Fordmods Logo

Manta Twin 2.5" Exhaust for E-Series V8 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Manta Twin 2.5" Exhaust for E-Series V8
Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Hey Guys

I am looking to get a Manta twin 2.5" exhaust system with Pacemaker Extractors and MetalCat Cats. Anyone used or heard of Manta Exhausts? It was recommended to me by the Exhaust Shop I am thinking of using. I never knew of any company to make an off the shelf twin 2.5" exhaust system for the E-Series V8's.

Don't want to buy it and install it only to find that it doesn't sound good.

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

The last Manta system I heard was on a standard VY 5.7L It had a decent enough note under acceleration but the idle was quite 'fluffy'.

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:12 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

A mate of mine has a Manta system on his BF GT with HM 4-2-1 headers. It sounds beefy for sure. Haven't actually heard an E-series manta system though.

Post subject: exhaust
Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Never heared of this system before.

How much is it worth???

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:43 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

The manta systems I have seen look like good quality. I've only seen the 304 stainless stuff. Although it seems to me that $1450 is a lot of money for a system. I'd rather pay less for 304 that isn't polished...I means it's only going to get covered in s**t anyway.
What have you done to your engine to warrant using a twin 2.5" exhaust?

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

I will be running Edelbrock RPM heads with a Kenne Bell Supercharger running 8psi on a GT40 lower manifold. Camshaft haven't decided yet but that is the general idea, keeping it a 5.0L (no stroker).

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:52 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

I would be getting the mild steel version anyhow.

Not sure if I should get the system custom made with Magnaflow mufflers and resonator or just get an off the shelf Manta system. Would be disappointing if it didn't sound good. Looking for the deep v8 burble at idle and a nice roar when on the pedal

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:08 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

Ahh supoib! that'll go great...even with the stock cam.
Well I wouldn't get a mild steel system whatever I did. The stainless system may be more but I think a grand for a mild steel system is even more of an insult.
I can vouch for the BF stainless system sounding good.

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:32 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

XR9UTE, yeah even with the stock cam with 1.7 rr in a mustang yields awesome times. I have read on Corral about a 93 Mustang with the same edelbrock heads, kenne bell blower, 1.7rr, exhaust, extractors, stock cam running 11.95sec 1/4 mile. I should think in an EL Fairmont Ghia would be in the late 12's or mid 13's depending on other factors.

Not sure if the manta exhaust is worth that amount of money mild steel but I would think getting a custom made twin 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers and resonator would be a lot more $$$ wouldn't it??

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:03 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU S2 XR8

WA, Australia

hey mate, i recently got a bolt on manta twin 2.5" for my AU, and rate it highly! the note is awesome, all mandrel bent, the only prob i have is it taps my aftermarket towbar when its hot but i'll be fixing that soon enough. (the guy at the shop said he could cut 10mm out of the centre to fix it but i wanna pull the towbar off anyways) i got the full system for $2100 thats with pacemaker tuned length extractors and high flow cats. heres a quick clip i made the other day.....

mmmmmmmmmmm 220 manual goodness!

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:26 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: F150 EL mont&2001 cobra

QLD, Australia

pegasusfx wrote:
I will be running Edelbrock RPM heads with a Kenne Bell Supercharger running 8psi on a GT40 lower manifold. Camshaft haven't decided yet but that is the general idea, keeping it a 5.0L (no stroker).

Have you got your kenne bell yet?
Which one are you getting?

Smoken the hides in top gear

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:41 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: F150 EL mont&2001 cobra

QLD, Australia

3x-puursui7 wrote:
hey mate, i recently got a bolt on manta twin 2.5" for my AU, and rate it highly! the note is awesome, all mandrel bent, the only prob i have is it taps my aftermarket towbar when its hot but i'll be fixing that soon enough. (the guy at the shop said he could cut 10mm out of the centre to fix it but i wanna pull the towbar off anyways) i got the full system for $2100 thats with pacemaker tuned length extractors and high flow cats. heres a quick clip i made the other day.....
[url=http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/3x-puursui7/mods%20to%20car/?action=view¤t=car004-2.flv]Image[/url]

That thing sounds like Mad Max's interceptor. I might have to get me one.

Smoken the hides in top gear

Post subject: exhaust
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Considering the Manta system does not come with extractors its not bad value.

I was quoted $3500 for pacemakers modified a little to clear the C10 in my EF XR8 and ceramic coated with a twin 3inch with 2 stainless steel magnaflow mufflers 2 stainless steel magnaflow cat converters and a rear Magnaflow resonator.

It is abit pricy but the workman ship is the best and thats why Chris calls his business Best Mufflers. He is the man when it comes 2 exhaust systems and only uses good quality parts and his welds and F%$^ING PERFECT.

Considering the Manta exhaust i rather spend the extra money on a custom built system with Magnaflow mufflers and cats and they sound awsome but having said that, i had a 400hp 347 stroker and wanted the best system.

So comparing $2100.00 to $3500.00 is abit of cash but my quote is for 3 inch, stainless steel mufflers, cats, resonator, ceramic coated extractors which had to be modified. So you can see see the extra your payiing for.

What u have 2 do is make the educated decision of whats better for your car and pocket.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:41 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

3x-puursui7
Thats exactly what I needed - a sound clip of it. Sounds great and got a good note to it as well. Have you done any engine work or is it a stock 220?

351EL
I have already bought my Kenne Bell. It is the 1.5L version but is still good for around 400rwhp with the correct supporting components. i.e heads, cam, lower intake, fuel system. I bought a rebuilt 1.5L for a very good price. The 2.2L new/used from the USA was just too expensive. As I said the Mustangs in the states have seen mid 11 second passes with the 1.5L Kenne Bell. Given that our E-Series V8's are heavier I would think late 12's to mid 13's would be easily achievable.

MICKYYYY
Thanks for the advice, yes Chris does awesome exhaust work so I would trust bringing my car to him to get the work done either way.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next