Fordmods Logo

John Goss Special BF falcon 

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

If the XF had a factory fitted V8 it would be worth more than any XD/XE V8 except for the 5.8 ESP's.

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

the xf unleaded efi motor put out 1kw more than the vl 5.0 anyway and went just as hard if not harder. 121kw v 120kw. the ea mpefi s pack 5 sp could also run with the stock vn 5.0. 139kw v 165kw. it wasn't so much about the performance as such. sure the vn's were quicker than the 6 cyl fords but even today with the soaring petrol prices, aussies love their v8's. people predicted they would become worthless with the price of fuel where it is but the opposite is almost true.

dropping the v8 from the line up on paper may have been the right thing to do but they learned that regardless of how good the 6cyl may be it will never substitute the v8.

i also heard a rumour (actually voiced by a journo in a popular motoring mag) that the v8 could be dropped again but you would think by doing that ford would be falling on their sword.

one thing is for sure though. from what i've heard the boss doesn't fit or is not viable for the orion/2008 falcon.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:38 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

prydey wrote:
the xf unleaded efi motor put out 1kw more than the vl 5.0 anyway and went just as hard if not harder. 121kw v 120kw. the ea mpefi s pack 5 sp could also run with the stock vn 5.0. 139kw v 165kw. it wasn't so much about the performance as such. sure the vn's were quicker than the 6 cyl fords but even today with the soaring petrol prices, aussies love their v8's. people predicted they would become worthless with the price of fuel where it is but the opposite is almost true.

dropping the v8 from the line up on paper may have been the right thing to do but they learned that regardless of how good the 6cyl may be it will never substitute the v8.

i also heard a rumour (actually voiced by a journo in a popular motoring mag) that the v8 could be dropped again but you would think by doing that ford would be falling on their sword.

one thing is for sure though. from what i've heard the boss doesn't fit or is not viable for the orion/2008 falcon.

nothing like the ride you feel in a V8 over a i6 it has a diffrent feel altogeather

BANNED

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Oh s**t yeah. I can vouch for that. Drove a stock VR V8 once and it made all the right noises. I'd love to put a EBV8 into an XF one day, I don't care if its stock apart from the exhaust, as long as it makes the right noises and puts a smile on my dial when I'm frying old taxi rubber then I couldn't be a happier man.

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

hence my current ride 8-)

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Fairlane NC

VIC, Australia

driven a few v8's, wish i had'nt spent so much on my current i6 boat anchor. i can tell u my next one will be an 8, just love the feel and the rumble

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

xb-coupe-351 wrote:
Sorry to dissapoint, but the John goss thing will be happening, as they are already taking deposits at the ford dealer as we speak, Peter Warren at Liverpool contacted me (I have contacts there), asking if I wanted one I better get down there and put a deposit down before its too late again (I missed out on the BF GT40, but am on the waiting list Australia wide if one one becomes available)

Heared no mention of a cobra, but if they will build one will it be like the original...grossly overpriced and underpowered???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again, we have taken 2 deposits for a cobra.

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Blokes, if it's sound you get off on, have a go at an XR6 Turbo.

While there really isn't anything quite like the feel and sound of a V8, there really isn't anything quite like the sound and feel of the XR6 Turbs. :D

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

But yeah, enough with the war paint specials already!

What do we want from the BOSS?

MORE POWER!

When do we want it?

Now would be good, but I suppose we can hang out until Orion...

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Talking basically standard engines here guys. There is no real dramas with the boss engine itself. You will actually find that it takes a very good engine to move a heavy car. My XR8 actually boogies really well compared to my old SV8. The BA is a hard bugger to get off the line without fuss. Instead of upping the wheel diameter, Ford should go for width as 235s or 245s simply dont cut it when you are trying to launch a barge.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: eb2xr6

New Zealand

:? they really should make a lowndzy model,,,and a car thats moer than a sticker n diffrnt colourd stictching on the seats..he won after all the lions reign on the mountain ,,,if they mak a goss falcon then someone there at ford deserves a slap :lol:

save petrol and reduce congestion....bury all holden

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:40 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

4nik8 wrote:
:? they really should make a lowndzy model,,,and a car thats moer than a sticker n diffrnt colourd stictching on the seats..he won after all the lions reign on the mountain ,,,if they mak a goss falcon then someone there at ford deserves a slap :lol:

Quite right....too much looking to the past when they should be proud of the present. A Coupe body and the GT500 engine and no stripes at all would be just the shot I reckon 8-)

Pete.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2