Fordmods Logo

Initial Start/ Run In Proceedure - Rebuilt Cleveland 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

XeTurbo wrote:
Thanks very much for all the help!! I have done my initial run in and im very happy with the results!! see you all at nats!

Make sure never to use synthetic until all the micro abbrasive surface has worn of.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Depending on what the engine is? Would depend on whether synthetic should be used. I personally wouldn't use synthetic in a cleveland again. $60 for 4 or maybe 5lt and I didn't even get 1000k's use from it. The cleveland's seal design doesn't hold oil that thin in :(

It'd stay in if all mating surfaces were sealed with silicone but I'm not keen on too much silicone. I've seen what it does when it goes wrong. The last thing you need is loose silicone covering the oil pickup. The best one I saw was a 350 chev. May as well have siliconed up the oil pick up. :D

XB Fairmont sedan 11.07@123.02mph

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

brenx wrote:
Depending on what the engine is? Would depend on whether synthetic should be used. I personally wouldn't use synthetic in a cleveland again. $60 for 4 or maybe 5lt and I didn't even get 1000k's use from it. The cleveland's seal design doesn't hold oil that thin in :(

It'd stay in if all mating surfaces were sealed with silicone but I'm not keen on too much silicone. I've seen what it does when it goes wrong. The last thing you need is loose silicone covering the oil pickup. The best one I saw was a 350 chev. May as well have siliconed up the oil pick up. :D

Yeah i'm the same, although i do use a high grade silicone on the ends of the intake instead of gaskets on the Clevo, the "Ultra" sensor safe silicones are excellent, can't take it off with a grinder and doesn't break down with oil and even fuel for that matter.

The VS 5.0 were a bad design, Holden use that pissy rubber gasket which breaks up into a soft silicone, i'd be lucky to fit my thumb through the hole in the oil pickup so it doesn't take much to completely block it.

Used to do it for a living Smiley, but lost interest after doing it for so many years, now i stick to the small jobs like brakes, in and out in an hour. I still have all my tools, press, engine crane, brake lathe, i've got almost every tool you can think of but i'll never sell them.
I'm not as keen as what i was when i was younger, if i were my Lane would have been stripped down in the first week, i've had it about 8 months and haven't even done the exhaust... The missus is nagging about that so i'll do it sometime in January.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

nice, the missus is actually wants you to mod it, well, im slowly but surely building up the tool a***, an expensive habit that.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah she wants the exhaust on badly, she's no stranger to an 8, she had a VH SLE 5.0 before we got the EF.
She used to drive my XD to work, every night coming home there was a wank in a VN 5.0 and he always tried to beat her, he never did lol.

Good to see you're all up and running XeTurbo, i'm slowly but surely starting to get the bug back to start on mine.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

And I thought I could keep motoman secrets all to myself for the last 3 years. :oops: LOL

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8 & 06 4x4 Bravo

VIC, Australia

A mate of mine used the theory 'Drive it as hard as you can without using the brakes'..

I just put a reco engine in my EF 2000kms ago, just drove it normally, haven't revved it over 4250 RPM yet. I got a dizzy out of an EL to build Oil Pressure, it had Oil Pressure with about half a turn, so the must of used Vaseline in the Oil Pump :)

'04 BA XR8
Winter White, 5 Speed Manual, Sports Leather, Premium Sound, 2 1/2" Cat Back Exh - no rear Mufflers, Lowered SL/SSL, 20's, Underdrives, BF Typhoon Rear Spoiler, GT Steering Wheel, etc.

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Just be sure to do an oil change around the 2K mark, gets the daggies out before they start to play havoc with ur bearings.

I couldnt fix your brakes so I made your horn louder

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8 & 06 4x4 Bravo

VIC, Australia

MikGan wrote:
Just be sure to do an oil change around the 2K mark, gets the daggies out before they start to play havoc with ur bearings.

I changed mine at 1000km then it will be every 5000km from there..

'04 BA XR8
Winter White, 5 Speed Manual, Sports Leather, Premium Sound, 2 1/2" Cat Back Exh - no rear Mufflers, Lowered SL/SSL, 20's, Underdrives, BF Typhoon Rear Spoiler, GT Steering Wheel, etc.

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah i think 2k is too long, i usually go between 500 and 1000, then again at 2k, then 5k.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2