Fordmods Logo

More than happy 230.6 RWKW 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:
LOL, yeah i know thats a RWKW power figure and they're rated at 250kw at the motor from the factory.

But some mates of mine have run a good 10-20rwkw higher in their T3's, than BA XR8's. The T3's have all been around 220rwkw stock.

So if they are rated 250kw at the engine, how can they possibly 220 kw at the rear wheels stock?.....would like to know what your mates driveline is to acheive 220rwk un-opened.

They make around 180-190rwk stock. which is on par with a standard boss 260 at the rear wheels. boss 290's make around the 220rwk standard.

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: V8 Falcon, Nissan Patrol

QLD, Australia

Could be the dyno, reading 10-20kws higher, but at least its consistant.

1993 Ford Fairmont EB II 5.0L V8 Wagon
1992 Nissan Patrol TI 4.2L Diesel 4x4 Wagon

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

EB-5LTR wrote:
EL XR8 wrote:
LOL, yeah i know thats a RWKW power figure and they're rated at 250kw at the motor from the factory.

But some mates of mine have run a good 10-20rwkw higher in their T3's, than BA XR8's. The T3's have all been around 220rwkw stock.

So if they are rated 250kw at the engine, how can they possibly 220 kw at the rear wheels stock?.....would like to know what your mates driveline is to acheive 220rwk un-opened.

They make around 180-190rwk stock. which is on par with a standard boss 260 at the rear wheels. boss 290's make around the 220rwk standard.

You've never heard of certain models having more power than they claim to have. Like the old E Series 6's, and the V8's. they don't want to cut the throat of another model in their line up.
You can't just take the numbers that car companies throw at you as gospel...
Thats why the T3's are a great model and so much better than the Series 1's and 2's. The jump in power is huge from the 220kw to the 250kw T Series.

Well a whole group of them with Bosses and 5.6l Windsors have been on different dyno's. (All guys from a car club) They consistently pull 210rwkw+ for the Windsors, and anywhere from 195rwkw up for the Boss 260's.
Having been in in both models, I'd take the stroked Windsor anyday of the week.

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU2 XR8

NT, Australia

i agree with EB-5LTR. does eem a tad high. Every dyno is different. Why it is important i guess to use same dyno when doing mods in stages to keep consistency.

Not that i am making wild allegations but have heard some tuners "bumping" up power level printouts to make them look good.

i wish to be a ring on a maidens hand so when she wipe herself i see the promised land.

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:49 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Pursuit 250

NSW, Australia

TKFDXR8 wrote:
i agree with EB-5LTR. does eem a tad high. Every dyno is different. Why it is important i guess to use same dyno when doing mods in stages to keep consistency.

Not that i am making wild allegations but have heard some tuners "bumping" up power level printouts to make them look good.

No offence taken but it had previously achieved 221.7 and 220.9 on seperate dyno's and plenty of other T3's with exhaust and cold air have been consistantly getting these numbers around the country so you see it's not really up that much at all (around another 9 RWKW to what 2 other seperate dyno power runs had achieved). Around 9 kw at the wheels is an expected increase with a tune but the thing that impresses me most is the drive. It feels so much stronger and more responsive its a completely different feel.

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:10 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

I can't see why CV performance has any need to "bump" up their dyno read outs. They do outperform, have you seen any of their cars on the ¼? check out their web site too.

Sorry Con and Vince are one of the few guys I trust to have a "Consistant" dyno.

I have a car.

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:51 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

EL XR8 wrote:
EB-5LTR wrote:
EL XR8 wrote:

You've never heard of certain models having more power than they claim to have. Like the old E Series 6's, and the V8's. they don't want to cut the throat of another model in their line up.
You can't just take the numbers that car companies throw at you as gospel...
Thats why the T3's are a great model and so much better than the Series 1's and 2's. The jump in power is huge from the 220kw to the 250kw T Series.

Well a whole group of them with Bosses and 5.6l Windsors have been on different dyno's. (All guys from a car club) They consistently pull 210rwkw+ for the Windsors, and anywhere from 195rwkw up for the Boss 260's.
Having been in in both models, I'd take the stroked Windsor anyday of the week.

My T2 has beaten many BOSS xr8's and would possibly beat a stock auto T3. Its all in the 60ft, easier said then done when using street rubber :( .

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2