Fordmods Logo

Importing heads from the US, freight cost? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:29 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 4.0 EL/dads taxi

QLD, Australia

Why not get heads here in aus. A lot of companies buy the program from US and CNC them over here try our sponsors (direct contact in the forums) or get Just Parts and have a look.

What you potentially save from importing might not cover the s**t fight if anything goes base over apex

Grumbles

The thunder of .05 will echoe around Bathurst for ever.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

grumblebum04 wrote:
Why not get heads here in aus. A lot of companies buy the program from US and CNC them over here try our sponsors (direct contact in the forums) or get Just Parts and have a look.

What you potentially save from importing might not cover the s**t fight if anything goes base over apex

Grumbles

Cheapest I have seen Pro Topline heads hear is about $1900 a pair "bare", these are stock heads, not cnc ported, I can get standard 215cc complete heads for under $1100AUD, even with import duties and freight etc I will be paying much less than the cheapest bare heads, I can actually get complete CNC ported heads landed for little more than the bare heads here.

If the companies weren't out for so much profit I would look at them here, the closest price wise alloy heads in Australia are the Chinese produced Pro Comp heads, I can still land quality Por Topline heads in Australia for less, if you can find me a better deal please post it up in here, I do believe in buying here but where do the companies justify the price difference when they can freight them here cheaper (bulk on a container ship etc), get the 10% GST back, and probably purchase the heads cheaper in the first place due to bulk orders.

I can actually purchase those Pro Comp heads in the US and import them to here cheaper than purchasing them here, now you work it out, they get them shipped to Australia from China then send them to the US, the heads end up doing more overseas ship travelling than most Aussies ever do in their lifetime.

They sell those Pro Comp heads on average for about $800US (roughly $977AUD) complete, with freight etc they would end up cheaper than here, so I can not see why we shouldn't be able to purchase them here for around a $1000AUD, considering they didn't have to send them to the US.

Wouldn't that piss off that MickWebb ebay "wanker" when that turkey tries to sell standard AU GT40P heads (Not the YellaTerra ported versions) for $1500.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BTW I wasn't having a go at our sponsors prices etc, as I do not know of them selling anything of comparison.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)

Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

Macca wrote:
BTW I wasn't having a go at our sponsors prices etc, as I do not know of them selling anything of comparison.
same deal with some car tyres,made in nz and take a trip to usa and come back,imported and extra $$$$$

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
Macca wrote:
same deal with some car tyres,made in nz and take a trip to usa and come back,imported and extra $$$$$

I a curious, what brand or brands do this? Wouldn't we like to somehow get them cheaper by bypassing the trip to US, whoever sells them could still make a killing.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3