lpg start up problem 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: lpg start up problem
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NC II Fairlane

NSW, Australia

gday all

when i go to start my car in the morning it turns over ,starts ,revs then dies then wont start again. but when i change to petrol it starts fine .
as well when i am driving along with petrol and want to switch it to lpg it does switch over but doesnt go ,like the revs go to idle stage then slowly start to drop so i go back to petrol.
im thinking it could be that valve thingamigigy but any help would be gratefully appreciated.
cant afford 117c a litre for petty.

cheers

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Now with el thermos fitted.

Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: DL LTD

VIC, Australia

My friend has LPG on his car. He tells me that you should start on petrol then switch to gas after a couple of seconds (some systems will start on petrol no matter where the switch is set and then switch to gas if required). also that you should change to gas when above 1500 revs in neutral. Apparently thats how fuel systems switch best.

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

turned out to be a loose earth

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:30 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Pursuit 250

NSW, Australia

Hey dude I had a system on my 5.8 clevo that was not an impco system. Cant remeber the brand but it was a positive pressure system where all the adjustments were done on the converter. If yours is a similar system you might have the same problem I did. This system used an electro magnet device that when you switched over power was applied and it caused a needle valve to move allowing gas flow. If the electro magnet went on the blink you were stuffed and it cost about $25 for a newy. If this sounds like the same P.M me and give a bit more detail to you.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:45 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: NC fairlane + f150 4X4

VIC, Australia

worse thing is when your on straight gass and the soleniod goes on the tank. had to refit the petrol tank fuel pump and a carby just to drive it to the lpg place then take it all off again.

If mistakes are the best way to learn why the hell arn't I a freekin genius yet.

I AM THE SPELLING KING BEHOLD MY
ineqati-inekwati-enequoati.....crapness!

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

paulhowes wrote:
Hey dude I had a system on my 5.8 clevo that was not an impco system. Cant remeber the brand but it was a positive pressure system where all the adjustments were done on the converter. If yours is a similar system you might have the same problem I did. This system used an electro magnet device that when you switched over power was applied and it caused a needle valve to move allowing gas flow. If the electro magnet went on the blink you were stuffed and it cost about $25 for a newy. If this sounds like the same P.M me and give a bit more detail to you.

its all good mate,like i said it was a loose earth causing it to drop out,it was a easy 5 min fix

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]