Fordmods Logo

My new AUII 

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

VIC, Australia

i dont mean it in a bad way but im just using the information i was given...but i guess im wrong.....i love my car whether its a AU or not and i do understand that AUs go for ages...i mean look at what type ford is in the taxi market these days.....more AUs than BAs

But im happy with it...no regrets......

JETEA - ROARN8 - AUII Fairmont Ghia, V8, leather, sunroof, SAT NAV etc. 175KW

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

Taxi drivers love thier AU's because they have the bench seat and are more economical than the BA's. You show me a taxi driver who is less interested in making money than comfort or the joy of driving, and I'll show you a taxi driver (the same bloke) that would rather be in a BA.

I have my doubts that there are too many other reasons.

From the taxi's I have been in here in WA, they are all f'ked anyway, no matter what model you get into.

And besides, I am not sure that taxi's are indicative of the lifespan of everyday personal use cars. They are constantly run at temperature and almost never have cold starts and are serviced every other week. This is the reason that 650,000k vehicles have never had the heads off. Not because they are a fantastic design...... or any better lasting than the BA.

My two cents anyway!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:14 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

What have ford done with the rear seats in the BA Fairlanes??????? Their flat as a park bench and not one piece of howe leather in site.
The au's front seats are 'CRAP' but makes up with well contoured/cosseting rear and quality leather (LTD). In the BA fairlane the tables have been reversed????

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Walker wrote:
philaddis wrote:
Walker, your mates one (1), singular, solitary (however your want to put it) BF XR8, is hardly reason to bag an entire series of cars.

Cheer up lads. They are only cars!

You obviously haven't read too many threads on the forum, my story is one of many, the AU series 1 base Falcons were hideous... Can't disagree with that.
With the B series, i think they traded build quality and customer service for good looks and a few extra goodies.

It's not just Ford, they're all building throw away cars these days, how else are they meant to compete?

i was talking to a mates bro that has had a couple of BA's and he said the quality in them is absolute s**t. had 1 from brand new, and a 1 year old car that feels as loose as a 10 year old car isnt good!

Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

Yeah well, so be it.

As I said, everyone has an opinion, it's just that some disagree with me and are therefore, wrong.

Not their fault that they are mis informed tho.... haha, just kidding, but seriously....... lets leave it alone now.

I like BA's, they are a great car and I'm not alone.

You all like AU's.

Whatever!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3