Fordmods Logo

No V8 in std Falcons!? 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 468

Joined: 21st Aug 2005

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: SERIES 2 FAIRMONT GHIA

Location: perth western australia
WA, Australia

s-tranzor wrote:
yes, but at least they dont need boost to make anything better than grandma power :P

*bait bait bait*




cmon steve...LG when it was n/a still chopped many v8s of its era ( ef/el xr8) man and auto even having the weight penalty i have with a ghia so ure points a bit shakey there..lol...


july when licence comes back--- you / me motorplex..lol..your torque vrs mine..lol

might add.
ef ghia series 2 - 162 kw factory- kerb weight according to my rego 1685 kg
ef xr8 - 165 kw..--- kerb weight 1590 kg.- nothing to write home about..


naughty boy

 

_________________

Image

15 PSI OF BOOSTED GHIA GOODNESS!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 741

Joined: 29th May 2007

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Image

Hehe

edit: no. Sandvich doesnt go to the track. Driveline wont survive. Ratty old T5 with ratty Single Spinner = banggrindF$@K*ringring*hellotowtruck?

 

_________________

347 XR8 Build Thread

Last edited by s-tranzor on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 468

Joined: 21st Aug 2005

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: SERIES 2 FAIRMONT GHIA

Location: perth western australia
WA, Australia

s-tranzor wrote:
Image

Hehe





LOL!!!

 

_________________

Image

15 PSI OF BOOSTED GHIA GOODNESS!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 741

Joined: 29th May 2007

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

sorry buddy couldn't resist. I know how much you love the I6 vs V8 debate :P

 

_________________

347 XR8 Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:25 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 55

Posts: 1566

Joined: 12th Apr 2008

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

Location: Wattle Grove
NSW, Australia

Ford dropped the long wheel base Fairlane and LTD at the same time! the boss 260 would've required a bonnet hump thats why they had the lowly 220kw 3v job, mind you those buggars had heaps low down - you could fry the tyres so easy without loading em up !

 

_________________

Image
NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
ZD build thread under construction at post1136180.html#p1136180

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 613

Joined: 5th Aug 2007

Location: Ararat
VIC, Australia

low ghia wrote:
s-tranzor wrote:
yes, but at least they dont need boost to make anything better than grandma power :P

*bait bait bait*




cmon steve...LG when it was n/a still chopped many v8s of its era ( ef/el xr8) man and auto even having the weight penalty i have with a ghia so ure points a bit shakey there..lol...


july when licence comes back--- you / me motorplex..lol..your torque vrs mine..lol

might add.
ef ghia series 2 - 162 kw factory- kerb weight according to my rego 1685 kg
ef xr8 - 165 kw..--- kerb weight 1590 kg.- nothing to write home about..


naughty boy


Not that it matterS that much bud, but ALL stock E-series 8's were 165kw, from 91EB- 98 EL.
EF XR8 was actually 170kw (gained from ecu tweak I think)
Same as first EL's (170kw)
then to 185kw for elxr8 s2

The tickford Ghia 6cyl was 162 (>3kw due to exhaust baffling from xr6)

 

_________________

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:53 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 6275

Joined: 24th Nov 2004

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
Ford dropped the long wheel base Fairlane and LTD at the same time! the boss 260 would've required a bonnet hump thats why they had the lowly 220kw 3v job, mind you those buggars had heaps low down - you could fry the tyres so easy without loading em up !


Yeah, it's soooo hard to fry the tyres in my GT-P.

It'll light up in a 2nd-3rd shift with traction control on (it complains, but doesn't work)

I really don't see where the "BOSS's suck" mentality comes from - oh that's right, people that've never owned or driven one.

Image
Stock and it still lit em up on the rollers.

 

_________________

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow - 97.5rwkw
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. 293rwkw - 12.427@109 - 0-1000m 24.838@221

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:36 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 468

Joined: 21st Aug 2005

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: SERIES 2 FAIRMONT GHIA

Location: perth western australia
WA, Australia

data_mine wrote:
fairlane6970 wrote:
Ford dropped the long wheel base Fairlane and LTD at the same time! the boss 260 would've required a bonnet hump thats why they had the lowly 220kw 3v job, mind you those buggars had heaps low down - you could fry the tyres so easy without loading em up !



I really don't see where the "BOSS's suck" mentality comes from - oh that's right, people that've never owned or driven one.

Image
Stock and it still lit em up on the rollers.



not everyone actually likes them believe it or not... later model= better mentality dosent wash with everyone... personally i wouldnt want one because my opinion is the b series and now the fg series body shape is well, how can i put it...f**k !!! if i want a box ill go buy a volvo, but even volvos arnt boxy anymore..

 

_________________

Image

15 PSI OF BOOSTED GHIA GOODNESS!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 55

Posts: 1566

Joined: 12th Apr 2008

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

Location: Wattle Grove
NSW, Australia

Hey guys I wasn't bagging the Bosses for a minute i have two mates with em 1 = Boss260 XR8 stocky and 2 BAGT Boss 290 modded to 330 at last count both are extremely happy with them, i have only heard negs from the uninformed, like a guy with a 302C who reckons it goes better then a Boss lol!
give me a boss anyday i got a 5lt! if they would fit in a ZD or NF Fairlane i'd get one!

 

_________________

Image
NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
ZD build thread under construction at post1136180.html#p1136180

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:15 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 378

Joined: 3rd Dec 2004

Ride: EB V8

Location: Blue Mountains
NSW, Australia

data_mine wrote:
fairlane6970 wrote:
Ford dropped the long wheel base Fairlane and LTD at the same time! the boss 260 would've required a bonnet hump thats why they had the lowly 220kw 3v job, mind you those buggars had heaps low down - you could fry the tyres so easy without loading em up !


Yeah, it's soooo hard to fry the tyres in my GT-P.

It'll light up in a 2nd-3rd shift with traction control on (it complains, but doesn't work)

I really don't see where the "BOSS's suck" mentality comes from - oh that's right, people that've never owned or driven one.

Image
Stock and it still lit em up on the rollers.


What the hell is going on with that curve? I know the BA-BF 290 can feel a bit doughy down low when it's behind a manual (at least that BFII GT press car did; autos didn't feel so bad below 4000rpm for some reason) but that's just rediculous! They're not that bad, they have loads of midrange to gain from a custom tune, but not that much.

And don't tell me that was wheelspin because if it is a run like that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. If they can measure 1500+hp on the rollers at Summernats then surely somebody is capable of strapping a stock Falcon down properly.

 

_________________

Production Editor of Performance Motoring at Express Media Group
shollier@expresspublications.com.au
Phone: (02) 9741 3838 (direct line)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:32 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 6275

Joined: 24th Nov 2004

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

sam12h wrote:
What the hell is going on with that curve? I know the BA-BF 290 can feel a bit doughy down low when it's behind a manual (at least that BFII GT press car did; autos didn't feel so bad below 4000rpm for some reason) but that's just rediculous! They're not that bad, they have loads of midrange to gain from a custom tune, but not that much.

And don't tell me that was wheelspin because if it is a run like that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. If they can measure 1500+hp on the rollers at Summernats then surely somebody is capable of strapping a stock Falcon down properly.


That's the point, it wasn't strapped down properly. I've been the Race Solutions twice, never again. Second time, they ran my car up three times on the wrong settings, then were like (46°C ambient temps) we'll run it again properly. End result, missing more kilowatts than some cars make. I definitely would let those guys work on my car.

 

_________________

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow - 97.5rwkw
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. 293rwkw - 12.427@109 - 0-1000m 24.838@221

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:36 pm 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Well I've owned a BA Mk2 6spd manual GT and I did own one of the last BF2 Super Pursuits with the 302kw engine and 6 spd auto until a gook in a magna wrote it off about a month ago. I've also driven a BA 3V manual ute and I have to say I prefer the 3V engine. The broad torque curve the 3V has makes it much better to drive. If I could have ordered either car I had with the 3V engine I would have.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 1886

Joined: 26th Nov 2006

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

So Pete, with the insurance payout, will you be stepping into the FG?

 

_________________

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 68

Posts: 2

Joined: 22nd Mar 2009

Ride: Ford fairlane Ghia

Location: Petersham
NSW, Australia

I agree!!

I was after a V8 version Fairlane...no way Jose!!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: No V8 in std Falcons!?
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:35 pm 
EFI Guru
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 4289

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Scaffy wrote:
So Pete, with the insurance payout, will you be stepping into the FG?


No I don't like the FG utes. I just got paid out...well the finance got paid out and I got about $1300.
I'll probably offload my XG 5.0 van and get a BA or BF 3V ute for work. I may get an XR8 ute in the end because they are common as muck.
You know, if there was a 3V manual FG ute available I would get one with an Ally tray.
I'm also looking for an EL XR8 for Jill.
I actually started marking out the firewall for RH drive on the Cougar the other day too. :shock:
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:55 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names