My new AUII 

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

What's a Sportsman got more than mine?

Mine owes me under $12k with LPG, 18 inch TL 50 rims and tyres, lowered with camber kit, EL GT wheel and momo shifter.
The only thing i want to do is exhaust, paint the head light bezels black and change the grill.
If you do it the right way, you can do it cheap, i paid $10k for mine 12 months ago when even private were asking $14+
I always wanted an AU Lane from the moment i seen one, and i got one at the right price.

Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:45 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

The sportsman has a limited production of 300 vehicles from my knowledge. Probably came about from a stockpile of unused LTD components.

Momo steering wheel

LTD HOWE LEATHER INTERIOR
makes standard leather interior look like vinel.

Electric driver's and passenger seat (programmable settings)

Koni front struts

standard 17 inch 225 alloys

standard 3.45/1 LSD out of XR8

These cars absolutely rock!!!! Anyone in the market for luxo barge, forget about BA, these are heaps better. Just add tickford springs and I can tell you it handles like no other large car. Now where's my manual 220kw/stroker conversion!!! She'll be at the fordforums AU cruise.

Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

VIC, Australia

yeh...the SATNAV is a VDO one....its pretty old...The CD gets put into the boot where is SATNAV cd player is.....I got quoted from ford that a updated cd will cost me $700 plus...then i went on whereis.com.au and they will charge bout just under $400.

I did buy my car from car city. Its a beautiful car for the price.....i also wanted a luxury car with a bit of balls underneath the bonnet.

If anyone is looking for an AU Fairmont Ghia...MAKE SURE its a series 2 OR 3 cause the series ones are no good.....so pay that little bit extra and buy a series 2 or 3

Where do i get the vapour kit from and how much does it cost?

cheers

JETEA - ROARN8 - AUII Fairmont Ghia, V8, leather, sunroof, SAT NAV etc. 175KW

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NF Fairlane

QLD, Australia

nice pick up man
i'm currently looking for either XR8 or fairmont ghia at moment (preferably black)

how much you pay for series II?

If you don't do it whilst your livin, you aint got no bloody chance when your dead!!!

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

VIC, Australia

i payed 11gz for my car....it was a bargin!!!!!!for a V8....the ks on it are reasonable....not high and not low so in between......and the good thing is that V8's last years.....other than an I6 which last for bout 400,00kz

My advice is to get a fairmont ghia bro.....cause u get the luxury and the power in the same car, whereas in an xr8 you dont get leather and woodgrain.....well....its up to you depending on what u want...i love leather and luxury so thats why i prefered a fairmont ghia than an xr8

cheers

JETEA - ROARN8 - AUII Fairmont Ghia, V8, leather, sunroof, SAT NAV etc. 175KW

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

i got a fairmont i6 a couple months ago $7000 all up 115,xxxkm, looks identicle to yours. spewin i didnt get a ghia though.
and 400,000km is more then enough in my books.
any ways here comes the question i wanted to ask hows the petrol on those things??? cause alot of people have mentioned lpg allready

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

jetea wrote:
and the good thing is that V8's last years.....other than an I6 which last for bout 400,00kz

Umm, on average k's that's still 16 to 20 years motoring. That's a fair few years.

From my experience with the AU's, after 20 years the windsor might still be going strong, but the rest of the car will have well and truly given up the ghost by that time! When we had AU' at work, (1's, 2's and 3's) they were absolutely f'kd after 12 months and 80k's. Not a good quality car in my opinion! I'm happy to say the BA seems to hold up a little better!

Who wants the same car for that long anywho? (unless it's a classic, like a GTHO).

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

LTD all the way kids :)

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:31 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

philaddis wrote:
jetea wrote:
and the good thing is that V8's last years.....other than an I6 which last for bout 400,00kz

Umm, on average k's that's still 16 to 20 years motoring. That's a fair few years.

From my experience with the AU's, after 20 years the windsor might still be going strong, but the rest of the car will have well and truly given up the ghost by that time! When we had AU' at work, (1's, 2's and 3's) they were absolutely f'kd after 12 months and 80k's. Not a good quality car in my opinion! I'm happy to say the BA seems to hold up a little better!

Who wants the same car for that long anywho? (unless it's a classic, like a GTHO).

My friend mark my words that the AU will outlive and outlast that pile you have sitting in your driveway!

Don't get me started because BA falcon build quality is at least a decade behind AU standards. Speak to taxi drivers if your not convinced!
I rather the chassis fall apart first, rather then having a hulk, barge, beached whale sitting on my driveway taking up space.

Oh! and the TE50 eats up manual/auto N/A i6's if they were standing still. :lol:

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

t2te50 wrote:
philaddis wrote:
jetea wrote:

My friend mark my words that the AU will outlive and outlast that pile you have sitting in your driveway!

Don't get me started because BA falcon build quality is at least a decade behind AU standards. Speak to taxi drivers if your not convinced!
I rather the chassis fall apart first, rather then having a hulk, barge, beached whale sitting on my driveway taking up space.

Oh! and the TE50 eats up manual/auto N/A i6's if they were standing still. :lol:

Totally agree with that, the AU build quality is miles ahead of the B series.
My mate sold his 01 XR8 ute last year with almost 200 on the clock and it was still like new, he bought a BF XR8 and says it's the biggest mistake he's ever made... He'll never buy a Ford again.

My mate does LPG conversions, all the cabbies want their AU back.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I back up the AU's too, like all first models the first AU series ones seem to date fast but after working on heaps later AU's and BA's the AU's will still be around for a long time after most of the BA's give up the ghost, BA's just look nice, the build quality and design isn't that good.

Other than the looks I would give a AU over any EF/EL, again ask taxi companies, most taxi companies would prefer a EA over a EF/EL, as least you could fix them and expect it not to come back in a short time.

Another thing wrong with BA onwards Taxis is the fact they only come with 5 seats, what was Ford thinking! Utes and one tonners have a front bench but it's not available for sedans or wagons.

Will any BA/BF V8 make it over 700K without even a head removal? I know of a NF Fairlane V8 ex hire car still getting around (700K+kms) which has never had a head off and first water pump was replaced around 690K (Push rods replaced years ago due to d***head over reving it on LPG)

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

Well, as always, we are all entitled to our own opinion.

I guess the AU v BA sales figures tell a fair story too, but then I am sure you all have an answer for that too.

I'm just going on my own experiences, and they tell me that the AU was an A grade dog. In fact I am yet to drive a decent one, although I am sure there are some out there. They can't ALL have been Friday cars!

My BA on the other hand, and all the BA/BF's at work, even with a fair few miles on them make none of the noises, especially in the front end that always plagued our AU's, so that is evidence enough for me.

And seriously, apart from the XR's and like deriviates, there is not one good looking car in AU range. I know, again it's a matter for personal opinion, and it's been covered a million times on this forum, but for f'ks sake, they are hideous!

t2te50 - you asked me to mark your words, so here goes..... how can BA build quality be at least a decade behind a car that it followed? Have Ford engineers managed to beat physics? And, why wouldn't a TE50 smoke NA i6's anyway? That is hardly rocket science my friend!

Walker, your mates one (1), singular, solitary (however your want to put it) BF XR8, is hardly reason to bag an entire series of cars.

Cheer up lads. They are only cars!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Damage wrote:
Will any BA/BF V8 make it over 700K without even a head removal? I know of a NF Fairlane V8 ex hire car still getting around (700K+kms) which has never had a head off and first water pump was replaced around 690K (Push rods replaced years ago due to d***head over reving it on LPG)

Hell even my AUII taxi has 650k and the head has never been off. Bench seat is for making extra money in a cab but is it worth the extra grey hairs, I think not.

And yeah Waggin. When my current lane dies The next one I get will be an AUII LTD. Hands down best limo ever made by ford Aus. All the yanks at uni keep asking what it is and I just say it a poor mans Lincoln.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

philaddis wrote:
Walker, your mates one (1), singular, solitary (however your want to put it) BF XR8, is hardly reason to bag an entire series of cars.

You obviously haven't read too many threads on the forum, my story is one of many, the AU series 1 base Falcons were hideous... Can't disagree with that.
With the B series, i think they traded build quality and customer service for good looks and a few extra goodies.

It's not just Ford, they're all building throw away cars these days, how else are they meant to compete?

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

philaddis wrote:
Well, as always, we are all entitled to our own opinion.

I guess the AU v BA sales figures tell a fair story too, but then I am sure you all have an answer for that too.

I'm just going on my own experiences, and they tell me that the AU was an A grade dog. In fact I am yet to drive a decent one, although I am sure there are some out there. They can't ALL have been Friday cars!

My BA on the other hand, and all the BA/BF's at work, even with a fair few miles on them make none of the noises, especially in the front end that always plagued our AU's, so that is evidence enough for me.

And seriously, apart from the XR's and like deriviates, there is not one good looking car in AU range. I know, again it's a matter for personal opinion, and it's been covered a million times on this forum, but for f'ks sake, they are hideous!

t2te50 - you asked me to mark your words, so here goes..... how can BA build quality be at least a decade behind a car that it followed? Have Ford engineers managed to beat physics? And, why wouldn't a TE50 smoke NA i6's anyway? That is hardly rocket science my friend!

It isn't just an opinion, I worked in a couple of Ford dealerships and saw the size of the waranty work in a short time model, I have worked on EF/EL/AU (I completely missed AUII), AUIII, BA, BAII while all these cars were still in warranty, you tend to notice the same s**t over and over.

On other side of the coin I do like the look and feel of BA onwards, just I don't see them lasting.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next