Page 5 of 7 [ 105 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

kermey wrote:
s**t, a simple oil change convo leads to ww3

Yeah blame Tickfud._._.Sex for that. Because he likes to take everthing so personally.. and because he got to go in and have a bat for the poor, downtrodden, and misguided Mechanics out their in the World :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:37 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: BA

NSW, Australia

about using cerosene in the engine... my dad tells me to flush out the engine with 2 liters of cero and 2 or 3 liters with oil to get everything out of the engine.. cero shouldnt do any damage if running the engine for less then a min i think. would this do any damage to the engine?? i havent seen any problems yet and this helps to get almost all the crap out of the engine.

"Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits."
"Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head."
"Chuck Norris ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one."

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

shnoza wrote:
about using cerosene in the engine... my dad tells me to flush out the engine with 2 liters of cero and 2 or 3 liters with oil to get everything out of the engine.. cero shouldnt do any damage if running the engine for less then a min i think. would this do any damage to the engine?? i havent seen any problems yet and this helps to get almost all the crap out of the engine.

use the right oil and you should never need any kind of engine flush at all. letalone going to extreme lengths like that..
i don't recommend the use of even the off-the-shelf engine flush. all it is, is kero anyway.
it can and does do damage to engines. and can also cause seals to leak.

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Yeah blame Tickfud._._.Sex for that. Because he likes to take everthing so personally.. and because he got to go in and have a bat for the poor, downtrodden, and misguided Mechanics out their in the World icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

you're the one who took a simple comment out of context. and started the whole s**t fight. if you'd have said nothing that would have been my last post in this thread.

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:24 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: BA

NSW, Australia

anyother damagers kero will do to the engine?

"Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits."
"Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head."
"Chuck Norris ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one."

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

shnoza wrote:
anyother damagers kero will do to the engine?

placing any amount of load on the engine while it's in there will damage the bearings. i've seen while there is was only 500ml of kero in 5L of oil,

i'd love to see inside an engine that has been run with 2 parts kero and 3 parts oil.

not to mention straight kero as some one mentioned

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:

you're the one who took a simple comment out of context. and started the whole s**t fight. if you'd have said nothing that would have been my last post in this thread.

HA HA HA... Yeah right :roll: Like I am going to sit back and relax when I know I got a fish on the end of my hook :lol: :lol:

Now I would like to apoligise to everyone here for well and truly Hi-jacking this thread. So now I am handing it back, Thank you and Good day folks :D

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
kermey wrote:
s**t, a simple oil change convo leads to ww3

Yeah blame Tickfud._._.Sex for that. Because he likes to take everthing so personally.. and because he got to go in and have a bat for the poor, downtrodden, and misguided Mechanics out their in the World :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and well that comment sums it all up for everyone.. just goes to show the level of maturity we're dealing with. why dont we all resort to name calling and petty insults.

grow up

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

GEESUS Tickford_6! It was only a bit of friendly banter their :shock: Lighten up their Mate! :D

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
GEESUS Tickford_6! It was only a bit of friendly banter their :shock: Lighten up their Mate! :D

or how about i don't lighten up bit. you really have no idea whats it's like do you. i really wish you had to go through what we have too. you'd soon learn how cheap every thing really is. we should be all charging the sort of labor that ford does. at least then we would be able to afford the houses we live in. and have some left over for holiday every few years.

and all of you f**k heads saying what you do on here and other forums doesn't help either.

next time your in the mood friendly banter f**k off

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

Timmeh starts crying on behalf of tickford_6.

(violins playing in background)

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Timmeh wrote:
Timmeh starts crying on behalf of tickford_6.

(violins playing in background)

thats right why dont you start too. sit there hidding behind your monitor.

you start off by saying it makes you wonder how competent most mechanics are. They dont drain all the old oil so you end up having 20% crap oil mixed with the new stuff.
This is with 6 cylinders as well as the V8s.
I know professional mechanics have time constraints so they can make a profit but not draining all the oil is pathetic.

generalising like that is pathetic.
did you ever stop and think that you might actualy talk to the mechanic and ask him why? you where getting 1L back all the time. or you just thought thought f**k it. i'll get on the net and tell every one how uncompetent and pathetic most mechanics must be.

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

it is natural for people not to like confronting someone when they think something dodgy has happened. Most people clam up and don't think properly when they do, yet think of all the questions they wanted to ask 10 minutes down the road...

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

i wonder if amber would rub my balls with engine oil

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:33 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Yeah for sure Happy. I'm notorious for that.
tickford_6 why take comments on mechanics personally?
Even if they were saying "all mechanics are scum" (which they weren't), who gives a f**k? When it comes down to it, you perform a f**k serivice that people need, full stop.
You do need to realise there a dodgy prick mechanics out there, it's not your fault, and no one is saying you're one of them.

Worth a shot I guess noisuf, if that flicks your switch.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Surely, Tickford_6 you may have heard or maybe come across Mechanics that have had debatable work practises due to fixing up their Repairs and so forth from Customers. Because if you havent, then maybe you should take a trip to the Big Smoke and find out for yourself!! As you can see from other Members comments on this Thread that I am not just being biased and supposedly wrong in your opinion about my comments on how their are lots of Good Mechanics around and also BAD ones.

Last edited by 1 SLY 97EL on Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 7  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next