Fordmods Logo

New 500 FORD COBRAs released 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: New 500 FORD COBRAs released
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1656

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

FPV Cobra GT Falcon confirmed

http://www.caradvice.com.au/6778/fpv-co ... confirmed/

The Cobra will ride on GT-P rims with white inserts, machined face. Power delivery is reported at 302kw @ 6000rpm & 540nm @ 4750rpm

Quote:
Engine changes are new inlet camshaft profile, new exhaust camshaft profile, new valves and valve springs, compression lifted from 10.5 to 10.8 still using 95ron fuel, heavily revised engine calibration


Sources inside Ford have today confirmed the rumours. From what we have been told, there will be 400 sedans and 100 utes. They will be powered by a 302kW BOSS V8 developing 540Nm. 0-100km/h times and any further enhancements over the standard GT is currently unknown.

Of course all 500 will only be available in white with blue stripes and cobra badges on the side (picture above is supposedly the Cobra).




Already out on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FPV-GT-Cobra-sed ... dZViewItem

 

 

Attachments:
fordfalcongtcobra.jpg
fordfalcongtcobra.jpg [ 44.32 KiB | Viewed 98 times ]
Cobra.jpg
Cobra.jpg [ 174.07 KiB | Viewed 102 times ]

 

_________________

FS [VIC]: WorkShop CleanOut - Assorted Parts Some New & Chassis Dyno http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-workshop-cleanout-assorted-parts-some-new-chassis-dyno-t123623.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 48

Posts: 1880

Joined: 22nd Apr 2005

Ride: ED Futura

Location: Seymour
VIC, Australia

Mate did you miss the great race, Ford and FPV did a big launch before the race.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:52 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 54

Joined: 5th May 2005

Ride: EF Futura

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

wow that one on ebay... buy it now price $120, 000??? what the f**k? weren't these being sold for ~$70k??
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:47 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 357

Joined: 7th Jun 2006

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

that bloke must be off his head. Who in their right mind would buy it for the price he wants. They will never be worth any more money then wat they cost

 

_________________

BA XR6 Turbo, Blueprint, 18's, Premium Sound, Leather.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:11 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2839

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

Location: parramatta
NSW, Australia

it was listed at 6pm on sunday
8 hours after its unvailing at the race

 

_________________

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 48

Posts: 1880

Joined: 22nd Apr 2005

Ride: ED Futura

Location: Seymour
VIC, Australia

andrich wrote:
that bloke must be off his head. Who in their right mind would buy it for the price he wants. They will never be worth any more money then wat they cost

20yrs down the track say that, what about the Devil & Inforcer cars? how many have you seen for sale?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:14 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 357

Joined: 7th Jun 2006

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

maybe, but in the end they are merely a massed produced car in a slightly different package with a build number, which is only to sell more cars.but only time will tell

 

_________________

BA XR6 Turbo, Blueprint, 18's, Premium Sound, Leather.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 48

Posts: 1880

Joined: 22nd Apr 2005

Ride: ED Futura

Location: Seymour
VIC, Australia

andrich wrote:
maybe, but in the end they are merely a massed produced car in a slightly different package with a build number, which is only to sell more cars.but only time will tell

Hmmm thats what the origanal GT's were I thought.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 357

Joined: 7th Jun 2006

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

they may have been similar, however, the cars that were limited like the GT's were BASICALLY identical to the ones raced. They were actual muscle cars with proven reconrds. New GT's, while good (I love them and would want one straight away) are only cars, vastly different ot anything raced. The 73' XC cobra was used to race, and was sold in similar trim, curent limited addition cars are only using the name to sell cars

 

_________________

BA XR6 Turbo, Blueprint, 18's, Premium Sound, Leather.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 2288

Joined: 4th Dec 2004

Ride: '98 EL Fairmont

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Look at the amount of different EA's that are getting around the traps. Hell a set of EA SVO wheels will sell for $800+ any day of the week.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 3

Joined: 11th Oct 2007

Location: gold coast
QLD, Australia

andrich wrote:
they may have been similar, however, the cars that were limited like the GT's were BASICALLY identical to the ones raced. They were actual muscle cars with proven reconrds. New GT's, while good (I love them and would want one straight away) are only cars, vastly different ot anything raced. The 73' XC cobra was used to race, and was sold in similar trim, curent limited addition cars are only using the name to sell cars
firstly the were 77 cobras not 73.try and road reg a supercar,not likely.also a new gt in 1970 was about 4 grand,try 500,000 now on for size.the face of so called gt's and holdens has changed over the years,so as said you can't just buy a gt and enter it in bathurst.having limited run cars is a good marketing tool that will always work for ford and holden alike
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:29 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 357

Joined: 7th Jun 2006

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

bambam wrote:
andrich wrote:
they may have been similar, however, the cars that were limited like the GT's were BASICALLY identical to the ones raced. They were actual muscle cars with proven reconrds. New GT's, while good (I love them and would want one straight away) are only cars, vastly different ot anything raced. The 73' XC cobra was used to race, and was sold in similar trim, curent limited addition cars are only using the name to sell cars
firstly the were 77 cobras not 73.try and road reg a supercar,not likely.also a new gt in 1970 was about 4 grand,try 500,000 now on for size.the face of so called gt's and holdens has changed over the years,so as said you can't just buy a gt and enter it in bathurst.having limited run cars is a good marketing tool that will always work for ford and holden alike


mayb it might help to read whats going on. what im saying is that limited run cars like the cobra are only using proven names by cars that were the best ever. The XY/XW GT's were the first of their kind. no other car was like them, they were the ones that started it all. my arguement is that the new GT's and the like arnt going to end up like the muscle car era GT's are, they arent going to be worth what the old GT's are now in 20 or 30 years time. Like you said, "having limited run cars is good for MARKETING",oh and lastly, the XY GT-HO was like 5000 grand new

 

_________________

BA XR6 Turbo, Blueprint, 18's, Premium Sound, Leather.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:46 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 48

Posts: 1880

Joined: 22nd Apr 2005

Ride: ED Futura

Location: Seymour
VIC, Australia

I always thought the XR GT was the first of their kind,
The public could only get it in one colour, cooper bronze with a black stripe running along it.
(a limited number did come out in silver for west cigerettes).
Thats why when ford released the 40th annerveriary GT it was black with the bronze stripe in honour of the car that started it all.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:53 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 6746

Joined: 13th Mar 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane

Location: Bathurst
NSW, Australia

heard a story on a ford doco one famous team actually brought there 2 cars 24 hours before the race from the bathurst dealer the old cars were sold as how they raced

 

_________________

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:55 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 357

Joined: 7th Jun 2006

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

RedRoo wrote:
I always thought the XR GT was the first of their kind,
The public could only get it in one colour, cooper bronze with a black stripe running along it.
(a limited number did come out in silver for west cigerettes).
Thats why when ford released the 40th annerveriary GT it was black with the bronze stripe in honour of the car that started it all.


yeah they were, but the first real "muscle" GT was the XW/XY in my opinion, and many others (no offence any XR,XT owners) but yeah you are right the 40th anniversary addition coincided with the first XR

 

_________________

BA XR6 Turbo, Blueprint, 18's, Premium Sound, Leather.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:07 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names