Fordmods Logo

parker funnel web intake,worth efi conversion ?? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: parker funnel web intake,worth efi conversion ??
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

Just bought a new parker funnel web intake to suit windsor off a mate.What i was thinking was to get the injector bosses drilled and make a small plenum box to bolt where the 4 bbl fits and fit BA v8 twin throttle bodies on it.The only problem is bonnet height on the eb but with a ba xr8 bonnet hump i think it would give me the clearance i need...any thoughts on this idea

Attachments:
funnel web intake 003.JPG
funnel web intake 003.JPG [ 384.32 KiB | Viewed 205 times ]
funnel web intake 001.JPG
funnel web intake 001.JPG [ 377.9 KiB | Viewed 200 times ]

Post subject: Re: parker funnel web intake,worth efi conversion ??
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED EF and AU V8s

WA, Australia

They are a pretty tall manifold, the buldge may clear it, but even a nice 4barrel t/b with a airclearner may be the go too.

Suppose an aftermarket ecu is goin to be fitted?

Too many cars atm

ED sprint
EF Fairmont V8
AU ghia V8

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ashcook wrote:
That looks the good mate! The internals look awesome. If you can get this up and running, what a nice piece of machinery then!

How much through the bonnet do you think you need? I've been considering this myself for sometime and don't think the BA bulge will be high enough in the right spot where you and I would have required the extra height.

going to keep it under the bonnet,just measured it up vs the ho intake and i've got 8-9 cm spare spare for a plenum or 4bbl throttle body with touching the bonnet,so with BA bulge it would be better again

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

nicskitz wrote:
They are a pretty tall manifold, the buldge may clear it, but even a nice 4barrel t/b with a airclearner may be the go too.

Suppose an aftermarket ecu is goin to be fitted?

im doing cost up for after market ecu but probly stock ecu will do.I was thinking of doing a small plenum for ba twin throat t/b or 4bbl t/b running back MAF.The biggest problem is that nsw rta is cracking down on any after market gear on efi cars so might have to get somethink with metal bumper bars

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ashcook wrote:
Thats not too bad at all. You may be ok then for clearance. If worse comes to worse, you may even be able to mill a small bit off the top of the manifold. But thats taking drastic measures then.

yeah but thats a rough measure up,im hoping to get it all going soon but it will be fitted up on the spare motor which is getting biggest efi spec cam i can get from crow,ported heads & matched ported to funnel web

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ashcook wrote:
taxi 5L wrote:
ashcook wrote:
Thats not too bad at all. You may be ok then for clearance. If worse comes to worse, you may even be able to mill a small bit off the top of the manifold. But thats taking drastic measures then.

yeah but thats a rough measure up,im hoping to get it all going soon but it will be fitted up on the spare motor which is getting biggest efi spec cam i can get from crow,ported heads & matched ported to funnel web

nice, very nice! keep the updates coming

will do ash it should be good i hope,fingers cross work will slow down abit so im not doing 16hrs a week o/t and have some spare time

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:58 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

BA's don't have twin throttle bodies, they have a single blade 75mm drive by wire t-body which is of course the next problem....no way to drive the throttle.
You'd be better off with an elbow and single 75mm or so(depending on the state of tune) mustang type t-body. Of course if your engine is mild that intake is going to cause a HUGE reduction in performance.

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

XR9UTE wrote:
BA's don't have twin throttle bodies, they have a single blade 75mm drive by wire t-body which is of course the next problem....no way to drive the throttle.
You'd be better off with an elbow and single 75mm or so(depending on the state of tune) mustang type t-body. Of course if your engine is mild that intake is going to cause a HUGE reduction in performance.

i didnt even think of the fly by wire on them.Problem with the elbow is bonnet clearance thats why i was thinking small plenum on top or 4 bbl t/b.The manifold reckons 3900-8000 power range. So do you think after market computer with a big cam to make use of the manifold ?

phill

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:36 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

You'll need aftermarket heads, cam, bottom end parts to handle the increased rpm etc etc. Just by using this intake you'll be making the whole 1000-3900rpm range unuseable for increased performance.
You'll have no change out of ten grand to make proper use of that intake.
What sort of performance are you after in money terms?

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

XR9UTE wrote:
You'll need aftermarket heads, cam, bottom end parts to handle the increased rpm etc etc. Just by using this intake you'll be making the whole 1000-3900rpm range unuseable for increased performance.
You'll have no change out of ten grand to make proper use of that intake.
What sort of performance are you after in money terms?

At the moment my motor doesnt do much to at least 2900rpm then it comes life and pulls 5700rpm ish.My shopping list is Arp rod bolts,main studs,stud girdle,gt40p heads,new bigger cam,valve springs to suit,4bbl throttle body with inbuilt injector ports and rails.I know the 40 heads arent big enough but its just a trail thing and would look great when the bonnet is opened,if it doesnt work i'll put my explorer on then and take it as a lesson learnt but im going to have a crack at it at least..as for $$ terms and what i expect anythink more then what i got is great but 270rwhp im happy with that..ive got 227rwhp at the moment with ho intake,std t/b,standard maf but now have au maf,1.72 rollers,new steel intake tube and im getting put on the rollers before next wsid drag night just to see what i've gained if anythink...

cheers phill

cheers phill

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:19 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

agree with Pete ...think you,d be better off puttin the explorer on coz the 40p,s will be the cork ..itl look trick but whats the point if its a pig under 3500 ?? ... chuck one on a 408 or larger with some big flowing heads 8-)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]