Fordmods Logo

HOW TO REMOVE SPEED LIMITER IN NF V8 ? 

Page 2 of 4 [ 58 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

All the people saying no need to go past 180km/h... I exceed that speed all the time down the quarter.. but then again a stock NF V8 isn't going get anywhere near that speed in the same situation.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

fnp wrote:
All the people saying no need to go past 180km/h... I exceed that speed all the time down the quarter.. but then again a stock NF V8 isn't going get anywhere near that speed in the same situation.

In what car? BA has two piece tail shaft, all factory E series cars are fitted with a long single piece tail shaft, they are known to let go at speeds over 180kmh (search for Datamine's tail shaft failure in an EL), non speed limited SWB cars are fitted with an alloy shaft, most LWB cars fitted with an alloy shaft are still speed limited.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 94 ED Fairmont, MY97 LE WRX

VIC, Australia

5litreNF wrote:
where i live you can do 185 + easily. open long vacant roads.... bloody commondores roaring past at 210...... thats why i want more than 185 :)
Cough*Cough*Cough f**k Wit Cough*Cough

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

a nf 5l would be lucky to pass 150km/h at the end of the quater let alone 180km/h.
trust me, you dont understand how bad big family/lux cars handel until you drive a proper sports car.
f**k i trust my focus at high speeds more then i did my au or ef.
btw your not proving your self cool by saying that youve past 180km/h.
im sure many if not most users here have hit the speed limiter on their cars but arent proud for doing so

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Macca wrote:
fnp wrote:

In what car? BA has two piece tail shaft, all factory E series cars are fitted with a long single piece tail shaft, they are known to let go at speeds over 180kmh (search for Datamine's tail shaft failure in an EL), non speed limited SWB cars are fitted with an alloy shaft, most LWB cars fitted with an alloy shaft are still speed limited.

In my XR6T. I know BA XR's and a lwb E-series arn't really comparable but I was just trying to point out that there are situations where you might want to exceed the speed limiter. Another example could be on the dyno (where datamine's shaft let go), if its done in third gear (direct drive) then the BTR box and factory diff ratios will have around 200-ish at the wheels pulling redline. Of course if your going to do this sort of thing in your E-series (lots of dyno runs and 12 second quarter miles) there's an excellent case to be made for an aftermarket two peice tailshaft or at the very least a tailshaft loop.

BA XR6T and XR8 are limited to 230km/h too, but I'm not sure if thats for any mechanical reason or just to keep the greenies and Harold Scruby happy. If it makes any difference BA sedans and n/a XR6 are limited to 200km/h and the FPVs to 250km/h. Not sure on the utes.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

righto im a f**k then. my car is very low, im a pedders wheel alignment tech, i know how to set up my fairlane for best handling. i have had it at 185 kms an hour, very quiet very smooth , not a hint of losing anything. im sorry if you guys think im a f**k,. not everyone is perfect.

95' FORD FAIRLANE GHIA 5 LITRES OF GRUNT LOWERED, 18 INCH MENIS WHEELS , MOD EXAUST , NAVY BLUE. FAST!

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok then f**k, it might be a good idea to blur out your number plate on the car in your gallery. not very smart leaving them showing while saying that you reguarly do 180km/h
btw the standard speed limiter is 180km/h not 185

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

4dlvr wrote:
ok then f**k, it might be a good idea to blur out your number plate on the car in your gallery. not very smart leaving them showing while saying that you reguarly do 180km/h
btw the standard speed limiter is 180km/h not 185

NNH-314 :lol:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

95 nf fairlane 5l v8, numberplates NNH-31.
ill be sure to report that to my local police station asap
thanx slick

96 EF FAIRMONT
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

4dlvr- your a wanker mate, if you have nothing good to say then keep it to yourself no one wants to hear you be a tuff man and try and put this guy down. Wake up to yourself.
I hit my speed limiter in my BA XR6 Turbo every now and then and i was very disapointed when my Flash Tuner didnt remove the limiter.
As for the limiters in the BA's utes are the same i think well in the XR's cos my brothers is 230 as well (XR8) I think the FPV dont actually have one even though they say they do cos i remeber readng that lowndes test drove one in the NT (when there still was no limit) and he hit either 255 or 265km/h

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:55 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: F150 EL mont&2001 cobra

QLD, Australia

Why are you blokes up this poor barstard.
don't tell me V8 workshop is going the same way as the 6 cylinder workshop.

Smoken the hides in top gear

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

griffo161 wrote:
4dlvr- your a wanker mate, if you have nothing good to say then keep it to yourself no one wants to hear you be a tuff man and try and put this guy down. Wake up to yourself.

Cant agree more, especially since you posted this at the start of the thread :roll:

Quote:
you have a need to go beyond 180kph????

4dlvr wrote:
everyone does, its just not many have the chance to do it

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 221 rwkw

ACT, Australia

xh5lwepn- I never posted anything at the begining of the thread, that was my 1st post in the thread so i dont know what ur on about.

Also redroo your a tool and shut the f**k up wanker, as said before if your not going to put in anything but s**t talk to this thread dont say anything at all.

I have had my old mans 4.0L Fairlane up to 200 and it felt fine so i dont see why it would hurt for him to have his up to and beyond that speed but maybe if you plain on doing it often then you should look at up grading your tailshaft for added safey

ED XR6 manual for sale. MOMO steering wheel and alot of extra's. PM for more info.

BA XR6 Turbo- 238.8rwkw

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

griffo161 wrote:
xh5lwepn- I never posted anything at the begining of the thread, that was my 1st post in the thread so i dont know what ur on about.

Read it properly mate, then you'll understand i was agreeing with your post :roll:

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dont have a sook blokes, i have felt the need to push the car to the speedlimiter many times. but unlike you maniacs, i have the decency not to, for my sake and more importently others.
if you dont like seeing comodores flying past you at 210km/h then buy a comodore simple.
where and where in in melbourne are you going to legealy exceed 180km/h in a nf??? i cant even think of a track in melbourne which you would be able to with a nf.
brakes in e-series cars are just s**t, the things over heat in a matter of seconds when traveling at high speed.
a car like that is simply not designd to travel that fast
if you want to speed, do it the right was, go to northern terratory, no speed limits. n flog the f@*k out of your car.
ive been doing civil engineering for two years now and i can confidently warn you that no victorian road is safe to travel 180km/h on.
thats my 2c worth.
griffo161 your the wanker, i think of others before my self. please explain to me how thats a bad thing.
i couldnt care less if yous think im a wanker

96 EF FAIRMONT
232rwkw@4psi

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next