Fordmods Logo

My AU3 XR8 

Page 3 of 5 [ 62 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

Better be careful Jeff, t2te50 has his BA struts and cut springs that would have to add at least 40 TALKpower...

8-)

Dave, if your aim is for track days then a camshaft that maximises torque and hp in the range of 3000-5800 would be what I'd be looking for. If I recall correctly ur model got the cnc'd GT40s of the T3 (please correct if I'm wrong) and while not the best thing out there they are a reasonable head on a 5.0 litre. Combined with a cam in the region of 220-230 @0.050" and around 0.520"-0.540" lift on 112 or 110 centres you'll be quite surprised. :)

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:57 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

[As far as "no talking needed", dont worry mate. i'll be the one doin the TORQUING....................[/quote]

I'm just trying to help the guy out and at the first opportunity you shoot me down, for what reason I don't know?

Everyone/many just have this misconception that a cam and tune will solve all their power issues, bulls$%t!!!!!!!! You must be one of them or otherwise you wouldn't be trying to take the piss out of me.

I'll be quite satisfied WHEN I rebuild my 5L to have around 170-180kw with STOCK TUNE. Not to mention an excellent on road temperment.
I want to see an xh ute on a race track :shock:

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:09 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Dave, if your aim is for track days then a camshaft that maximises torque and hp in the range of 3000-5800 would be what I'd be looking for. If I recall correctly ur model got the cnc'd GT40s of the T3 (please correct if I'm wrong) and while not the best thing out there they are a reasonable head on a 5.0 litre. Combined with a cam in the region of 220-230 @0.050" and around 0.520"-0.540" lift on 112 or 110 centres you'll be quite surprised. :)[/quote]

Thats a f#$k off big cam mate, I thik he also mentioned its a daily driver?
The manifold stops flowing at 5,500 so why would u bother? Call jim mock mate, he might enlighten you a bit. The stock cam is matched perfectly to the heads. A bigger cam will just give you a smaller power band and big fuel bill.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

180rwkw is certainly achievable with a factory ECU... However to achieve that power with the GT40 heads would need a cam larger than the standard ECU could run.

My work made 286rwhp and 314 ft/lb of torque out of an EL 5.0 litre back in 1998, using TFS heads, Comp XE270HR and the EL GT ecu (needed to run the 24lb injectors). So yes it can be done, and that car drove beautifully. :)

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:34 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Nice to see someone can be diplomatic/civil.
Old dude that races a 220xr8 manual came to G&D dyno day in cranbourne. STOCK ENGINE, STOCK TUNE just a good port job on heads and manifold 175RWKW!!!!!!!
My mouth just dropped for the dyno is a very conservative one and on the same day I got 156RWKW). Either he wasn't telling me something or its just a freak!
Funny because he told me that he slaughtered F6 tyhpoons and BA GT's at will on a race track.

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

t2te50 wrote:
I'm just trying to help the guy out and at the first opportunity you shoot me down, for what reason I don't know?

Everyone/many just have this misconception that a cam and tune will solve all their power issues, bulls$%t!!!!!!!! You must be one of them or otherwise you wouldn't be trying to take the piss out of me.

I'll be quite satisfied WHEN I rebuild my 5L to have around 170-180kw with STOCK TUNE. Not to mention an excellent on road temperment.

Trying to help, with what, feeding him a whole lotta s**t that you have obviously obtained from Jim C**k.
Maybe if you spoke from experience mate, not talking someone elses words.

How am i one that thinks a "cam and tune" will solve my power issues, have a read through my engine build thread mate, then you might realise theres a lot more to it than a "cam and tune".

As far as blowing my doors off ANYDAY, "no talking needed", i'd like to see that with your 156rwkw, bit more true research and not listening to one person might just get you close, maybe.
and as far as an XH on the race track goes, check out the cover car of last months "Performance Ford" mag, then see how'll you'll match up.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
Better be careful Jeff, t2te50 has his BA struts and cut springs that would have to add at least 40 TALKpower...

8-)

Yeah mate the old chopped springs are gonna handle awesome on the race track, ya gonna have to get yaself into any decent suspension shop mate. They all reckon the best performing front strut set-up is a chopped BA std assembly, out performs all aftermarket coil over setups :roll: .............
Oh hang on, maybe Jim mock told him that.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:53 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Experience from a 20 year old!!!!!! Are you even qualified??????? Please lets leave it at this. Feels good to be on the back foot doesn't it.

I used to cop this kind of crap from the BA falcon idiots at ford forums. s**t BOSS motor. Won't take a bar of critiscism those C$%ts (moderators).

Each to their own. What do springs have to do with motors anyway????????

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

t2te50 wrote:
Experience from a 20 year old!!!!!! Are you even qualified??????? Please lets leave it at this. Feels good to be on the back foot doesn't it.

I used to cop this kind of crap from the BA falcon idiots at ford forums. s**t BOSS motor. Won't take a bar of critiscism those C$%ts (moderators).

Each to their own. What do springs have to do with motors anyway????????

Yeah mate, experience, who's the one with the engine thats had the work done, not the one with the stock engine (156rwkw) talkin up information that he gathers elsewhere. Its obvious you know f**k all mate, ran out of intelligent things to say so you brought it down to age. Whats so bad about a 20 year old with experience, i probly know 18 year olds with more experience and knowledge than you, remember mate your only bout 5 years older than me, and by the sounds of it for those 5 years you were stuck under mummys arms being spoilt.

As far as the BA idiots giving you the same treatment, im sure you get this reaction everywhere you go mate, tossers always do.

And springs having nothing to do with motors, EXACTLY, then why the f**k did you post that useless s**t the V8 WORKSHOP forum, you f**k tool, ever seen the "suspension, brake and driveline" forum.

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

*Calls for a Mod*

That's enough people.

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

t2te50 wrote:
.......Everyone/many just have this misconception that a cam and tune will solve all their power issues, bulls$%t!!!!!!!! .......

Mate, I’m not posting to cause any friction but I honestly don’t see the point of your argument as 175rwkw is NOTHING, stock tune or otherwise.

XH5LWEPN's will make more than that so what's your point ?

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:03 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

EVERYONE I'VE FOUND OUR FIRST STREET MACHINE MECHANIC.....XH5WEPN. Match it up and build the thing yourself and then maybe I might pay some attention to what you have to say.

I can also say that I've got stage 2 cam, underdrives, Afr 165's, cc'd combustion chambers, vernier timing gears, etc etc. If you don't do it yourself what kind of EXPERT ARE YOU!!!!

Anyway thats enough. I'll finish with saying that the 220 is a hot bit of gear. For a substancial power gain aftermarket inlet, ecu, heads, injectors would have to be used.

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:13 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Depending on your budget, I'd keep it simple with, as others have said, a tune, extractors, exhaust and diff gears.

Make the best of what you've got, as said above, the 220 is a good package.
wild6 on here got into the 13s with those basic bolt ons to a manual 220 XR8 iirc.

Maybe its been asked and ive missed it, but is it manual or auto?

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:21 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU3 XR8

Power: 191 rwkw

NSW, Australia

yeah its a manual. my first steps will be to get the cai and headers in it then tuned with the flash tuner. Has anyone had any work done at Intune motorsports at Cstle Hill? its close to my place. or is there anyone good that you guys recommend?

AU3 XR8 Manual, Full options,Pursuit Lip, Boss bonnet, Hurricane extractors, zorst, SS Induction, K&N filter, Flash tuned...191rwkw

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

t2te50 wrote:
......If you don't do it yourself what kind of EXPERT ARE YOU!!!!
Is this directed at me ??

But anyway WTF is a stage 2 cam ? If you can only get 175rwkw with AFR165's then you must have some mismatched parts :D Shame about the vernieer gears as they will play merry hell with your cam harmonics.

Last edited by ozrunner on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next