Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: lpg vapouriser/converter to small
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: NC fairlane + f150 4X4

VIC, Australia

g'day cobbers

before I went straight gas I had a 465 holley on the ftruck and ir pulled like a train down low (for a 302). when I went straight gas (425 impco mixer and the old converter which was off a 300a setup) I lost a heep of torque all over the rev range but especialy down low.

I know the converter is to small but I would have thought that would have only effected the top end. do you reckon they tuned the thing soft to get me to buy a new mixer. it's very cheep to run which means it's probebly as lean as you could get but if a lean tune means power why does it feel so weak.

If mistakes are the best way to learn why the hell arn't I a freekin genius yet.

I AM THE SPELLING KING BEHOLD MY
ineqati-inekwati-enequoati.....crapness!

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I think you answered your own question about the converter :wink:
Try a bigger converter and recurve your dizzy for gas and you should be impressed, if you think you need more try running tunnelrams with twin converters and twin 425's it gives you the low down and should still cruze to economy.
just my .02 8-)

You D'a Man........

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

ACT, Australia

My old 300A system used a B2 or similar and they are rated at 300HP. I would suspect that your tune is crap. The 302 should go very well with a 425, on a 351 they can become a bit small but a 302 should be sweet

running tunnel ram is cool but you will loose low end in exchange for more top end.

with gas lean doesn't mean power, lean means colder burn rich means hotter, its the opposite of gasoline.

Put a light on it you want a max total advance of 30 I think?? see what it is set at and go from there if the dizzy isn't graphed for gas then you'll either have too much total advance which will hurt power but prob go well down low, or too much retard which will go well up top but dog down low! Or somewhere inbetween. The dizzy must be curved correctly for LPG to work.

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:15 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

static 14 to low 30's is good for gas but you want to loosen the spring for quick advance.

You D'a Man........

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:55 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

the dizzy has been curved for gas and it was supposedly tuned on a dyno at the gas place. and havn't checked it since. will have to stick a light on it tomorrow. might try and give the power valve a little tweek to richen it up and see what I get. thanks for the help guy's.

If mistakes are the best way to learn why the hell arn't I a freekin genius yet.

Post subject: lpg
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: NEW MACHINE 323i GOES HELL FAST

Power: 169 rwkw

SA, Australia

dalesf150 wrote:
the dizzy has been curved for gas and it was supposedly tuned on a dyno at the gas place. and havn't checked it since. will have to stick a light on it tomorrow. might try and give the power valve a little tweek to richen it up and see what I get. thanks for the help guy's.

yeah i run a 425 feed back on a 351 w and works a treat just got to watch out 4 back fire on start up & :roll: watch out for vaccie leaks .whats this about curved dizzy?

eb 4.0 falcon & f150 351 & caprice 5.0

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:34 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

the curved dizzy is just as the other guy's said lighter springs for the mechanical advance so all the advance comes in earlier plus the initial timing is usualy set higher.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]