Fordmods Logo

N/A 5.0L Max Rwkw 

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon EL

WA, Australia

hmmm yea NOS i put it in the same league as Boosting, i mean yeah it cains, but i prefer to keep things N/A and running on like 98RON just for the daily driver factor.

Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

If he's done the work right to the Rotor, then on 14 PSI an LS1 or 5.0l falcon wouldn't have a hope in hell.
It's the same of course with our Falcon's to your mates RX7, if you do the right things, it'll be a quick car.
But a little 13B (i'd assume) on 14 pound shouldn't be a slug by any means.

Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon EL

WA, Australia

its running 13.7 atm itll run 13 in about 1month when the new turbo comes in. BUT LS1's run 13's ive seen it many times b4. right now, LS1 with cam and extractors will run 13.7

Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah an LS1 will easily give your mates RX7 a run then, without too many problems.
I must have assumed he'd done more work than just upping the boost.
But of course the 5.0l Windsors aren't going to hold a flame to the LS1's when having the same mods. But a Boss motor would be a fairly even match... (Just to compare apples to apples)

Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: SZ Titanium & ZG Fairlane

SA, Australia

Hey EL XR8 do you know how much RWKW you are running? Have you only just added the blower or do you have other mods? Also Powerdyne or Vortech?

F6 Rspec #139 - Stock Car Racing

Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
XR8chic pulled over 200rwkw in her ED XR8, was around 208rwkw if i remember rightly. But that was a serious 5L, she did basically everything you can do to a 5.0L before stroking/blowing.

Her package is nice, but not in balance.. You can do a lot better for a street car.

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I'm still yet to sort everything out (as in getting the whole amount of boost i should be)
The last power run i had done produced 225rwkw, on 5.5PSI.
It was producing 9-10 PSI in 1st through 3rd but dropped off in 4th and 5th, so the power run figures were done in 4th gear at 5.5PSI.
So should be up around 250-260rwkw, in the first 3 gears, if i were to hazard a guess.
Just a Vortech blower, still have s**t E7 heads, and HO manifold... :oops:
I have a set of Genies and of course a different exhaust to standard. But thats basically it.

Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: SZ Titanium & ZG Fairlane

SA, Australia

Sounds like fun wouldn't mind that kind of power. These windsor motors are so annoying with the lack of power that they put out when you compare them to the LS1 or the boss motors. It seems like you have to spend s**t loads of money and you don't get all that much out of them. I reckon I would be happy with your power rating though especially as you have room still for improvements with mods. My EL XR8 looks the part but it just doesn't have the guts to back it up.

Wouldn't mind a Positive Displacement kit like the yella terrah one for the boss motors. The AU 300+ had one of those didn't it?

F6 Rspec #139 - Stock Car Racing

Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

atomicmushroom00 wrote:
its running 13.7 atm itll run 13 in about 1month when the new turbo comes in. BUT LS1's run 13's ive seen it many times b4. right now, LS1 with cam and extractors will run 13.7

depends what ls1 you are referring to. i'd say to get 13.7 you'd need an edit as well.

i also agree that a 13b running 14psi doing a high 13 is not setup very well. what series rx7 is it. 1,2 and 3 are girls cars. 4 and 5 are nice. 6,7 and 8 would be right up there for one of the best cars for mine but very pricey.

i have a eb 5.0 that just has cam, ecu and mafless tune and 3.9 diff gears that can beat stock or near stock ls1's (vz sv8 6sp). by my reckoning it would be a low 14. this is nothing special but considering i can upgrade heads and intake for minor cost ($2k tuned approx) which would see it into the 13's i wouldn't be writing off the fords just yet.

whats your budget?

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: fairlane

WA, Australia

I agree you could do up a 5L falcon for less money than it would cost you to buy an LS1 so bang for buck you would be better off

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

300rwkw is acheivable out of all the v8s mentioned here.. just depends on cost/weight for how fast it will be down the track.

current ride: worn out chuck taylors

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF XR8 5spd

NSW, Australia

There's one thing a windsor has over a rotary,ls1, and even a boss motor, is that old fashioned v8 sound that in my opinion makes a up for a little lack of power.

EF XR8 5spd: 302ci /178rwkw

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

One Drone wrote:
mrnasty wrote:
XR8chic pulled over 200rwkw in her ED XR8, was around 208rwkw if i remember rightly. But that was a serious 5L, she did basically everything you can do to a 5.0L before stroking/blowing.

Her package is nice, but not in balance.. You can do a lot better for a street car.

So what would you change ???

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

EBXR8380 wrote:
One Drone wrote:
mrnasty wrote:

So what would you change ???

I'm guessing that he'd probably go milder.

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NF Fairlane

QLD, Australia

i love how people compare the LS1 to the 5.0 windsor or vice versa and say how slow the windsor is in comparison

Well DERRR, they have extra 50 cubic inches of displacement to play with from the start, so start talking putting a stroker kit into your windsor to bring it up closer to LS1 capacity and you start a whole new ballgame

A mildly tweaked stroked windsor will flog an LS1, now don't start b**ch about if i spend same amount on LS1 it will go harder as the cost of BUYING an LS1 over a windsor easily compensates for putting the stroker kit into a windsor to start with

Now if you did this with something like an ED Sprint motor that already has GT40P heads and explorer manifolds etc you will end up with a potent lil package

If you want to go stupid then the skies the limit, motor i am building will put out around 500hp N/A and that's before i take the S/C route later on down the track

If you don't do it whilst your livin, you aint got no bloody chance when your dead!!!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next