Fordmods Logo

HOW TO REMOVE SPEED LIMITER IN NF V8 ? 

Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

My eb v8 doesnt have a limiter at all

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

Being a LWB even an standard 3 1/4" alloy shaft isnt recommended at those speeds (some of the E series GT's had the 3 1/4: witha carbon fifbre wrap to handle higher speeds). A 3 3/4" alloy may be sufficient with a loop but personally a 2 peice Driveshaft out a a BA XR8 or XR6T would be alot safer. Most of the series 1 had the adaptor fitted to suit the 4 bolt diff flange but length and centre bearing mount may be an issue.

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

joolz wrote:
Being a LWB even an standard 3 1/4" alloy shaft isnt recommended at those speeds (some of the E series GT's had the 3 1/4: witha carbon fifbre wrap to handle higher speeds). A 3 3/4" alloy may be sufficient with a loop but personally a 2 peice Driveshaft out a a BA XR8 or XR6T would be alot safer. Most of the series 1 had the adaptor fitted to suit the 4 bolt diff flange but length and centre bearing mount may be an issue.

Take your advice from this guy, he knows EXACTLY what hes talking about, its his job!!
- Ash

Sucessful trades with Schmee, Braidy, Niko, The_Ghost, YBHVE4, Stalker

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:49 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
4dvlr wrote:
ive been doing civil engineering for two years now and i can confidently warn you that no victorian road is safe to travel 180km/h on.
thats my 2c worth.

They do civil engineering in high school now?

they do actually lol

i did it bout 7 years ago

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:34 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

4dlvr wrote:
ok then f**k, it might be a good idea to blur out your number plate on the car in your gallery. not very smart leaving them showing while saying that you reguarly do 180km/h
btw the standard speed limiter is 180km/h not 185

Standard speed limiter on a NL Fairlane I dumped the ECU of, was 170km/h.

The long tail shaft is not high speed friendly.

If you want to go fast buy a go fast car, a Fairlane is not a go fast car.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

are these mythical 3 peice shafts out there i want one lol

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

Young people these days have no idea what a dangerous car is. Try basically any car from the 60's or 70's that had bulk horsepower, no brakes, crap suspension, eg my old HQ was like a wallowing boat in the ocean with drum brakes!!! Almost any car from the late 80's onwards is 100 times safer than them. E series falcons are so much safer than the cars I grew up in what a lot of pussies.
I have tried out every car I have had, what MAN wouldn't? In the Northern Territory I overtook police trucks at 150 plus. I drive very sedately on the congested dangerous roads of everyday Melbourne. But we all give it a go when the conditions are right. Away from everyone on a deserted road that is smooth, straight and free of potholes. I have done about 1,000,000 klm over the past 21 years and written off one car about 6 years ago..... Having kids really slowed me down. I havent had the pleasure of trying out the new Territory yet and am unlikely to for quite some time... if ever.
But seriously some of you need to get over yourselves and remember there is a time and a place for things.... not the Westgate freeway... EVER.

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:49 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
XR9UTE wrote:
The quick way to disable the limter is to put a switch in your VSS line to the EEC and switch it off. No speed signal...no limit.

Pete.

Then your speedo would read 0km/h wouldn't it?

The only opportunity I can see in getting a stock LWB past 180km/h would be if you were to run it on the salt.

Nope, cut the line to the EEC, not the speedo.

would this cause any problems at all with the running of the car?

Not really but the idea is to switch it back on when your speed drops below the limited speed again.

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:46 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

The most idiotic thread ive ever read.
Why would you want to remove the speed limiter for? Unless you want a tailshaft wrapped around your head or if the front yolk explodes having the car catapult to the moon??????????
There slow cumbersome vehicles that aren't made to travel at those speeds and thats it .

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:59 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: (s)

ACT, Australia

Fairlanes are for cruising. That is why I ditched my idea of doing up my fairlane to become a drag strip beast. It just wasn't right. I too wanted to hit over 180km/h on the strip but to afford the HP to do that was ridiculous. Some of you may have remembered my CAPA supercharger kit posts from last year. I had a tail shaft loop in the works for it but realized how stupid a super fast fairlane really is. They just aren't fun to drive. If you wanna go fast in an E series, get an XR6 or XR8 and do that up. And leave the high speeds for the track. Doing 180km/h in a Fairlane on a public road is GHEY.

NL 5.0

ZA 289

Ninja ZX7-R

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Oustide Australia

I'll post up some pictures of what happens when a car with 4 teenagers in it hits a tree at 150km/hr. How about some pictures of an A pillar that has gone through someones head, with fragments of windscreen and other items lodged in the half a brain that's still left. Or maybe one of a head that has hit a steering wheel so hard the eye balls have dislodged.

I'll post up some audio recordings of what happens to normal joe bloggs when you tell them that their loved ones are dead.

I'll challenge anyone on here that wants to remove limiters and do stupid speeds to visit the morgue or contact a local serious crash unit and have a look at the end results.

It is all well and good to want to do these stupid speeds on a public road and many of todays cars could do them with ease. All it takes is for you to hit something on the road or other mechanical failure...the consequences are shocking and it is usually the stupid f**k that end up killing others and living themselves.

Time to wake up and realise that you are not the only person on the roads. How would you feel if you lost a family member because of someone wanting to remove speed limiters?

Under normal driving conditions at 100 km/hr you barely have enough time to react to what is 1 second in front of you i.e 20-30m and your field of vision narrows to a very small angle to the point where you can not process anything that exists on the side of the roads. At 180km/hr you are traveling 50m every second. By the time you even try and steer/brake around something you have already traveled between 100-200m.

The faster you go the bigger the mess.

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 66 Coupe

WA, Australia

Theres two sides to it, dazza above has very valid points, but theres also valid reasons for removing the speed limiter, I have numerous customers that we have removed the speed limiters because of the fact that they are running 3.7 or 3.9 diff ratio's and the factory limiter would cut in at around 140 to 150km/h which was causing a problem at the drag strip. In any case they are warned about the dangers of tailshafts failing, and advised to fit two tailshaft loops in the event that it does let go.

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

A car is whatever that person wants it to be. No reason why it can't be a fast cruiser.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4