crushed black plastic elbow attached to your throttle body. A bluepower pod-in-a-box, like something from aussie car enhancements, will wake your beast up. A set of extractors and a good exhaust should also be on the cards and once these have been fitted, a flash tune can be done to make the most of what you have done to the intake and exhaust. Good for 230kW at the rears.. Great motor the 3V.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

These are a great car and love to be modded! Unfortunetly Aussie Car Enhancements has closed down so Chris at Bluepower is the guy to talk to these days. How much are you looking to spend? The best value for money for these are...

Bluepower cai.
Induction pipe, there is a good guide on fordforums.com.au on how to make one since you can't get an ACE one anymore.
Di Filippo exhaust, Big Boy is the best way to go but might be a lil to noisy
Custom flash tune

All that and you will have around 220-225rwkw.

And then if you want to take it further you can get...

Underdrives
3000 stallie
4.10lsd

You should have a weapon on the road and low - mid 12's in race trim with slicks and front runners :)

I do believe the Fairmont Ghia's came out with 3.46lsd, and great price too! Makes me a lil jealous haha

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:17 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Thanks fellas, that was a great help!

Everything sounds good there, But what can i do about the exhaust, as i dont want it too loud. I know the Di Filippo's are the bees knees but yeah i think that maybe a tad too loud for what i want. Could i get that with a butterfly valve in it? could that solve my problems?

At the moment, i will be spending around 5-7 grand on it. But that will include all exterior mods, springs, shocks, mags, bodykit, buldge bonnet, window tint, etc.... with whats left over going on performance mods.

Also does anyone know where i can get airbag suspension done for the BA's? i would really like to start and get a idea on how much it would cost to get this all done. GOD DAMN STEEP DRIVEWAY!!!

2002 5.4 Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hmmm that money wont go very far :P If it was mine i would lower it, wheels, bootlip spoiler and then rest on performance :)

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:01 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

i will make it stretch enough :P

airbags wont be included in that budget, thats in a seperate kitty.

But def getting body kit, buldge, lip spoiler, and wheels first up.

2002 5.4 Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Sounds good! are you going to put the xr lights or just leave the standard ones?

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:27 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

def be putting the xr lights in, got them here already. the gt kit looks quite odd with the normal lights i think.

2002 5.4 Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

punktured wrote:
These are a great car and love to be modded! Unfortunetly Aussie Car Enhancements has closed down so Chris at Bluepower is the guy to talk to these days. How much are you looking to spend? The best value for money for these are...

Bluepower cai.
Induction pipe, there is a good guide on fordforums.com.au on how to make one since you can't get an ACE one anymore.
Di Filippo exhaust, Big Boy is the best way to go but might be a lil to noisy
Custom flash tune

All that and you will have around 220-225rwkw.

And then if you want to take it further you can get...

Underdrives
3000 stallie
4.10lsd

You should have a weapon on the road and low - mid 12's in race trim with slicks and front runners :)

I do believe the Fairmont Ghia's came out with 3.46lsd, and great price too! Makes me a lil jealous haha

huh?

why did ACE close down?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]