Fordmods Logo

Oil changes. Always do it yourself. 

 

Page 7 of 7 [ 105 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

 
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:04 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 1826

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

Location: Bayside, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Tickford _6, I only actually quoted what you said, so stop trying to tell me its night when its day! Because that is what you are doing here! You know you said the wrong thing and now you are trying to play semantics.
Honestly, I think you can see all this and are you just having a debate for the sake of one :?: :?: I think you should of been a Politician instead of a Mechanic :D



NO. i know what i said and i know the point i was trying to make.

if you can't see that then that is your problem. it been explained and worded differently if you choose to ignore that and keep arguing about some thing that you misunderstood go for it.

you need to stop focusing on one line from the entire post.
think for a second and look at the whole post and what that line refers too.

it's quite obvious that it refers to list of thing done in a service. and that yes there are things things missing from the list.
the reason being mechanics service hundreds of cars. the same things are checked on all cars. we know what needs to be done, we don't need to sit down and think about WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE. Although sitting at home after work you mind is not the job nor does it need to be, hence the missing items on the list. Obviously when the tasks are being carried out. full attention is paid to the task at hand.



it seems though that you will contintue to only focus on that one line and twist my words into making it sound like i dont concetrate on the job.
If that what you need to do to make your self feel good, by all means keep going. we couldn't have a sad little SLY now could we.


Same old Same old,BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH :lol: :lol: .

 

_________________

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Tickford _6, I only actually quoted what you said, so stop trying to tell me its night when its day! Because that is what you are doing here! You know you said the wrong thing and now you are trying to play semantics.
Honestly, I think you can see all this and are you just having a debate for the sake of one :?: :?: I think you should of been a Politician instead of a Mechanic :D



NO. i know what i said and i know the point i was trying to make.

if you can't see that then that is your problem. it been explained and worded differently if you choose to ignore that and keep arguing about some thing that you misunderstood go for it.

you need to stop focusing on one line from the entire post.
think for a second and look at the whole post and what that line refers too.

it's quite obvious that it refers to list of thing done in a service. and that yes there are things things missing from the list.
the reason being mechanics service hundreds of cars. the same things are checked on all cars. we know what needs to be done, we don't need to sit down and think about WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE. Although sitting at home after work you mind is not the job nor does it need to be, hence the missing items on the list. Obviously when the tasks are being carried out. full attention is paid to the task at hand.



it seems though that you will contintue to only focus on that one line and twist my words into making it sound like i dont concetrate on the job.
If that what you need to do to make your self feel good, by all means keep going. we couldn't have a sad little SLY now could we.


Same old Same old,BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH :lol: :lol: .



oh well if you're proven wrong and can think of any thing to say why not come out with a no thought comment like that

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6913

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Fellas is there any chance you could let this topic die or at least stay on topic?

Oil changes always do it yourself.

 

_________________

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

Timmeh wrote:
Fellas is there any chance you could let this topic die or at least stay on topic?

Oil changes always do it yourself.


don't think so mate.

as long as he keeps trying to twist what i said i'll keep this up. or if a mod puts a stop it. not befor

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:34 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 1826

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

Location: Bayside, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Timmeh wrote:
Fellas is there any chance you could let this topic die or at least stay on topic?

Oil changes always do it yourself.


don't think so mate.

as long as he keeps trying to twist what i said i'll keep this up. or if a mod puts a stop it. not befor


Ummm... a bit of a red herring their Tickford_6. The real story of the matter is, you dont want us to do our own Oil Changes. Because obviously being a Mechanic you have a vested interest in doing Oil changes for us. So having a long winded debate with me it gets everybody else fed up with this Topic. Gee, you are a sneaky devil Tickford_6 LOL,LOL

 

_________________

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
Timmeh wrote:
Fellas is there any chance you could let this topic die or at least stay on topic?

Oil changes always do it yourself.


don't think so mate.

as long as he keeps trying to twist what i said i'll keep this up. or if a mod puts a stop it. not befor


Ummm... a bit of a red herring their Tickford_6. The real story of the matter is, you dont want us to do our own Oil Changes. Because obviously being a Mechanic you have a vested interest in doing Oil changes for us. So having a long winded debate with me it gets everybody else fed up with this Topic. Gee, you are a sneaky devil Tickford_6 LOL,LOL


well no not at all. not even 5% of my weekly work is servicing cars.
my workshop is a performance shop.

the real story is i hate the way people talk about mechanics. and mostly i hate when people like you start s**t like this and try to make me look bad.

it's pathetic the way you sit there and make s**t up. All you are proving is how imature and insecure you are about your self. you need to try and make other people look bad just so you can feel good

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:41 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 3097

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

Location: Ivanhoe
NSW, Australia

I think I can see both sides here. Tickford_6 sounds like a good mechanic and if I didn't know what I was doing I wouldn't hesitate taking my car to him.

On the other hand, yes, there are dodgy mechanics out there too. The feeling you get when you are able to to do the stuff yourself is comforting - knowing what has been done etc.

I can understand now why a service costs how much it does, and that sounds like great value for the average Joe - for a lot of us here on FM it sounds like a rip off because we can do most of that stuff ourselves.

 

_________________

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 1826

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

Location: Bayside, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
well no not at all. not even 5% of my weekly work is servicing cars.
my workshop is a performance shop.

the real story is i hate the way people talk about mechanics. and mostly i hate when people like you start s**t like this and try to make me look bad.

it's pathetic the way you sit there and make s**t up. All you are proving is how imature and insecure you are about your self. you need to try and make other people look bad just so you can feel good


Hmm...you keep shooting yourself in the foot!
Case in point, you say the real story is that you hate the way people talk about Mechanics. Do you not believe that their are Good and Bad ones out their? Because people dont obviously bag out Mechanics when they do a good job now do they? Anyway why give a toss about what I or other people think about mechanics in the first place? Either way if you are a good mechanic it shouldn't affect your day to day work! Because the fact that you keep debating all this just makes your self look insecure or maybe Naive ?
:idea: Why dont you just start your own Thread in the Off-Topic section maybe say call it, " Why are all Mechanics good?" That way you and I can stop Hi-jacking Timmeh's Thread, OK

 

_________________

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

1 SLY 97EL wrote:

Hmm...you keep shooting yourself in the foot!
Case in point, you say the real story is that you hate the way people talk about Mechanics. Do you not believe that their are Good and Bad ones out their? Because people dont obviously bag out Mechanics when they do a good job now do they? Anyway why give a toss about what I or other people think about mechanics in the first place? Either way if you are a good mechanic it shouldn't affect your day to day work! Because the fact that you keep debating all this just makes your self look insecure or maybe Naive ?
:idea: Why dont you just start your own Thread in the Off-Topic section maybe say call it, " Why are all Mechanics good?" That way you and I can stop Hi-jacking Timmeh's Thread, OK


yeah there are good and there are bad ones. what i hate is the way we are all put in the basket.

stop trying to over simplify things to make them fit better in your argument. It's getting boring the way you do that. and only goes to show how simple your mind really is.

why shouldn't care what you or other people say? You are the one, who at the start of this thread made comments about my work with out ever seeing it. hence the reason all of this started. YOU made the first move.
All i was doing was trying explane what actualy gets done during a service. But no you couldn't have that you had start this.

So if you are so concerned about timmehs thread perhaps you should think about you own actions instead of blamming only half the reason

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:30 pm 
Fordmods Addict
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 7958

Joined: 1st Jun 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

I think we can safely say, this has been done to death, and the conclusions are
1. some mechanics are bad (but not all!!!)
2. some mechanics are rip offs (but not all!!!)
3. If you can do your own oil change, good for you. If not, that's what mechanics are for, and you get charming service as well. (no sarcasm, really)

tickford_6 and Sly, I think you 2 should just either a)arrange to meet somewhere for a bare knuckle fight with brass knuckles or b)arrange to meet somewhere for pistols at dawn
cause it ain't gonna end till one of you is dead on the concrete bleeding from your eyes.

 

_________________

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:45 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 1826

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

Location: Bayside, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
tickford_6 and Sly, I think you 2 should just either a)arrange to meet somewhere for a bare knuckle fight with brass knuckles or b)arrange to meet somewhere for pistols at dawn
cause it ain't gonna end till one of you is dead on the concrete bleeding from your eyes.


Na, Na you got us both all wrong here I dont feel any hatred or malice here for Tickford_6 whatsoever. And like Physical violence ever solved anything anyway. We are only having a good old fashioned debate here. Thats all, gee we havent even flamed each other either. Like no one has told the other to "F off," or anything like that. I think I will just have to agree to disagree with Tickford_6 now :D

 

_________________

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:13 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 52

Posts: 4370

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA Fairlane Ghia

Location: Karratha
WA, Australia

There are a few good mechs out there, few and far between, if u find one, stick with em, i probably found 3/4 in the last 25yrs of playing with vehicles, of all types, DIY, then u know its done properly, or if it f**k up, u got no one else to blame but yourself, if u cant change oil, sumthin wrong there.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:14 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 183

Joined: 5th Apr 2005

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: NC fairlane + f150 4X4

Location: berwick
VIC, Australia

Timmeh wrote:
General public who call mechanics grease monkeys are d***head. I dont know of any monkeys who can strip a carby or diagnose engine faults.


havn't you seen Any witch way but loose "clyde strip the caddy" admitedly clyde was an orangatang. If it's in a movie it must be true.

i do like the irony of the fact this tread was started not long before one of our brothers in arms stripped his sump plug thread in the work carpark. bet he wish he was at the "grease monkeys"

 

_________________

If mistakes are the best way to learn why the hell arn't I a freekin genius yet.

I AM THE SPELLING KING BEHOLD MY
ineqati-inekwati-enequoati.....crapness!

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:25 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 1826

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

Location: Bayside, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

dalesf150 wrote:
i do like the irony of the fact this tread was started not long before one of our brothers in arms stripped his sump plug thread in the work carpark. bet he wish he was at the "grease monkeys"


Geesus how did he do that? Like when you tighten them up they can only go so far in etc. Or did he accidently cross-thread it :?:

 

_________________

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:35 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 183

Joined: 5th Apr 2005

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: NC fairlane + f150 4X4

Location: berwick
VIC, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Geesus how did he do that? Like when you tighten them up they can only go so far in etc. Or did he accidently cross-thread it :?:


he might be like me I can bench press my iq. that makes me both strong enough and stupid enough to do it.

ps that was a joke "ohh hahaha hmmm" if I was as stupid as i was strong i'd be either to week or dumb to keep breathing.

 

_________________

If mistakes are the best way to learn why the hell arn't I a freekin genius yet.

I AM THE SPELLING KING BEHOLD MY
ineqati-inekwati-enequoati.....crapness!

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 7 of 7  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:25 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names