Fordmods Logo

John Goss Special BF falcon 

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: John Goss Special BF falcon
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:54 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

Got a phone call from one of my contacts at ford today.....he suggested that a limited edition BF JGS Falcon is going to be reased as soon as production of the 200 GT40's is completed...

Did not know weather it was going to be based on the GT or XR8, Ford must really be trying to cash in on the whole Muscle Car Craze at the moment.....word has it that the colours will be similar to the old XB JGS Hardtops.

Not sure but word has it that Ford is seriously considering dropping the V8 and the GT name alltogether, and this could be a way of getting rid of the last of the V8's and associated body shells

What do you guys think about it.....seems like flogging a dead horse to me....

Here is the original for those too young to remember:

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Surf, Turbo Diesel

VIC, Australia

if its a 2 door
and still be unique

not just a 2 door falcon (like the new monaro)

thats would be awesome as

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

no way would ford drop the v8

they did that once and it f**k em up!

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:29 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

chunkz wrote:
if its a 2 door
and still be unique

Sorry mate but I doubt there will be any 2 door shells left over that ford need to get rid of prior to new model release...

And I doubt they will design and tool up for a 2 door in the last weeks of the run out of the bf...

These cars are being build according to Ford, and they will be a bf!

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3V Tunna

VIC, Australia

chunkz wrote:
if its a 2 door
and still be unique

yeah thats the thing... it HAS to be a genuine coupe...

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

My $0.02, if Ford are serious about doing this, I'd rather see it done to commemorate Lowndes's Bathurst win last year. Just as the John Goss Special was a styling exercise to move cars after his 74 Bathurst win, the same could be done for the current generation.

Honestly, no discredit from Gossy, but ask any V8 Supercar viewer under the age of 28 who John Goss is and you'll most likely get a blank look.

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
My $0.02, if Ford are serious about doing this, I'd rather see it done to commemorate Lowndes's Bathurst win last year. Just as the John Goss Special was a styling exercise to move cars after his 74 Bathurst win, the same could be done for the current generation.

Honestly, no discredit from Gossy, but ask any V8 Supercar viewer under the age of 28 who John Goss is and you'll most likely get a blank look.
my thoughts exactly... why would you do two different models commemerating the same driver decades apart?

let live a lowndsy special addtion GT.. :D 8-)

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

Don't know where you got this information.
Ford are doing a 30th anniversary cobra for the bf runout. Will be the same as the 40th edition GT, except blue with white stripes, will get the R spec handling package, and either an american ford inspired supercharged v8, or an engine similar to the djr320.

They are not dropping the v8, but they need to get rid of the current boss engines, as they are bringing gt power over 300 for orion, and they need to revise the head or something to make it still meet euro3.

That's what I've heard, working for a ford dealership that has had close ties with for for over 45 years.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

i reckon it's all rumours.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
Ford are doing a 30th anniversary cobra for the bf runout. Will be the same as the 40th edition GT, except blue with white stripes, will get the R spec handling package, and either an american ford inspired supercharged v8, or an engine similar to the djr320.

They are not dropping the v8, but they need to get rid of the current boss engines, as they are bringing gt power over 300 for orion, and they need to revise the head or something to make it still meet euro3.

That's what I've heard, working for a ford dealership that has had close ties with for for over 45 years.

Now this sounds more reasonable. But why would the cobra have more balls then the GT when 30 years ago it was the other way around?

Ford got burnt once with dropping the V8 and they will never make that mistake again. They will wait for either Holden to drop the 8 or ford US to force them to drop it before they even consider dropping the 8 again.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Mustang

NSW, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:

* Gives a Blank look lol

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Mustang

NSW, Australia

Soulfire wrote:

Ive seen the cobra, and its silver with white stripes, atleast the concept was. Not sure if it has even been decided that it is going into production. Its just a concept atm.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:36 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Sorry to dissapoint, but the John goss thing will be happening, as they are already taking deposits at the ford dealer as we speak, Peter Warren at Liverpool contacted me (I have contacts there), asking if I wanted one I better get down there and put a deposit down before its too late again (I missed out on the BF GT40, but am on the waiting list Australia wide if one one becomes available)

Heared no mention of a cobra, but if they will build one will it be like the original...grossly overpriced and underpowered???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:07 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Great more barges with boat anchors!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry Ford but new war paint willn't cut it! Emission/noise laws have extinguished the great aussie v8 and turned it into a soft C**k car.
A small development budget doesn't help either. Theres a multitude of excuses why ford is resting on its laurels, not good enough!
just because you have 3 more cams and 16 more valves doesn't mean your nesceserily better then the competition.

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:00 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
no way would ford drop the v8

they did that once and it f**k em up!

that was in the XF big stuff up that was

BANNED

Sort by