Fordmods Logo

New GT 40 Limited Edition 

 

Page 3 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1279

Joined: 5th Apr 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

Location: Burwood Nights
VIC, Australia

That was .. dissapointing.. I was thinking FPV were gonna sell some GT40's as in Ford GT's..

Then i found out it's just another BA/BF...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4323

Joined: 17th Jan 2006

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

all sold now...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:16 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 256

Joined: 25th Nov 2005

Gallery: 3 images

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

glenneaux wrote:
That was .. dissapointing.. I was thinking FPV were gonna sell some GT40's as in Ford GT's..

Then i found out it's just another BA/BF...


??????????? it is a GT!!!!! :roll:

Just another BF (not BA very different car)...what do you drive???When your mum is not using it :lol:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:46 am 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

What I want to know is....Why bring the thing to the Perth motor show if you can't f**k buy one!?! What s**t! All I can say is....Hurry up with a f**k GTHO!!!!....WITH TWO DOORS AND COKE BOTTLE STYLING!!!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:34 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 256

Joined: 25th Nov 2005

Gallery: 3 images

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

Every ford dealer got allocated so many cars ie some got none some got one and some got more depending on there sales record, apperently they have not even gone into production yet, but deposits have been taken on most if not all...

I was interested in one, and have my name dowm with about 4 ford dealers in case someone can't get the finance to buy one and the sale falls thru.

Wonder if the motor show one is number 1, or just a mock up that will be crushed??? Did anyone see it?? Were the stripes painted on like the old cobras or are they stickers???Has anyone actually seen one in real life???
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:54 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 48

Joined: 19th May 2006

Ride: BF GT-P

Location: Wodonga
VIC, Australia

I would buy one in a second if i could afford it. I have photos from the Melb motor show but im having trouble attaching them.

 

_________________

THERE'S NOTHING SO GREAT AS A THUMPING V8

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 182

Joined: 10th Jan 2007

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Mustang

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

Mate of mine has 1 on order. 70k a bit too pricy for me. He alrteady has a AU XR8 (From New) with only 10000 k's on it. I have no idea why he buys them, he drives milk tankers for a living and has a motorbike as a daily driver. No way id spent that much money on cars id never drive lol.

But in general i like it.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:43 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 2

Joined: 10th Sep 2006

Ride: Falcon

Location: Hervey Bay
QLD, Australia

Wow the 40th Anniversary GT-P is awesome, it has 2 gold strips in the guts, tweaked suspension, a higher capacity oil cooler on auto trans and wait for it... an ipod connection!, FPV have really gone beyond the call of duty this time, where do they come up with such inventive ideas
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 182

Joined: 10th Jan 2007

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Mustang

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

hbbehrendorff wrote:
Wow the 40th Anniversary GT-P is awesome, it has 2 gold strips in the guts, tweaked suspension, a higher capacity oil cooler on auto trans and wait for it... an ipod connection!, FPV have really gone beyond the call of duty this time, where do they come up with such inventive ideas


Probably has something to do with the 70k+ Pricetag lol
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:25 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 256

Joined: 25th Nov 2005

Gallery: 3 images

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

Its actually 65K......the rest is our government taking there cut.....xygtho's were 5K new....people stored them , now they are selling over 600k one is even rumored to be have sold for 800K, so his 65K might be a good investment, plus with all the extras a gt optioned up to the same spec would be well over 70K(not even counting the suspension), so they are a bargain really, limited run of 200 (there were300 XYGT HO), plus cheaper than a standard non limited production car.....plus all sold out in a fash.

There are already people trying to offer money to people with deposits on them, one ford dealer I spoke to has offers over 80k waiting for someone to part with a car that has not been build yet....
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1209

Joined: 28th May 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: slammed EL

Power: 120 rwkw

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

i no its 10 years away but i cant wait to see the 50th annivery GT hopefully they release a limited addition GTHO PHASE IIIII that would be sweet.

 

_________________

Ford Motor Company
FoMoCo

Holden Motor Company
HoMoCo

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:49 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 256

Joined: 25th Nov 2005

Gallery: 3 images

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

mmmwould be nice, wonder if it will be powered by an electic motor by then....Word seems to be out that this will be the last of the gt's for good...the wheels Magazine web site suggests that the V8 will be dropped with the new model and the gt name along with it....

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Also got word from one of my contacts at Ford that Ford will be releasing a limited edition John Goss special BF Falcon possibly to get rid of the last of the V8's and associated body shells, production will start as soon as the BF GT40's are delivered to there lucky owners

Will go start a new topic on this now I think...... :wink:

Last edited by xb-coupe-351 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 182

Joined: 10th Jan 2007

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Mustang

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

xb-coupe-351 wrote:
Its actually 65K......the rest is our government taking there cut.....xygtho's were 5K new....people stored them , now they are selling over 600k one is even rumored to be have sold for 800K, so his 65K might be a good investment, plus with all the extras a gt optioned up to the same spec would be well over 70K(not even counting the suspension), so they are a bargain really, limited run of 200 (there were300 XYGT HO), plus cheaper than a standard non limited production car.....plus all sold out in a fash.

There are already people trying to offer money to people with deposits on them, one ford dealer I spoke to has offers over 80k waiting for someone to part with a car that has not been build yet....


Its been Built, just not in production yet. meh maybe its a good investment, maybe not. Theres no garantee that in 30 years time it will have increased in value, even if it was sitting i9n the shed the entire time undriven.

The muscle car era is over, and really the GT now is nothing special anymore. for that kind of cash i can think of alot better cars to spend it on.


But i tell u what is special, the new Cobra. Just watched a documentry7on it on foxtel, looks sexy as, i ure hope it comes into production.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1279

Joined: 5th Apr 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

Location: Burwood Nights
VIC, Australia

xb-coupe-351 wrote:
glenneaux wrote:
That was .. dissapointing.. I was thinking FPV were gonna sell some GT40's as in Ford GT's..

Then i found out it's just another BA/BF...


??????????? it is a GT!!!!! :roll:

Just another BF (not BA very different car)...what do you drive???When your mum is not using it :lol:

 

 

Attachments:
File comment: Ford GT:
wp4-ford-gt-1024-2.jpg
wp4-ford-gt-1024-2.jpg [ 125.51 KiB | Viewed 45 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:32 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 256

Joined: 25th Nov 2005

Gallery: 3 images

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

You are talking US GT 40......... :!:

We are talking Aussie cars here......what are these things worth?????

Bet a bit more than 65K

PS Nice ride but out of reach for me
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:08 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names