Fordmods Logo

jaycar engine tuning moduals. anyone tried em? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: jaycar engine tuning moduals. anyone tried em?
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

im in the process of building up a few moduals i brought from jaycar. so far ive built the air/fuel mixture display. im about to instal it and it conects to the maf sensor and o2 sensor. just wondering if any one has hooked one of these up if i need both o2 sesors or jus the one? not sure entirely what to do here

however this linked with there digital fuel adjuster you can change you fuel map under any load point. so you can be driving and see if it is leaning out under load so you can adjust it to suit. you also have to build a hand controler. there is also a kit for the ignition timing. and there is a kit that displays the percentage that the injectors are workin at so you no if the have maxed out before they should be so you no when its time to ugrage the fuel system

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

How would this compare to
http://www.msefi.com/index.php
Price wise etc.. Atleast M/S have forum etc??

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

well the jaycar stuff is a cost effective tuning thing. instead of splashing out on microtech and shiit like that all need is a few of their moduals that will let you do basically the same thing. you use the same ecu, same wiring. its just that the type of ecu ford uses is the pre ba ( i think) doesnt allow much for tuning being the eec-v. plug in chip offer good power increase but dont offer any tuning unless you take it somewhere like chiptorque. their chips alone are like 600 bucks. the jaycar stuff will cost between 30 to 90 bucks per item

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Going to be blunt, but it doesn't sound like you know what you're doing at the moment. It's money or a damaged engine..

You know the reason why a LOT of people can't figure out or can't bother figuring out the EEC-V and before is that the main chip in these ECUs are actually from projected missiles in the made in the states. Which is why it's hard to get any information on them to tune for our "relatively basic" cars.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

yer you are right i dont really know what im doin with this stuff at the moment and i dont know how it works it just does. im tryin my best to explain it all coz this is a new thing to me and apparently to most people. but however hard it is to figure out the brains of the eec-v these things can do it and allow simple adjustment via a hand control. once you wire up either the fuel adjuster or the ignition modual you can see the standard map on the hand contoler and it shows up as a numbered increment per load point. it took me a while to understand how it really works and it is pretty simple but im probably not doin much justice for it trying to explain how it works on here. you really have to read the perfomance issue on all of jaycars electronic bit for cars.

i was a bit iffy about these things at first as my brother introduced me to the idea and he is a few steaps ahead of me so i got him to get a few things woking to convince me that its worth while havin a go at it. he has an xd with an eb xr6 motor in it and it is heavily worked but hes had some issuse with the computer and it is leaning out like what my car is doin and it shows on the air/fuel mixture display. this is where the digital fuel adjuster comes in

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Run 2 O2 sensors, they work well. Do not touch the MAF with the digital interceptor. Leave the rst alone. Using this stuff on the street will destroy your engine if you do not know what you are doing. Spend the coin and get what is needed for your application. Remember, you get what you pay for
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

how do you hook up both o2 sensors like join up two wires or something? plus do you no which ones to use? there are 2 blacks and a white on the o2 sensors on 4 wires on the maf sensor ones red, ones black, ones red and green i think and im not sure about the last

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Build 2 modules, then hook them up. 1 to each side
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:26 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: anything with a engine

QLD, Australia

As mentioned above check out megasquirt http://www.msefi.com/index.php it is a fully programable ECU that can be bought as a kit for US$250. I have used them on a few different cars with good results including an EF turbo I6.

For Sale; EF Plug and Play Megasquirt ECU Package. Includes ECU, adaptor loom, base tune, software.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]