Fordmods Logo

New Car Question 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: New Car Question
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Hey Guys

Im 19 and in the market hopefully soon for a new car (well used). I was looking at a 70 Capri with a 302 in it for 11500, now i was thinking of rebuilding the capri (if bought) to make around 350hp (or enough for a mid 12 pass) with supra 5 speed box behind it and a ford 9inch with detroit locker.... OR I was looking (i saw one today and s**t did it go/sound hot) a Torana SLR (i think) and if i were to buy one dump a chevy 350 in it, now i know the Torrie isnt a ford but we all know they fly, now i would purchase on the basis on, price (upto 20k including mods), handling, i drive EVERYDAY, fuel consumption (not THAT much but dont want full tank gone in under 300kms), drivability and also mantinance costs.....Thanks for any info given guys

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NC II Fairlane

NSW, Australia

i know its none of the cars you mentioned but with carbied cars youd be lucky to get 300kms a tank,assuming same size tank as a e series.

why not try and get a au2 or 3 xr8 or if you can stretch your dollar an au3 t series,iconsidering youd be using it as an everyday driver you would want something that is reliable.

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Now with el thermos fitted.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:31 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Fairmont 2001 series 3

VIC, Australia

19, you will get done hard by Insurance with any of the cars u have talked about. (with the mods in them)

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:52 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

I hate the look of the AU's, and if i were to do fuel injection to these cars im sure i could manage upto 350kms to a tank, what about an old school celica with a turbo on it only 10500ish......

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:42 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

you can have my 1965 mk1 cortina 440 4 $2500 with out motor/gearbox.. good build up for a 302 corty.... and ya dont c many mk1 v8's. dont get the torri stick with the capri

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 300 character limit

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:23 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XTS, BF Xr6 Turbo Ute

QLD, Australia

My brother and uncle did up a capri at their workshop in victoria and it f**k flies. He wins heaps of trphies at the track coz it runs around 10.4. Admittedly thats after two mechanics really work it, but the cars is still na with no turbo or supercharger. f**k AWSOME CAPRI! but that man, they have heaps of potential. Dont buy and slr or a celica.

Ford Fan: Since 1987 - Born a Blue Oval Supporter!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]